[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

"
Raikudou wrote:
ST + CoC + GMP + Fireball + Arctic Breath + Ball Lightning = PC dead xD

I had a LvL 76 Char on Standard and totally forgot about him, played this build again (added Ball lightning) was awesome tho :P looks so nice

I play a 82 shadow now and I also tried Fireball + Arctic + