Haha, Changed the Title.

i'm going to outline again how this is done in step-by-step just to let everybody know how simple it is.

1) load the target area a few times by going back and forth between sarn->target. most people use docks or city of sarn. the goal is to stabalize the load time.

2) prepare some kind of stopwatch, timer, or metronome to measure duration. the goal is to measure the load time of the area.

3) load the area, measure load time. do this a bunch of times and look at the spread. you will see a tight cluster that loads pretty "fast" and a few that load "slow" (50% - 100% slower than a normal load).

the slow loads almost always have a corrupted area.

4) go back and forth, and hunt the slow load times. congrats, you are winning at midnight farming.
"
Veruski wrote:
i'm going to outline again how this is done in step-by-step just to let everybody know how simple it is.

1) load the target area a few times by going back and forth between sarn->target. most people use docks or city of sarn. the goal is to stabalize the load time.

2) prepare some kind of stopwatch, timer, or metronome to measure duration. the goal is to measure the load time of the area.

3) load the area, measure load time. do this a bunch of times and look at the spread. you will see a tight cluster that loads pretty "fast" and a few that load "slow" (50% - 100% slower than a normal load).

the slow loads almost always have a corrupted area.

4) go back and forth, and hunt the slow load times. congrats, you are winning at midnight farming.

I'm amazed at what people will do to farm an item in a game. I just hope people doing this aren't lagging the server for the rest of us.
They most certainly are.
"
Telzen wrote:
I'm amazed at what people will do to farm an item in a game. I just hope people doing this aren't lagging the server for the rest of us.

If we are you should direct your disappointment towards GGG for gating normal Atziri in the first place...
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
They most certainly are.

i think an important thing to take away from this:

the amount of instances that need to be created for a midnight to exist is staggering. i do not like this system.

it is perhaps 1 in 10 instances that have a corrupted area, maybe 1 in 20 it feels at times.

amongst those, i put it generously at 1/75 that atziri drops a midnight.

so basically if you want a midnight fragment, and to farm one, you are going to end up making on the order of 750+ instances, one way or another. whether it is fast or it is slow.

because that is how it is designed.

it is not a great system. not GGG's best work.

you are basically telling the players: find a way to create instances as quickly as possible and rule out ones that might not have a positive result, as quickly as possible.

it is reminiscent of the Monty Hall Problem

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Hall_problem

to be efficient and have a high chance of WINNING, you are going to want to open lots of new doors (make new instances) rather than stick around in an existing one.

it is GGG's design that is incentivizing the players to behave in this way.
Last edited by Veruski on Apr 19, 2014, 7:07:40 PM
"
Redblade wrote:
"
Telzen wrote:

If we are you should direct your disappointment towards GGG for gating normal Atziri in the first place...
I don't think the fight was meant to be farmed over and over, just something to do every once and a while. Midnight should probably have its drop chance increased. But even if it did drop more would it stop people from using this method now that they know about it?
"
Telzen wrote:
I don't think the fight was meant to be farmed over and over, just something to do every once and a while. Midnight should probably have its drop chance increased. But even if it did drop more would it stop people from using this method now that they know about it?

Of course, they put some of the very best items behind it. Everyone will try to do it as much as possible, wanted or not. I want the Vertex. Best helm for my build, only one way to get it...
"
Telzen wrote:

You do realize that the challenges includes getting 4 items from uber Atziri right?

In order to do so you need to farm corrupted areas that has a 1 in 10 ish spawn rate to get the fragments. A full set will take you around 75 corrupted areas on average. After that you need to run normal Atziri in order to get mortal fragments that has about 33% drop rate with one of them being more rare than the other.

To get the 4 items required you will at the very least need to get a hold of 10 full sets of mortal fragments as unless your extremely lucky. Now if we go back and have a look at what's required we quickly see that at a bare minimum you need to do 225 * 4 corrupted areas per mortal set, not accounting for the difference in drop rates, which gives 900 * 10 for the 10 sets you need to run around 9000 zones.

In short it's meant to be farmed...a lot.

Last edited by Redblade on Apr 19, 2014, 8:30:50 PM
double

Last edited by Redblade on Apr 19, 2014, 8:30:32 PM
"
Redblade wrote:
you need to run around 9000 zones.

farming levels over 9000

S L O W E R