Love playing PoE? Tired of trading or RMT - or do you enjoy either? Vote here!

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
but if they are going to the effort of coding and hosting a whole new league I feel like it would be better to make something that was actually going to make a big difference and give us all something new and exciting.

A SFL balanced for for finding and crafting your own gear would be all of those things to me. I don't think yet another trading league that you described would be better.
Standard Forever
"
"
radmanvr wrote:
Once again let me reiterate why it is unfair to buff drop rates for SFL but before I do let me say that I played self found to level 70 ground slamming things until I farmed enough currency to play trade tycoon.

Its unfair because other players want to play this game and they want to have a good time and fun experience. Items are part of that fun and if GGG buffs drop rates for the SFL they are giving more fun to that group of players specifically which I feel is unfair.

Now I have a dilemma do I play SFL to get moar drops to have more fun or do I stick with trading which is also fun. It will put me in limbo and a lot of others to, to the point where we will just move on. It will create a divide in the community and hatred for one another.

Bottom line is its a bad idea.

If GGG did this at launch it would have been all good because its a system that was implemented.

But if they do it now, that would mean they are giving the minority what they want and when the majority wants something what's going to happen?

If you speak the truth and you truly think trading is fun then there is no problem. Both groups are having fun. It's the same as some people that are having fun in both ambush and invasion.

If you lied and secretly you loathe trading then you need to reconsider your entire argument and maybe start rooting for SFL too.

But I can't have as much fun as I use to knowing that the other group whined until they got what they want.

I really don't want to take it out of context so take what I say with a grain of salt.

When women asked for the right to vote they did not asked that their vote counts 20% more than men. I'm just saying

Now with no further adieu

Please SFL will be bad for the game and you know it. Your polls mean nothing here because not everyone voted.

But we are not arguing gender equality we are arguing player equality.

Your reward should be the self found league itself why ask for increase drop rate. And I am not even a big trader. I trade when I need to and list my items on POE.XYZ but I do not hang in the trade chat and spam stuff.

SFL should not be rewarded for not being able to trade. Don't even try to call it a trade off. Its not like its Invasion.

In invasion the trade off is since you can die and fall out of league GGG will increase drop rates for those who play in invasion.

Also, invasion is a challenge that GGG implemented so that players can step up and challenge themselves an in return get better drops.

SFL is not a challenge it is a reward for antisocial introverts with a condition. Do not ask for more.
Last edited by radmanvr on Apr 21, 2014, 7:23:38 PM
"
radmanvr wrote:

Please SFL will be bad for the game and you know it. Your polls mean nothing here because not everyone voted.

Bad argument. BTW if the OP could get EVERYONE to vote i'm pretty sure that he would. This is the only way to do it and believe it or not it does have some meaning to it.

"
Your reward should be the self found league itself why ask for increase drop rate.

For the obvious reason that the game isn't a billion times harder.

"

SFL should not be rewarded for not being able to trade. Don't even try to call it a trade off. Its not like its Invasion.

Ya its a trade off. Nothing is easier than trading. You would have to get gems, orbs, gear all yourself. Thats much much more difficult. If GGG makes some of your gear legacy its not instantly worth 5-10 times more.

"

In invasion the trade off is since you can die and fall out of league GGG will increase drop rates for those who play in invasion. Also, invasion is a challenge that GGG implemented so that players can step up and challenge themselves an in return get better drops.

Did I miss the memo or something? Invasion has better drops?

"
SFL is not a challenge it is a reward for antisocial introverts with a condition. Do not ask for more.

Would you please stop saying that we have a "condition" for simply wanting the option of playing in a SFL. I find that somewhat insulting. Not to mention the antisocial introverts part which is definitely insulting and also completely wrong.

BTW what makes you think that this new league needs to be more challenging? I don't care if its more challenging or not, although I expect it to be since it won't have the easy short cut of trading.
Standard Forever
I never said the new leagues need to be challenging I am simply stating because one of you yay sayers said that SFL deserves increase drop rate because its challenging.

and for the record I haven't even voted not yet so where is your god now?

Not everyone that plays this game will vote.

We don't need split communities

Stop trying to make SFL sound like a good idea when it's not a good idea.

Do you want to know how I got my original gems for my build. I looked up quest reward and if Marauder didn't have it I made a toon and got to that quest to in order to get the gem because I didn't know what c, exa, alt or anything was trading was intimidating and I didn't want to sound like a retard.

I apologize if I sound like I am insulting you. I mean you no harm.

As I said before but I do not think you understand.

Getting items is fun regardless of how you get it except in your case its ultimate fun when self found and no other way is fun.

When this venue (increase drop rate) is given to yay sayers, nay sayers will feel like its unfair because it was not offered to us.

Don't say its a tradeoff or whatever. You chose SFL so as part of the deal you play with the same drop rates as everyone else.

