Please fix the beta invite timer.

I have to defend myself on every damn page that isn't even related to the topic at hand.
"
Broadside wrote:
"
pinimo wrote:
no matter how much you post on forums your not entitled any more than someone who isnt to a key, its random. live with it.

the fact that your getting so upset about the situation only proves that your only wanting a key to be able to play, and not to be activly trying to find bugs.

there's no reason to change the invite system whatsoever, random is what it is, and random is what it should be.
From your post history you want one too. An yes you have been waiting longer then me, but what if that beta invite timer was better implemented to support people who are active on the forums you would of bent invited by now. This would also invite players that are more likely to find bugs, make suggestions, and post about them. Personally I do want to play the game, but if I find bugs I will post about them. So cut the crap about me just wanting a beta key JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE EVEN YOU.

ofc i want a key, but im not raging about not having one. and i find nothing wrong with the current system, if i had no interest at all in POE then why would i go here at all? i have been a beta tester for other games in the past and i have been activly trying to find bugs & break features in order to have them fixed, all ive seen you do however is nag about the invite system.

your point about me also wanting a key is rather generic tho, everyone on the forum that hasnt got one already wants one, some simply know how to behave and not rage out because they havnt gotten a key in 8 days. major diff.

EDIT:
you want a key to play, im merely seeing the playing experience as a bonus of helping them fix the client, and the fact still remains that i dont really care about who gets a key since i know i will get one in the end, and besides that there's nothing to say that someone being active on the forums would be a better tester, most ppl crying about the system are those that wanna have access to mainly PLAY it, not activly look for bugs thereby helping GGG get a stable client and server for once OB hits. PLEASE dont try comparing us as we are nothing alike, your 8 day wait and response to it is proof enough.
Last edited by pinimo on Sep 20, 2011, 12:59:10 AM
I am dumb founded what point are any of you who are attacking me trying to make? What is it? I really want to know. Enlighten me.
this thread is now stupid and pointless
"
beamohawk wrote:
this thread is now stupid and pointless

It was stupid and pointless to begin with.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof."

-Christopher Hitchens

It was fine to begin with then a few people got all up tight like I shouldn't deserve a beta key because I was whining about it then the next person decided that I wasn't worthy because he thinks that I will not actively search for bugs every waking moment that I'm playing the game. This thread started about me wanting the beta timer to be fixed because a majority of the accounts that were same day activated / same day last inactive were getting invited and active forum users where not. Personally I believe these account are just multiples and shouldn't get a key. So I came here to suggest my ideas to solve this problem then a few people decided to run my thread right off topic because they thought I was whining. Also words can me interpreted many ways while reading. I hope this clears things up.
"
Broadside wrote:
It was fine to begin with then a few people got all up tight like I shouldn't deserve a beta key because I was whining about it then the next person decided that I wasn't worthy because he thinks that I will not actively search for bugs every waking moment that I'm playing the game. This thread started about me wanting the beta timer to be fixed because a majority of the accounts that were same day activated / same day last inactive were getting invited and active forum users where not. Personally I believe these account are just multiples and shouldn't get a key. So I came here to suggest my ideas to solve this problem then a few people decided to run my thread right off topic because they thought I was whining. Also words can me interpreted many ways while reading. I hope this clears things up.

Totally agree with you.
I really don't get this whole "Post on forums for higher chance to get into beta" thing. What am I supposed to write about? How good the game is? I don't know that, but it sure looks good. Except that's been said over 9000 times already. I obviously can't find any bugs or what-not. Maybe I should play stupid forum games?

P.S.: +1 no-content post for me. Look at me, I'm active on the forums.
Broadside, I know the beta-timer can be frustrating at times and it's kinda like this impending doom that lurks over all of us still clamoring to get in. I used to get frustrated with it as well, but in GGG's defense it is serving it's purpose.
Just think of all those opportunities for friend invites that you can get on as more invites go out. I know it's hard to stay positive but hang in there and your day will come soon.
As to some posters arguments that nothing meaningful can be written on this board I respectfully disagree. I think a lot of good dialogue can be had going over the little nuances of this great game. This is a massive undertaking by GGG to make this game as perfect as they can, and with future releases of content I'm sure they we seek input from the community.

Oh and Broadside I was by no means trying to flame you. I understand your frustration man.
On the topic of "fixing" the timer, any of a few dozen threads could have been bumped to say the same thing. In this section of the forum, creating a new thread on that subject makes you a target, whether you deserve it or not.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info