Haha, Changed the Title.

"
Redblade wrote:
"
Telzen wrote:
I don't think the fight was meant to be farmed over and over, just something to do every once and a while. Midnight should probably have its drop chance increased. But even if it did drop more would it stop people from using this method now that they know about it?

You do realize that the challenges includes getting 4 items from uber Atziri right?

In order to do so you need to farm corrupted areas that has a 1 in 10 ish spawn rate to get the fragments. A full set will take you around 75 corrupted areas on average. After that you need to run normal Atziri in order to get mortal fragments that has about 33% drop rate with one of them being more rare than the other.

To get the 4 items required you will at the very least need to get a hold of 10 full sets of mortal fragments as unless your extremely lucky. Now if we go back and have a look at what's required we quickly see that at a bare minimum you need to do 225 * 4 corrupted areas per mortal set, not accounting for the difference in drop rates, which gives 900 * 10 for the 10 sets you need to run around 9000 zones.

In short it's meant to be farmed...a lot.

Now, now. Don't forget you will also need each sacrifice piece as well as each mortal piece in your possession as well.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
reboticon wrote:
Now, now. Don't forget you will also need each sacrifice piece as well as each mortal piece in your possession as well.

Yeah, overall I'm low balling the example. In reality I'm quite sure you could double the numbers if you fail a few mortal sets and get unlucky with the drops when it comes to the items.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on Apr 19, 2014, 9:19:47 PM
Ok guys, sry if was already asked in the tread but here goes:

Are there any benefits to drop rate of Midnights in areas that have higher level - i.e. lvl 69 zone dropping more midnights on average than lvl 61 one?
Or the best thing you can do is running City Of Sarn for all eternity? Are there any comments from GGG on this?
"
holocaustus wrote:
"
cyranorick wrote:

I absolutely disagree.
But that´s just be (sic), being kind of a first-generation PC gamer.

What games did you grow up on, grandpa?

I'm old, and I hate wasting time because I don't have as much of it spare as I used to.

Besides, if these were ye olde days, you'd be required to disk-swap when a corrupted area spawned in your map so you'd know immediately it's there.

Well, when I started.. there weren´t even Discs... used cassettes back then...
VC 20, C-16, Schneider 64 .. a few years later Amiga... and then, at some point a +286.
Lol, I had to giggle when I imagined hordes of people swapping disks while hunting for CA´s XD
"Ta-Ta, not-a-cockroach"
the best defense in the game vrs atziri is cloak of defiance. there is no other item in the game that can mitigate damage like that and give a free 80-100 free 40% mitigation stat. Cloak of Defiance and Rise of the Phoenix. these will be defacto for killing atziri.
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
"
cyranorick wrote:
I absolutely disagree.
But that´s just me, being kind of a first-generation PC gamer.
I did not grow up with that "I want it now!"-attitude in games.
Some things, at leat in my opinion, should require time and effort to achieve them.
That especially is the case for items. If everybody gets everything in a game quite immediately.. it would be more than boring.

I found three midnights yesterday... took my all day though.. but to be honest... if it would have been more... it even would have been too many for me.

Just my thoughts as an older guy...
Feel free to disagree. I'm also a first generation gamer. Heck I'm a pre-first generation PC gamer, I was programming basic to make games on a TRS-80 when I was 6ish. I know all about earning accomplishments.

That said, there's a difference between earning a midnight and spamming an instance until you have a chance to get a corrupt area that has a chance to drop a fragment that has a chance to be the one fragment that you actually need. That's not earning, that's gating behind RNG. Maps have the same problem, though to a lesser extent. But that's a completely different conversation (actually make hard maps drop better maps, and suddenly you can earn your way to end game!).
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Apr 20, 2014, 8:04:45 AM
"
TehHammer wrote:
Maps have the same problem, though to a lesser extent. But that's a completely different conversation (actually make hard maps drop better maps, and suddenly you can earn your way to end game!).