Also inb4 but party system cannot be allowed in SFL even if it's set to perma allocation all the time, every time. Because, this would not be self found. This would be party found but it allocated to me mode.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Dont you think the ideas people have been putting around for a crafting league would be a lot more fun? A league where you just find tons of currency and base items instead of yellow items? Something that is actually a completely different concept with its own skills and knowledge base, rather than "hey guys, theres 2 leagues, its the same thing but you get X% more drops in this league". It would be a different dynamic with a different set of challenges, it doesnt need to exclude partying and trading, maybe changes need made so you can only trade currency not items, there might be mechanical changes made to how items are seen so they cant be dropped once rolled etc, but if they are going to the effort of coding and hosting a whole new league I feel like it would be better to make something that was actually going to make a big difference and give us all something new and exciting.

That idea at its base doesn't really differ much from the whole SFL one... Similar concept with its own twist on implementation.

I like both ideas. While I am not blindly deluded into thinking either of the two would "magically fix the game" or anything similar, I do believe introducing a new flavour to the game would be beneficial - for both the reasons you point out, and the reasons Petrov points out in the OP of this very thread.

On a larger scale it's probably a much better idea for everyone to be a little bit more open minded and allow for compromises which would in reality improve both of the proposed ideas.

After all, Ambush and Invasion are leagues with twists just like what we are proposing here. Nothing is stopping GGG from considering our ideas, but in order for them to notice it, we have to be more organized and not jump at each others throats for pages and pages. Even then, we have to keep in mind GGG is always in position to adjust things to their liking.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
radmanvr wrote:

When this venue (increase drop rate) is given to yay sayers, nay sayers will feel like its unfair because it was not offered to us.

You are literally the first person I have seen to argue that its not fair.....just because, and not that its not fair because the game would be easier.

"
Don't say its a tradeoff or whatever. You chose SFL so as part of the deal you play with the same drop rates as everyone else.

Not seeing an argument here. You think its unfair for some reason that I still don't really get. Changing the drop rates of orbs and maybe gear is completely logical if you remove trading.

"
Also inb4 but party system cannot be allowed in SFL even if it's set to perma allocation all the time, every time. Because, this would not be self found. This would be party found but it allocated to me mode.

I don't really know why people are so against partying in a SFL. If I find something allocated to me in a group right now I would still call that self found. All the sudden I don't deserve my drops because I am in a group?
Standard Forever
If someone has IIR/IIQ and gets the killing blow that is their find not yours. Even if its allocated to you.

The OP wants to get rid of RMT so that is the best way or else I will have a guy decked out with IIQ/IIR and sell my service for RMT
Last edited by radmanvr on Apr 21, 2014, 8:31:49 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Im sry to hear about your luck man. See I dont know what to say to that, because its not my experience nor the experience of anyone I have played with. From a distance I cant be sure if its bad luck or if other people are killing 50x as many monsters at higher levels than you in their 1000 hours, and thats why they got more out of it. Take heart though, the boxes in Ambush are helping out a lot with drops, the game feels accelerated, someone is level 100 already. Ive found tons of stuff, more stuff than I was finding on standard thats for sure.

I would say though, if youre not speed grinding 70-75 maps with tanky machine killer characters then you should look at making a monster char that can get you the leg up you need to start being efficient and get more out of your time. I dont know how you play or what you enjoy so I dont dont want to offend you by making presumptions, thats just a general bit of advice for anyone struggling.

Well, I only dabbled in ambush, I guess my time in invasion made me lose interest in the new leagues, and after starting over in the two previous leagues, it got kind of old. Though, the strongboxes are a step in the right direction, and I'm glad they are adding them to standard.

Speed grinding 7x maps isn't an option for a solo player, the drop rate just isn't high enough to do that kind of mapping (outside of Ambush, apparently). Admittedly my lack of good drops is probably due to my altoholic nature, and the unfortunate circumstances that don't allow me to play PoE like its a second job.

I would not consider myself a casual player by any means, anyone who puts 1000+ hours into one game is certainly not casual. I am, however, not a no-life player either. I don't play PoE like its a Korean MMO. If GGG wants to appeal only to the no-life players, then they are certainly doing a good job of it. It's not a matter of being lazy, I just don't want to invest thousands of hours into a game when it is so very unrewarding.

It seems PoE is made for only the most hardcore of the hardcore. I guess this excludes me, and I actually have played Korean MMO's -- I managed to get a 97 Lord Knight in Ragnarok Online. Getting 8% of a level after 10 hours of grinding was considered a good day, but I kept at it because that game had the best Guild Vs Guild PvP mode I've ever experienced.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

theres a guy whos work ethic for gaming just puts me to shame. If anyone watched his stream, they will know what is possible solo self found, and where the retarded issues are with self found play like that. Between the 2 of us we had over 8000 hours played and we had a combined total of 2 eternal orbs... like how the hell is anyone supposed to do serious crafting with drop rates like that? Purely a trade restricted thing, and Ive been blue in the face arguing that on these forums trust me.

