First Invasion Atziri kills have occurred!

"At the time of writing, there have now been a total of 18 players get credit for kills of Invasion Atziri."

This is what it comes down to after two weeks of updates in the form of
"people are getting close", "come on guys.." etc etc.

Just check out Chris' wording. Anticlimactic, diplomatic, kind of pathetic, boring.
"
"
Morsexier wrote:
"
I think they should make it where you have to kill her yourself or something. Getting carried by someone who already done it is ridiculous.

That person would just zone in and cull the bosses then or something.

If i truly cared about being first Atziri kill, I'd never have streamed my practices, and I'd have been first.

Out of curiosity, and because I do value your word about it, were you selling Atziri kills? There are accusations of such throughout this thread.

A simple yes or no suffices here.

Absolutely. One kill was always going to Jack who loaned me Kaom's. I guess some would call that a sale, but that was a simple agreement.

Beyond that I took a few days off to see what would happen, HvR began to immediately sell kills. At that point I'd be ten times the fool if I didn't sell as well. That time off between first kill and "first sale" was primarily to see what happened, and hope that there might be an agreement to not sell kills.

Needless to say, I never expected that to happen really, I just hoped, and everyone knows the rest.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
"
Morsexier wrote:
"
were you selling Atziri kills?

Absolutely.

Always appreciated your honesty. Thank you.

I find it as distasteful as anyone, probably a lot more so than many since I do not use D2JSP, primarily to respect the wishes of the Devs.

Many, many times a fool I have been feeling though.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Hum...

So the TLDR could be :
- We HC can look from above at all of you SC scrubs cause we master the ALT+F4/ESC exit skill and you don't,
- This guy is skilled cause he went in with an abnormal level and quantity of gear for normal ways of playing in that spawn of time,
- If you don'it respect it you're jealous,
- The challenge was made to reward the 50 more "rich" people, the first 2 showing more skill in also inter-league currency exchange (yeah yeah its allowed but what a challenge isn't it?) and then proceeding to sell the results of the above skills .

It fits the corrupted theme perfectly (and makes for fun reading, ty).

Oh and yeah "Grats".

PS :
@the guy feeling like a fool, dont ; you're showing some integrity.
Last edited by Morehei on Mar 25, 2014, 6:29:39 PM
"
TheLurker wrote:
I think some of us are probably hoping / waiting for GGG to weigh in on this situation...

.....and, most likely, will still be waiting for a long time to come.

-TL

If this was really that big of an issue for people, we could just stop buying mictrotransactions and supporter packs. But that'll never happen.

I probably will never purchase a supporter pack after the invasion fiasco where Chris admitted on reddit to having someone from another game (who doesn't play POE) to scale and balance the invasion mosters. I'm sorry but not testing Judgement Apparatus when he can kill you from a screen away with 82% Lightning resist in less than a second is really bad and just shows nearly no effort in an attempt to balance mobs in higher level maps. At any rate, my future lack of contribution will make little difference.
Last edited by floppyjohnson69 on Mar 25, 2014, 8:40:52 PM
"
"
TheLurker wrote:
I think some of us are probably hoping / waiting for GGG to weigh in on this situation...

.....and, most likely, will still be waiting for a long time to come.

-TL

If this was really that big of an issue for people, we could just stop buying mictrotransactions and supporter packs. But that'll never happen.

I probably will never purchase a supporter pack after the invasion fiasco where Chris admitted on reddit to having someone from another game (who doesn't play POE) to scale and balance the invasion mosters. I'm sorry but not testing Judgement Apparatus when he can kill you from a screen away with 82% Lightning resist in less than a second is really bad and just shows nearly no effort in an attempt to balance mobs in higher level maps. At any rate, my future lack of contribution will make little difference.

link plz
lol, i get it now.

ALT+F4/ESC exit skill => required skill for hard core/invasion players to stay in said leagues...

seems to explain a whole bunch as to why a lot of supporters dont mind the game getting more and more difficult :)

i wonder how long it will take before HC/invasion will be empty, if ALT+F4/ESC exit skill is taken away from the game (i bet GGG wont dare do it anyway, as it will lose precious supporters). or maybe, they should instead include in /whois command the number of times a HC/invasion player used the ALT+F4/ESC exit skill

only those who havent used it are, i believe, truly worthy of any in-game reward

and to get exclusive reward from competition, buying kills is the way to go... turning out to be sort of a pay-to-win kind of game after all!
I don't even play Invasion and I'm mad.

I can't believe how incompetent/out-of-touch the devs @ GGG are. Simple solution to this problem = solo Atziri kills only. If any other player joins the instance, the Atziri kill in that instance does not count towards the contest for any player.

By turning a blind eye towards the occurrence of people being carried to victory, GGG is alienating a large swath of the player base. One more slap in the face to solo players.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
"
rrtson wrote:
I don't even play Invasion and I'm mad.

I can't believe how incompetent/out-of-touch the devs @ GGG are. Simple solution to this problem = solo Atziri kills only. If any other player joins the instance, the Atziri kill in that instance does not count towards the contest for any player.

By turning a blind eye towards the occurrence of people being carried to victory, GGG is alienating a large swath of the player base. One more slap in the face to solo players.

amen to that

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info