First Invasion Atziri kills have occurred!

90% of winners:

"First 50 players to kill Atziri"

*Never even sees the boss*

"Congratulations you have killed Atziri"

This game man, this game.....
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
Gobla wrote:
"
Sodomee wrote:
It isn't really GGG's fault. They could have made it a solo achievement, but that would have been even worse.

Sure the fight would have been impossible to sell, but then no one would want to play support builds. Why would you pick up aura nodes or build for group play if your main focus is to do a solo achievement? Doing the challenge this way would have split people up and caused community problems.

I mean it can get down right nasty... If someone on the ladder is trying to buy upgrades in order to kill Atziri, why would you want to help that player get the kill before you? Why would you want to stream the fight or give away info on the fight? Most people would rather hinder others instead of helping them if they are competing. It is sad to say, but that is just how people are.

I must admit, I'm confused.

You're saying that the problem of a solo competition would be the fact that people would get competitive? That they'd want to compete against each other?

Isn't that the whole point of a competition? To compete against each other. To not help those you're competing with but instead try to beat them?

As for the competition itself, I don't really see the point of the complaints. It should've been obvious well in advance at what crowd this competition was aimed.

You are missing the point.

There is going to be competition regardless of the challenge. This is why we have the ladder. I'm getting at the fact that it would ruin the teamwork aspect of this game. It is online only for a good reason.

This game is meant to be multiplayer. It is meant to revolve around the community and trading. Making a challenge based around solo play completely goes against what the game is about. Solo play in this game is an option; not a requirement. GGG wants the community to work together; not against each other.

Do you think that people cannot work together in a competition? That the only way to compete is to make it solo? My point is that making it a solo competition would hinder group play. People who once wanted to band together to climb the ladder must now make a decision. Do we want to work together and have fun leveling up, or do we compete against our friends for the challenge?
IGN: ThrobbinRobin
"

Total agree. but its not the problem of chris or havoc. I cant see why selling of kills should be forbidden. And how will you prove it?

The idiocy is to make such a challange like the first 50 player receive ....

IF you make such a challange then perhaps the first or the first 3 players.

But ggg loves streamers and selling people. the first give much popularity and selling peoples gives people with money but without skill and time a good chance and ggg much money from such people to pose with all microtransactions they can buy.
so its for ggg and the streamer or first kill players a win win situation.

I agree that Chris is not at fault, but I cannot say the same about Havoc.

Selling kills IS okay. Selling a spot in the Top 50 Kill Challenge is what IS NOT okay. It makes the challenge worthless. No one can feel proud about their achievement because over half of the people who got the kill bought it. The MTX feels more like a limited edition MTX than a trophy.

The only thing special about the MTX is that only 100 people will have it. Other than that, it looks pretty badass. I can't wait to see what it looks like when it is finished because as it stands my witch looks hideous atm lol.
Last edited by Sodomee on Mar 24, 2014, 5:25:35 AM
"
OuweDorper wrote:
Its so sad that people here are crying about players buying their kills and blaiming GGG for it.
GGG made an awesome challnge!
You should blame those kill buyers, not GGG.

It just amazes me how worked up people get about it.

GGG please dont listen to these whiners, you did nothing wrong.

You guys compare it with buying a gold medal from an olympian?
Well are you gonna blame the people organizing the olympics for that?

No but if the organizing people from the olympics see it, they will take the gold medal back. Like doping. You can do it but if you will catched then you will never start again.

GGG makes nothing. But thats not the problem of ggg its only a game. I will never have a chance to kill aziri within the first 50 poeple. So its no problem for me.

but i can understand people who have a chance and get knock out from buyers of kills.

so its like overall in life :-) rich people get richer and poor people loose.

And overall the rmt sites make a good deal.
Last edited by ichbinwerichbi on Mar 24, 2014, 5:27:30 AM
"
OuweDorper wrote:
Whats awesome about people buying achievements and being rewarded further for it?
"
OuweDorper wrote:
They are rewarding people who didn't earn the reward. GGG is in the wrong. It's 100% their fault.
"
OuweDorper wrote:
If the people organizing the Olympics recognized people who buy medals as olympians, the backlash would be insane, and the Olympics would just die.

GGG had to of known people would just buy the achievement. They went ahead with it anyways, guaranteeing that the entire competition becomes a joke. Its 100% on them.
"
Magnicon wrote:
"
OuweDorper wrote:
Whats awesome about people buying achievements and being rewarded further for it?
"
OuweDorper wrote:
They are rewarding people who didn't earn the reward. GGG is in the wrong. It's 100% their fault.
"
OuweDorper wrote:
If the people organizing the Olympics recognized people who buy medals as olympians, the backlash would be insane, and the Olympics would just die.

GGG had to of known people would just buy the achievement. They went ahead with it anyways, guaranteeing that the entire competition becomes a joke. Its 100% on them.

There isn't really much that GGG can do about it. Honestly, I blame the very first people who started selling the fight. They are the ones that caused all of this. You would think that the first players who managed to kill Atziri would want the MTX to mean something, but clearly all they cared about was loading their stash with exalts.
"
Sodomee wrote:
There isn't really much that GGG can do about it. Honestly, I blame the very first people who started selling the fight. They are the ones that caused all of this. You would think that the first players who managed to kill Atziri would want the MTX to mean something, but clearly all they cared about was loading their stash with exalts.
They could just not do it. Or they could come up with a completely different competition. You can't blame the players for doing exactly what players have always done. GGG is the one that made the choice to reward those people. They could have avoided doing so.
"
"
OuweDorper wrote:

No but if the organizing people from the olympics see it, they will take the gold medal back. Like doping. You can do it but if you will catched then you will never start again.

man as sad as it is there have been quite a few cases of Olympians selling their medals off most for charity and what not. no fuss or anything over it but at least it was for a good cause and not just to make the rich richer....

http://mentalfloss.com/article/31390/4-olympians-who-sold-their-gold-medals-and-one-who-tried
"
Magnicon wrote:
"
Sodomee wrote:
They could just not do it. Or they could come up with a completely different competition. You can't blame the players for doing exactly what players have always done. GGG is the one that made the choice to reward those people. They could have avoided doing so.

Exactly, GGG could make this fight solo only.. That would be legit.. Instead of that, they congratulate people who are selling and buying achievement. And they do it on main page, pretending that nothing happend.. Really funny.
"
Magnicon wrote:
"
OuweDorper wrote:
"
OuweDorper wrote:
"
OuweDorper wrote:

you don't even have the right to QQ as you dont have the balls to fight Atziri.. i even doubt you play invasion... the things is theres nothing wrong playing with friend or even paying them for the risk? you get it.. the problem is when they sell spots for the first 50.

so its mainly not the fault of the devs.. its the fault of people! dont blame GGG blame the people ruining it...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info