Always said level of map drops should be tied directly to quantity of it. White map behave as it is now and 100+ impossible or close to impossible to drop lower level than it self.

Motivates players to roll and run harder maps while rewarding them for it.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on Apr 20, 2014, 9:12:43 AM
"
TehHammer wrote:
"
cyranorick wrote:
I absolutely disagree.
But that´s just me, being kind of a first-generation PC gamer.
I did not grow up with that "I want it now!"-attitude in games.
Some things, at leat in my opinion, should require time and effort to achieve them.
That especially is the case for items. If everybody gets everything in a game quite immediately.. it would be more than boring.

I found three midnights yesterday... took my all day though.. but to be honest... if it would have been more... it even would have been too many for me.

Just my thoughts as an older guy...
Feel free to disagree. I'm also a first generation gamer. Heck I'm a pre-first generation PC gamer, I was programming basic to make games on a TRS-80 when I was 6ish. I know all about earning accomplishments.

That said, there's a difference between earning a midnight and spamming an instance until you have a chance to get a corrupt area that has a chance to drop a fragment that has a chance to be the one fragment that you actually need. That's not earning, that's gating behind RNG. Maps have the same problem, though to a lesser extent. But that's a completely different conversation (actually make hard maps drop better maps, and suddenly you can earn your way to end game!).

Completely agreed.
It is already challenging to clear say Neglected Cellar(Rima is a very bad girl...) and still it's more challenging to get the drop needed out of it.
It takes me under 10 minutes to clear all guardians + Atziri herself, and at the same time it takes me at least 1 hour of farming to get 1 midnight(and i consider myself to be very lucky and very good at finding corruption).
Out of 22 times i killed Atziri i've only seen 4 drops that differ from that god damn flask, also yet to see a Mortal Hope drop.
That is very depressing and time consuming. That's not even difficulty, it's just mindless grinding to a point of turning yourself into semi-bot.

Situation with the maps is just outright stupid.
You can run 100%+ iiq lvl 78 map and get only 67-71 maps or no map drops at all from it. So you resided to hope for that Cartographer box that may or may not appear. How do people even get maps on Invasion ?
"
Zelloswar wrote:

Completely agreed.
It is already challenging to clear say Neglected Cellar(Rima is a very bad girl...) and still it's more challenging to get the drop needed out of it.
It takes me under 10 minutes to clear all guardians + Atziri herself, and at the same time it takes me at least 1 hour of farming to get 1 midnight(and i consider myself to be very lucky and very good at finding corruption).
Out of 22 times i killed Atziri i've only seen 4 drops that differ from that god damn flask, also yet to see a Mortal Hope drop.
That is very depressing and time consuming. That's not even difficulty, it's just mindless grinding to a point of turning yourself into semi-bot.

Situation with the maps is just outright stupid.
You can run 100%+ iiq lvl 78 map and get only 67-71 maps or no map drops at all from it.
So you resided to hope for that Cartographer box that may or may not appear. How do people even get maps on Invasion ?

That ^

I chisel all my maps to 20%, alch/chaos to good %, and then vaal at the end. Nearly all of the maps I run are 100%+, never lower than 85%, and sometimes even as high as ~150%. Some of those insanely high % maps (tough mods) either drop no maps or junk maps (lvl67-69). I had a nice little lvl75-78 map pool (about 30 or so), and now I'm left with nothing but lvl74 and lower maps.

The RNG-gated content is fucking ridiculous in PoE. GGG should take a hint from games like Dark Souls, where you're actually scared to progress forward. Harder content is always accessible. The only limiting factor is your bravery -- not RNG.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on Apr 20, 2014, 7:02:03 PM
So, I've been advertising the load-screen trick on the Noticeboard today, and this one guy keeps messaging me and blaming me for ruining the "Midnight market". He claims farming Midnights was the only way players could become rich, and now that the trick is out, he can't sell Midnight fragments for ridiculous prices anymore. Here's a screenshot:

Pretty hilarious IMO.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info