[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

"
SunnyRay wrote:
"
bofadeez7777 wrote:
Is this guild/build able to be used to start a lvl 1 Scion?

Sure, you can start a lvl 1 Scion, but you'll have to level her to 50+ somehow before you can effectively use CoC setup. There is no actual leveling guide here. Be sure to get CoC and spell gems at level 31 and level them on swap if you are not going to buy leveled ones. At 55 buy a cheap 5L and start kicking arses.

Despite the guide advising me not to, i did start using CoC at 31 in a Tabula Rasa. Whilst not optimal, its proc rate is ok-ish and makes leveling a lot more fun, it did for me atleast.

Anyways, nice build and nice guide, many thanks.
Is chance to dodge/block spells dependent on your resists in any way?

I feel like with capped fire and very bad lightning/cold resist that I dodge every fireball that comes my way with a 99% success rate and every arc or frost nova goes directly through all my evasion and one-shots me.

I'm having a really easy time with maps outside of a few mobs (Freeze Pulsers and Dischargers) and some bosses (Merveil). One thing I noticed, though, is that I have EE with Ungil's for lightning damage but at the same time I have a fire damage ring. Is that screwing things up?

Also, here is my current build: should I be putting more points into health or the couple crit nodes available still?

Thanks!

Gear, for reference:

I made today 2 Videos for Demonstrating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XESZdpxoLOQ&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEWj-QzWpaQ&feature=youtu.be
Would point blank node be any good with this build?:"
"
Valentia wrote:
Is chance to dodge/block spells dependent on your resists in any way?

No.

"
Valentia wrote:
I feel like with capped fire and very bad lightning/cold resist that I dodge every fireball that comes my way with a 99% success rate and every arc or frost nova goes directly through all my evasion and one-shots me.

Either you don't see small hits through capped fire res or avoid fireballs physically stepping away. You don't dodge 99% fireballs.

"
Valentia wrote:
One thing I noticed, though, is that I have EE with Ungil's for lightning damage but at the same time I have a fire damage ring. Is that screwing things up?

It does. Some fireballs deal much less damage that they would without fire ring. Can't say how often this happens. Btw, I believe swapping fireball and arctic breath gems can affect a chance of this: when both spells trigger, you want arctics to fire 0.0001 sec before fireballs.
By "fire damage ring" I assume "adds x-y fire damage"; "x% increased fire damage" is ok.

"
Papito wrote:
Would point blank node be any good with this build?:"

No. It affects attacks while our main damage comes from spells.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Sep 3, 2014, 3:32:16 AM
Hey,
my hit chance is 78% at level 80. Should i go for some accuracy nodes?
I can go for that Acuity cluster: 3 passive points for 9% attackspeed, 20dex and 36% accuracy.
"
Stormnight wrote:
Hey,
I can go for that Acuity cluster: 3 passive points for 9% attackspeed, 20dex and 36% accuracy.

You can go for Acuity cluster, or you can go for Depth Perception cluster, three nodes for 32% accuracy, 40 crit chance and 20 dex. I generally favor crit chance over attack speed as it increses the damage without increasing mana cost.
But it's up to you really.
I already took depth perception. Its just too good to pass.

I am unsure what % hit chance i should aim for.
"
Stormnight wrote:
Hey,

78% is low, I aim for 85+, don't care if 90+. 78% means you got less than 1000 total accuracy, and even lower base accuracy. I suggest getting some flat accuracy on gear.

Edit: A simple example.
Let's say you have 80% chance to hit and 50% crit chance.
Improving chance to hit to 88% has the exact same impact on crits as improving crit chance to 60.5%.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Sep 3, 2014, 10:07:15 AM
Very nice guide and build tnx for sharing.
One simple question: is critical strike multiplier that important? Does that affect the damage done by spells or just the ST?

I got past the mana an life problem with a thief s torment. A real 6l chest would be nice now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info