First Invasion Atziri kills have occurred!

"
Ricjames wrote:

GGG can't really be blamed as they are trying to do something nice and people turn it into something terrible by their behaviour. But that is how it is, and you can't do shit about it except crying on the forum and disrespect people who are guilty. As long as there will be money/currency involved - expect people to be trying to cheat and people who take advantage of that.

Have to kinda disagree there a bit. GGG could've, if it really was their intention from the beginning to let only solo kills count towards the achievement, let the apex spawn with 1 portal. Well maybe that's too hard/harsh for standard/ambush since you can die and respawn. But atleast they would know what HC feels like, the point of the fight anyway.
For HC/Invasion 1 portal wouldn't make a difference. No return trip, dead is dead.
OR keep the 6 portals but only the apex maker can use the portals. Simple things they could've/ should've thought about first before make such a competition. I hope in the future they will think things more thouroughly so everyone has the same chance of beating a challenge/ achievement. Not just the rich and wealthy.

To those bitchin about D3 clearly haven't played with the new patch. D3 is actually more appealing & rewarding than PoE as of now. Loot drops are good, you can get actual upgrades to your gear instead of wasting time trading, crafting is a thing now, AH is gone. Solo play is rewarded as well as group play. And I haven't even started with RoS adding even more stuff.

Now compare this to PoE, loot is most often garbage, upgrades often have to be through trade. Which is just wasting time and destroying the overall experience. Crafting became a thing with the addition of the Eternal but then implicitely got nerfed with the IIQ nerf. Buying Eternals is a no go since well, Exalts also don't drop frequently. Buying either two with chaos takes forever, just to be disappointed with 1 eternal/exalt spam on your craft to see +1 reflect. So back to square one, crafting it NOT rewarding at all. Well it is, but just for the filthy rich / RMT people. People who started at release are discouraged. Again hammering on that full reset that SHOULD'VE happened back then. With all changes and nerves lately PoE feels like a Beta game again. Path of Beta...
Solo play has become less rewarding, started with all auras being % based after 1.0 (except Clarity) I believe. Going downhill eversince (legacy stuff in short).
Vaal expansion: useless gems (except for Cyclone I suppose), corrupted areas are OK but bosses are way overpowered / unbalanced. Liked the idea of mini-mapping.
Atziri fight is kinda meh, not because she's 1-shotting people but because it takes forever (still wating for Midnight drop) to get the pieces. (Comparing this to gathering the D3 Infernal Machine pieces, sitting there on 30 IM and also did that fight a few dozen times). A dozen Atziri fights won't be happening anytime soon, an experience that is out of reach cause of some midnight RNG bug.

edit:
"
Since I refuse to believe that GGG are ignorant, they must have known this too -- and done it anyway.

Sadly, GGG vision from 2 years ago is not the same anno 2014

"
Lol. Mors himself is selling kills too dude..

And so, the Path of Greed has started
IGNs: [TempCI, Flamin, - Std] / [EK_Tanker - HC]
[Comstark, ShavronnesMistress - Anarchy] [MontreGulsTITANS, - Dom / CLHS_Tank - Nemesis]
[Atziri_Achiever - Ambush] / [ArcerONaRampage - Rampage]
Last edited by Promo1987 on Mar 24, 2014, 9:10:23 AM
selling atziri kills makes this whole race complete joke. gg ggg another failure
Last edited by janimauk on Mar 24, 2014, 8:25:04 AM
Lets not forget about Helman, who nearly died two times - <1k hp, and ~200hp on second time, he also did not log.. that's some balls.

Atziri kill sells wasn't hard to foresee, and it just ruins the spirit of competition. Now basically everyone is forced to purchase a kill, otherwise some guy with some wealth or real money is going to get her, although he doesn't deserve it. You can call in just a silly MTX, but it's something more than that - an achievement, I did it.

This seemed like a great competition event for Hardcore league, but sadly enough it turned out complete shit.
Not blaming any side, but for competitions there should be set at least some rules, if GGG thinks that the rewards should be deserved not bought.
"I accept Nujabes as my Savior."
after of die 3000times in aztiri normal... practicing ... sure they dooooo!! bah...
Twitch.tv/Enkaz0
I'm more disappointed by the fact that the fights seem to be extremely restrictive on possible builds. Like 75% of the builds capable of killing Palace Dominus would be unable to do this instance. And this is not even the "uber" version.

