First Invasion Atziri kills have occurred!

"
"
Morsexier wrote:
"
I think they should make it where you have to kill her yourself or something. Getting carried by someone who already done it is ridiculous.

That person would just zone in and cull the bosses then or something.

If i truly cared about being first Atziri kill, I'd never have streamed my practices, and I'd have been first.

Out of curiosity, and because I do value your word about it, were you selling Atziri kills? There are accusations of such throughout this thread.

A simple yes or no suffices here.

he died live on stream while selling a kill.
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
GGG can make everyone happy again by selling the Atziri mtx prize for a very affordable 10 GGGold so even casual players can buy them. Everybody happy :)

I'd love to buy that. Perhaps a variant version, with similarity, but distinguishable different minor details. With the justified price, 10 points is merely too low...ヽ(*・ω・)ノ
The Gemling Queen favours 'NotACuckRoach'.

Ethaereal │ Exaltreal │ Cherrubim │ Erremes │ Khainne │ Kaelous │ Balzael
Powered by 2015 Alienware 17" R2 laptop · Standard League · BLÔW Guild · Bird-Day - Aug 7, 2012
人生はただのゲームだ。楽しむために生きろ。勝利をつかむため遊べ。人生に勝ち、そして喜ぶために生きろ。o(^▽^)o ♪
It occurs to me that a simple fix for something like this would've been to "disqualify" instances touched by players who were credited an Atziri kill. By, "disqualify" I mean that nobody gets any credit for using that instance.

So Mors and Havoc touch an Atziri instance and now their cooties are on it.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on Mar 25, 2014, 6:21:09 AM
This Atziri kill "competition" feels like being in beta again. Atleast it showed the problems in public.

GGG needs to:

1) remove the perma curse after the player leaves the instance

2) implement logout timer

Meh.

A challenge I came close to that I never had a chance to win because of lame contest mechanics. Make it first 50 solo atziri kills, then it would have been more interesting.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Next time they make an event like this it needs to be stated that selling kills is not allowed. It really kills the entire point of hosting a competition in the first place if you can just pay for it.

A few people earned this legitimately while others quite literally paid for the kill, while it could or could not be directly associated to RMT. The fact that buying what you cant do is a legit "strategy" is stupid.

Talk about ruining the spirit of competition, losing all meaning behind a prestigious micro-transaction and achievement.

Im very disappointed that GGG allowed this.

In regards to selling kills, rushes, waypoints etc, I would prefer if GGG would put them in the same prohibited category as cross league trading. I don't have any qualms about this if someone is part of a regular group or is tagging along with friends that they otherwise game with anyways.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
-deleted - sorry for the duplicate post.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Mar 25, 2014, 10:25:14 AM
"
Sodomee wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:
Why is this messed up? Unless a player is completely self found, they have absolutely zero right to complain about this. If you traded for gear than you also bought your victories. Please note that any RMT is a different issue entirely. Finding rhe right gear is just as much a challenge if not more so than beating any act bosses.

A self found solo hardcore league would really show who's who. (which isn't to say these Atziri kills aren't a worthy acconplishment for some players).

If you watched the videos on the fight, you will see that even with good gear you can't just completely faceroll the apex.

Also, I don't see how making anything selffound requires more skill. It is completely at the whim of RNG if you play self found. At least if you trade, you can get good deals even if you are RNG screwed on currency or gear. You can play ST and find nothing but godly wands, bows, and caster weapons. Meanwhile, another ST guy can find godly melee weapons for his ST build. This leaves nothing to skill, only to chance.

Also fix the quote please. It looks like I said something i didnt say in the first quote, thanks.

I apologize for the misquote. I was on break at work and was trying to trim out the excess layer of quotes (as I was getting the too many layers of quotes posting error).

Self-found would usually require more skill because the player would be far more likely to have lesser gear than if they traded for their gear. A player might find one or two or even three top notch items, but the odds against self-finding a whole set of top gear are very high.

Lesser gear makes the encounter with Atziri more challenging.

Last edited by DalaiLama on Mar 25, 2014, 10:24:21 AM
"
vilik wrote:
This Atziri kill "competition" feels like being in beta again. Atleast it showed the problems in public.

GGG needs to:

1) remove the perma curse after the player leaves the instance

2) implement logout timer

While i agree with the first part...

there is no way they can implement a logout timer without first fixing desync and other stuff.
So have all RMTs on Invasion claimed their MTX yet? If so there is no reason to artificially restrict access to Atziri anymore and we can finally bzmp fragment droprate to a sane level.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info