First Invasion Atziri kills have occurred!

"
nikoon wrote:
Sodomee: Believe or not there are lot of people who do not care about Atziri at all.. If there is a competion with prizes, they should be well deserved not bought.. GGG failed in that.. At least they should have punished people who cheated like that. But they pretend that nothing happend. Thats my point.

I never said anything to the contrary. There are many, many people who wanted the MTX. Much more so than those who could care less. If you reread my post, you would see that I'm only speaking about the people who wanted the MTX. I specified in the second sentence of my previous post.

Yes, I agree it is wrong that Havoc and others are selling or have already sold the fight multiple times. However, GGG never stated that it was against the rules to sell or buy the Atziri kill. It was all based on whoever got the challenge completed first. So there isn't much they can do now as far as the reward is concerned. They can't punish a player for breaking a rule that never existed in the first place.

The only thing that bothers me is that the people who sold the fight are getting recognition and praise. However, a lot of people in this thread seem to agree that Havoc deserves no honor for ruining the challenge just like many on Ambush did.

"
nikoon wrote:
Whatever going for RoS.. At least Blizzard goes the right direction with ladders, no AH, everything account bound. No buyers, no sellers.. Fair competition.. Have fun, guys.

D3 has no competition.

All it is, is loot explosions and catering to the casuals. Throw them 40-60$(whatever the price is) and you get showered in shiny items!

Yay! Shiny!

/sarcasm
IGN: ThrobbinRobin
Last edited by Sodomee on Mar 24, 2014, 6:22:27 AM
"
nikoon wrote:
That softcore scrub /Havoc/ should be banned and moved to standard where he belongs.. Totally ruining purpose of hardcore playing..

Shame on you GGG, that you are afraid to punish people who are selling and buying Atziri kills.

Hardcore is all about not dying. I got a feeling he got a lvl 100 without dying, and several 90s.
Old april 2012 account got stolen
I played wow for a long long time and go away because i hate to MUST play so much time to be in the highest leage. (As tank we killed lichking as 10 or 12 from server).

I played for one year no game to come back in life :-)

In poe i have the goal to play solo as long as I like and can do all things solo. So i play not so much and my progress is not very good-looking :-)

but in wow you can make so much money with selling accounts with archievments you cant get any more.

I thing the same will come in in poe. so if you buy NOW a atziri kill it will be a verry good investment for the future when rich people will find to poe.

the only fail for ggg is. They will give the money to good trading players not to producers.

But thats the problem from all such legacy contest and microtransaction things.

Blizz has recognized this after a long long war against rmt and account selling players.

ggg is a young ingenous company. they will learn or die.

And havoc is a verry good forcasting player, who makes the best out of his situation.

there i cant see a problem.

And ggg has now no problems with it because there a many alpha and beta players in, and they have many money from them. Its the same (as i see) like the first 5 years of wow.
But then this players leave the game and they must deal with millions of no checking player who are crying all the time (nerf that, change this, i was killed from xy thats not right).
And now ? wow is only a shadow of that game it was.

and i fear. that will happen GGG also. thats sad. I like this game.
Last edited by ichbinwerichbi on Mar 24, 2014, 6:35:39 AM
Who cares, i am happy that i can finally farm Docks now. Yeah i am a noob and i don't give a damn as long as i am having fun. Anyways, I am here to congratulate Mors and Willy as they are the true winers here.

GGG can't really be blamed as they are trying to do something nice and people turn it into something terrible by their behaviour. But that is how it is, and you can't do shit about it except crying on the forum and disrespect people who are guilty. As long as there will be money/currency involved - expect people to be trying to cheat and people who take advantage of that.
"
Freeslana wrote:
"
nikoon wrote:
That softcore scrub /Havoc/ should be banned and moved to standard where he belongs.. Totally ruining purpose of hardcore playing..

Shame on you GGG, that you are afraid to punish people who are selling and buying Atziri kills.

Hardcore is all about not dying. I got a feeling he got a lvl 100 without dying, and several 90s.

His level 100 on Nemesis was only achieved through a Cast on Death bug with Spectres. He ran through 78 maps in 2 minutes using bugged Burning Miscreations that melted everything instantly.

All he did was Quicksilver through maps as everything melted before his eyes...

/Skill

He was level 90 one day and 3 days later he was 100. Meanwhile, it took my brother 1 week of leveling in 76-78 Death maps on Dom to go from 99 to 100. He had 0 deaths from 99 to 100.

I quit at 98(2months into Dom) because I got so bored of playing an Aegis Aurora build. I never died and even Death maps were such a bore. It really takes 0 skill to play a super block build and the DPS is quite boring.

I had 48k fully buffed in a group, but only 11k by myself. Soloing bosses was such a yawnfest that sometimes I would actually doze off. Sometimes I even afked in a death map and came back to mobs beating on my immortal marauder.

Sometimes the best part about the game is dying and getting better at staying alive. Most hardcore builds just stack defenses so they can go full-retard when they play.
IGN: ThrobbinRobin
Last edited by Sodomee on Mar 24, 2014, 6:48:06 AM
deleted

ign: oberarmklaus
Last edited by vorkasse on Sep 3, 2014, 11:24:02 AM
people buying kills is worse than RMT, kills competition, affects others more than someone RMTing
My mirror service threads:
Vaal Regalia, Ambush: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/866352
Phys Claw, Standard: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/802828
"
Thotor wrote:
"
geradon wrote:
what the ... fuss about?
as if paying orbs to get carried ingame were something new?!

you guys put ethics and moral on game aspects which never existed there in the first place.

Paying to progress is not the problem. Paying to get in the first 50 kills is.
If you fail to understand that, there is nothing I can do for you.

i quite understand that there can be a problem for some who can't afford the currency to get carried because they don't trade with others.
but paying others for help with whatsoever is an integral part of the game already, why are atziri kills excluded? i pay orbs on a regular basis to get access to maps i can't afford myself. on the other hand i help players regularly and refuse to get paid, but payment is offered most of the time.

only downside of this is that the microtransaction for killing atziri is getting less respect in the comunity but that was to be expected.
having "sales" on microtransactions also downgrades them.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I'd like to address a few things after reading through most of this.

First of all I don't know why so many people since my kill have said "he died 3 times who cares". I didn't practice shit on standard and if I really wanted a death free kill I would have hopped on my standard char with a full free respec, amazing gear and tried it a bunch first, as you would expect every invasion player to do (and did). Not only that but because I play on Ambush I choose not to alt f4 the bad situations. I watch Invasion players do it all day long where that would technically be a death.

As for saying you can hardly blame people for selling, please. It's about the character of the person, I turned down several offers to have it done for people immediately after. I specifically did not sell kills after doing my own because I saw this as a challenge for the first 50 capable players to achieve. I did not want to cheat a bunch of people that were close, about to learn the fight or planning to. Besides that I just completed what was the top realistic challenge, what do I need 200 exalts for, to jerk to?

I feel bad for many Invasion players now. Some that did it legit will have their MTX feel cheapened because many that simply bought it stand as their equals. Others will miss out on the top 50 because it became full before they got there.

Lastly given this is Invasion, some will have a very large unnatural advantage now. Even if they die they will have made enough currency to rebuild their character 10 times over. The rest of the league's competition is somewhat tainted because of this.

But yea, lolit'sjustanMTXwhocares. It's somewhat more because it was one you could earn and was limited.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
geradon wrote:
i pay orbs on a regular basis to get access to maps i can't afford myself.

something about that sentence just doesn't seem right to me, but i just can't seem to put my finger on it....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info