I want to congratulate TEKKLESS for his hard work and efforts in getting his Atziri achievement, really well done.

Chris, how do you feel about Havoc making a complete joke out of this competition? Maybe to rename it 'First 50 to get 20ex in Invasion' might be a better description.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
Sodomee wrote:
10k HP Triple Curse build that gets carried by a group that runs maps purchased through RMTed exalts...

GGG should just allow RMT officially. Then it won't look so bad that they continue to reward people who do it (and everyone knows it, which makes it so silly). The "fame", the t-shirts, now the exclusive MTX. I don't even blame those who do it, because if it keeps working, and if there are only rewards, and no risks or consequences, policies and rules lose their meaning.

Selling kills was predictable. The whole idea of exclusive MTX was flawed and could only have exactly this result: people buying kills and people buying gear to achieve these kills. Since I refuse to believe that GGG are ignorant, they must have known this too -- and done it anyway.
"
Sodomee wrote:

Regardless, it is pretty messed up that Havoc is selling kills on Invasion. Do you not agree?

Lol. Mors himself is selling kills too dude...
Last edited by CptQaoz on Mar 24, 2014, 9:07:16 AM
"
Sodomee wrote:
"
Gobla wrote:
"
Sodomee wrote:
It isn't really GGG's fault. They could have made it a solo achievement, but that would have been even worse.

Sure the fight would have been impossible to sell, but then no one would want to play support builds. Why would you pick up aura nodes or build for group play if your main focus is to do a solo achievement? Doing the challenge this way would have split people up and caused community problems.

I mean it can get down right nasty... If someone on the ladder is trying to buy upgrades in order to kill Atziri, why would you want to help that player get the kill before you? Why would you want to stream the fight or give away info on the fight? Most people would rather hinder others instead of helping them if they are competing. It is sad to say, but that is just how people are.

I must admit, I'm confused.

You're saying that the problem of a solo competition would be the fact that people would get competitive? That they'd want to compete against each other?

Isn't that the whole point of a competition? To compete against each other. To not help those you're competing with but instead try to beat them?

As for the competition itself, I don't really see the point of the complaints. It should've been obvious well in advance at what crowd this competition was aimed.

You are missing the point.

There is going to be competition regardless of the challenge. This is why we have the ladder. I'm getting at the fact that it would ruin the teamwork aspect of this game. It is online only for a good reason.

This game is meant to be multiplayer. It is meant to revolve around the community and trading. Making a challenge based around solo play completely goes against what the game is about. Solo play in this game is an option; not a requirement. GGG wants the community to work together; not against each other.

Do you think that people cannot work together in a competition? That the only way to compete is to make it solo? My point is that making it a solo competition would hinder group play. People who once wanted to band together to climb the ladder must now make a decision. Do we want to work together and have fun leveling up, or do we compete against our friends for the challenge?

Solo play in this game is not an option. Not trading is not an option either. If you play solo, self-found, unless you play as much or more than I do, you'll be stuck in Cruel difficulty for a long time. I can get to mapping on my own, but I'll never see maps above level 68, find or get to use Exalted orbs, find or get to use top-end uniques, complete more than 2 or 3 of the challenges, find the components to open the Atziri map, put together a kit that has more than 3500 life, etc. To me, all of this is BS. My choice to mostly play solo and mostly not trade should not restrict from being able to enter and play in 68+ maps or have a go at Atziri. I'm also getting tired of the one-shot mechanics of the map/corrupted zone bosses: bleeds that drain 3500 life to death in less than 2 seconds; off-screen freeze pulse trap spam that perma-freezes you and kills you before you know wtf is going on; 360-degree shot-gun fireballs that fill the entire room... really?... a melee character cannot even enter the room to fight the boss. Is this crap supposed to be fun? I don't find it fun. Fun is what I was having before I encountered this BS.
I lolled at seeing mors first reaction to ripping...in a crying voice, 'now havoc will be the only one selling kills'
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info