Please fix the beta invite timer.

What they should do is have the timer randomly generate names and then see if anybody on the forum has the name that was generated and those people win a key. One person a day for 10 years.
"
Skiffer wrote:
What they should do is have the timer randomly generate names and then see if anybody on the forum has the name that was generated and those people win a key. One person a day for 10 years.
YOU'RE A MAD MAN! :P
Clearly the dev's want the beta to be available to a wide range of people, and have no effective way of measuring viability. It also seems at this point they prefer quantity over quality, which is generally how beta's go when they begin to approach open beta. It is unfortunate that loyal fan's don't get priority, but that's life. It's also unfortunate they announce who won they key so people with nothing better to do can look at the account history for every key winner.

In a related note tying forum activity to key chance is a awful idea. Forums already have problems with people posting just to up their post count. If people need to post to get a key EVERY thread of EVERY board will be filled with people tying the minimum nonsense to not get banned.
Whats highly annoying is that the beta timer is handing out keys to ppl who are already in the beta :/

and ive even seen a few timer handouts to ppl who hvnt even logged in since 2010 :/

so frustrating.
"
GodofWar wrote:
Whats highly annoying is that the beta timer is handing out keys to ppl who are already in the beta :/

and ive even seen a few timer handouts to ppl who hvnt even logged in since 2010 :/

so frustrating.

The last guy who got a key was last online dec, 2010 i can see why people get annoyed.

Hell rather then the random system the devs should just have a thread to give a key to everyone active on the forums in set intervals, that way it doesnt hurt so much when an inactive person gets the invite over someone who is always on the forums watching and waiting.
It's just silly, to be honest :<
People who are already IN the beta shouldn't be getting keys.. And people who haven't logged in or posted in more than SIX MONTHS shouldn't be eligible either!
Not all the 'lurkers' are really away, but many are.
I just wish there was a way for the devs to avoid these levels of frustration.
Maybe up the timer but make it give out two names at once, or drop the timer to 15 minutes (four times an hour) :)

It's really frustrating to see beta access go to people who've not seen fit to even post in the forum, in stead of the hundreds that do.

Would be interesting to know how many keys haven't been activated after 96 hours of them being sent..
Derpy!
I think the timer is not 100% the best beta key giver couse it gives beta keys to people who just made the account and havent been online since they joined or they made like 10 different accounts to get it faster.

They should make the time to give keys to those who are active and those who post stuff on forum and such things.

That would be much much much better and smarter.

I have clicked on most of the names on the timer and what I am saying that its only inactive players who gets it is true ouse only 1 of 1000 is an active player that I see on the timer...
[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/awqbkj.jpg[/IMG]
"
Broadside wrote:
BETA INVITE TIMER NEEDS TO BE REPROGRAMMED!

But if they reprogram it to pick people more intelligently it will turn into SKYNET.

You sir have killed us all.
"
Broadside wrote:
Title says it all.

The beta invite timer sucks it shouldn't even be rewarding lazy people who just makes an account and was last active on the same day with ZERO post.

I agree, give betakey only for active players.
"
oblomir wrote:
"
Broadside wrote:
BETA INVITE TIMER NEEDS TO BE REPROGRAMMED!

But if they reprogram it to pick people more intelligently it will turn into SKYNET.

You sir have killed us all.
Skynet will revert to it's original programming and randomly send beta keys to people in the past and if they don't accept they will be hunted down and TERMINATED.
Last edited by Broadside on Sep 19, 2011, 9:00:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info