Almost anything is achievable if you put enough time into it. I've no idea how either of you manage to play this game that much though. Basically, the point is that I want an ARPG, not another job.

I agree that there should be increased drop rates for orbs, however let's not forget that the RNG on orbs is layered. RNG to find the orbs, RNG to get something decent from crafting. So even if you were to buff orb drop rate, it will still be more efficient to trade them, unless GGG do something crazy, and set orb drop rate to like 2000%.
Killing mosters to find loot: It is evil! It is easy!

Trading? Goood, it is hard!

Btw what is all the fuss about you guys wanting to kill shit to get gear drops?! This is an ARPG raarrw
Last edited by symban on Apr 21, 2014, 10:15:33 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Temper wrote:

Muling gems invalidates that character being self found.How the fuck does a character that has no access besides RNG finding them get his hands on gems that he can't have with rewards ?

The entire end game gem setup is focused on something the character din't find,but was given. lol

yeah, I gave the gem to myself, thats self found, muling gems is a race tactic for solo self found races. If you want to put silly limits on yourself to make the game more challenging then go for it man, I got all the love and respect in the world for you. But I dont understand "hey guys I made a bunch of rules that make the game harder for myself, problem is the game is now harder for me, can we make a whole new set of leagues where the game is easier so I dont find it hard when I intentionally make the game harder for myself?"

Thats where it doesnt make sense, and all this back and forth Im hardcore I got 0 deaths I dont mule gems stuff it just distractions and point scoring, the core of wanting an sfl and claiming some sort of manmode status is fundamentally incompatible.

"
Mephasm wrote:

All you need to "make a build work" is decent gear. Sure, experience helps, but with guides like this: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/445390 - there is zero guesswork on how the build actually plays. I can watch a streamer and without looking at his build, just what skills hes using, the number of auras/mana reserved and gear, and completely recreate the build on the skill tree with a high level of accuracy.

As far as playing the character goes, that's not rocket science. Spam your 5/6L ability, curse, and don't get in over your head, and if you do, initiate alt+f4 (GGG approved strategy).

if its so easy then why do so many people get it so wrong? The forum is full of 'cant get past cruel' 'cant get past merciless' 'cant do maps' 'cant get past 84' type posts. You know as well as I do that this game is a lot easier than quite a number of people are finding it, and so much eaiser than it was at the start of open beta. All I was trying to say is that ok, theres people in this thread with really valid points, but theres also a bagload of bad players in this game who will vote for an SFL because the implication is that it will be easier for them. Thats all I meant by it.

"
Mephasm wrote:

Never finding any decent items kills my desire to play, trading does not provide any rewards for me, since the experience is horrible. It seems to me that the more you enjoy trading, the more it encourages you to play. I've had my fill of "kill monster - get money to buy items" in D3. Selling unidentified rares for 2C to a NPC is not nearly as fun for me as it is for the traders it would seem.

do you think maybe the reason you are not finding good items is because you are vendoring them unid? I would never vendor an item unid for chaos recipe. Are you really never finding any decent items? I find that hard to believe, I could have equipped maybe 7 or 8 full endgame viable characters purely from loot Ive found in ambush so far.

99% of my trading is me selling endgame/leveling gears I find to other people, and then using the currency to roll maps, its not me killing monsters to find orbs to buy gear. Im not even rolling the maps this league, Im just flat up chaos hoarding to have some crafting fun back on standard when it ends and playing maps blue.

There are vendors in games like Diablo to simulate you being in a world and hanging out in towns where other adventurers are buying and selling loot, they are there to add depth to the world and even out the rng of drops so the game can have more build + loot diversity without leaving players high and dry. Now we actually have other adventurers to trade with, real players in the game. I completely reject the idea of an RMAH but I dont have a conceptual problem with trade. Trade in this game can be a real hastle, it can be annoying, but I dont agree with views that its not playing the game etc, I think its a valid evolution of something that used to be simulated by npcs.

You are aware that I haven't supported a SFL and support tweaks to gambling/crafting and further work on recipes for the whole communities sake right ?

My *issue* in threads like these are players claiming they or others are solo self found and that taking out Dominus (the pinnacle of current story gameplay) is fast and easy peasy to do solo self found and they themselves not even done this or can produce a link to someone that has.

I'm well aware I *could* play my characters past the 70s and into full time mapping,however I'm not interested in mapping for various resons,of which I've made clear in the past more than enough times.I'm aware I could keep rerolling infinitely,but that wore thin after the second year of POE as I play solo self found.I'm aware that I could trade to expand gameplay options,but I have no interest in trading in an ARPG,particularly one without sufficient trade infrastructure.

Both sides of this debate have thrown out what they call facts,but I've seen very little facts supporting either side and it's all mostly been opinion.

=)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info