Love playing PoE? Tired of trading or RMT - or do you enjoy either? Vote here!

"
LSN wrote:
People who deny trading don't understand the core of the game.

Game is big enough to accommodate everyone.
Especially given changes are quite trivial compared to other changes done to the game.

Your precious trading won't be disrupted.
Those people who aren't satisfied with SFL will return to regular leagues.
Those who will find SFL new home won't.
I have posted in this thread already way before.

I don't call people stupid who have a different opinion but those who don't understand simple context and hard facts(like e.g. you).

I gave you 3-4 hard facts that stand against a SFL. Learn to discuss appropriately and invalidate my points if you can.

What you do is just revealing your own inabilities.

"Game is big enough to accommodate everyone.
Especially given changes are quite trivial compared to other changes done to the game."

Exactly this is not true, considering the fact that already now the population of some leagues is quite low, you made a wrong point here again.

I am not here to argue about hard facts. The simple fact is:
A SFL with 4 different sub leagues each season (which would be required to keep consitency of PoE leagues system) would split players apart and therefore be strongly detrimental to the game.

There is nothing you can do about this hard fact, no matter how long you continue to whine or come up with wrong arguments. It is the way it is and as I described this. The only thing that you could do is to admit this and still want a SFL (and therefore admit that you want the game to suffer) or allow me to call you stupid because you cannot understand a simple matter of fact.
Last edited by LSN on Apr 21, 2014, 10:28:44 AM
LSN complaints could be understood if PoE pulls blizzard and go from full AH to full BoA.
But it is not what is being asked.

This i-know-better-than-you-ish "NO" is disturbing.
I repeat myself:

It is a hard fact that a SFL would split player base apart heavily and is therefore strongly detrimental to the game.

Now you have 2 choices:

Either
a) you admit that you want the devs to implement detrimental stuff to their game, or
b} [Removed by Support]

It is in fact your pick. I don't want to insult you but it is the way it is.

The same applies to all the other arguments as well.

It is a hard fact that frustration about RNG/loot/crafting in a SFL would be the same as in normal league because it is system intrinsic and cannot be changed no matter how much tweaked it gets because this matter of fact does not depend on the actual droprates of stuff but on the relative drop rate of possible improvement drops to what you have (which will stay exactly the same).

Now you hve 2 choices:
Either
a) you admit that you want a SFL which does not improve your experience at all, or
b) [Removed by Support]

I could go on with any other point like this. There is no single valid point for a SFL yet still.
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Apr 21, 2014, 11:11:44 AM
"
LSN wrote:

80-90% of SFL proponents are enviers who believe that a SFL would give them BIS gear by default after some time.

I am so envious of others. When will I ever have good gear. Whoaaa is meee
Standard Forever
The ones who'd be "splitting" are currently:

A) not playing
B) playing, but not participating in the economy
C) playing, participating in the economy but do not enjoy it.

Happy customers are PAYING customers.

Having another way to make more people HAPPY is always going to be a plus for GGG.
Stryker you may belong to the other 10-20% then. Who cares? Most people who think that their droprates will be increased heavily so that they can get their good stuff easily belong to the 80-90% tho.

"The ones who'd be "splitting" are currently:

A) not playing
B) playing, but not participating in the economy
C) playing, participating in the economy but do not enjoy it.

Happy customers are PAYING customers.

Having another way to make more people HAPPY is always going to be a plus for GGG."

Well this is what you think. I don't believe many players quitted PoE because of trading. Not at all. I believe that it were other factors that made them leave which would not be adressed with a SFL itself at all. What is left from your point now? Nothing.

Anyway splitting apart players is not about trading only. It is about my friend playing in SFL and I in normal league so we can't play together = detrimental to the game.

Last edited by LSN on Apr 21, 2014, 10:40:59 AM
Re: the point about splitting playerbase, you know that paid leagues are coming, regardless of whether they are SFL or not... right?

I share the concern over fracturing the playerbase, but in this context it's not a satisfactory argument against a SFL. If you're going to argue against it, don't grasp at straws.

-signed, a SFL opponent.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Inb4, as long as SFL drop rates is kept the same and GGG does not have to cut other areas budget to give you anti-social introverts the league you want, I'm ok with that.

But really I don't see why GGG should give the minority their own league just because they have a condition.

If SFL has buffed drop rates I will quit the game and I buy a lot of points probably $300 already. It would feel completely unfair cause I don't have a condition where i have to play solo. I like trading.

Buffed drop rates should not be the answer for no trading in SFL.

Pretty sure inb4 but make an offline mode instead of SFL. In offline mode you can still purchase game features, art, stash and what not. Charge a 1 time fee for purchase of offline mode. Everyone wins.
Last edited by radmanvr on Apr 21, 2014, 10:57:55 AM
How do you know in which way paid leagues are going to be implemented into the game? What is the issue about talking about stuff that we don't know yet?

"
radmanvr wrote:
Inb4, as long as SFL drop rates is kept the same and GGG does not have to cut other areas budget to give you anti-social introverts the league you want, I'm ok with that.

But really I don't see why GGG should give the minority their own league just because they have a condition.

If SFL has buffed drop rates I will quit the game and I buy a lot of points probably $300 already. It would feel completely unfair cause I don't have a condition where i have to play solo. I like trading.

Buffed drop rates should not be the answer for no trading in SFL.

Exactly this!

I would quit the game as well because I love playing PoE for the reason it is a slow paced game where I can do a 2-3 month break and return and still improve further and have fun for years this way.

If a SFL however is not going to improve the droprates, there is no point about all this.
Last edited by LSN on Apr 21, 2014, 10:45:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info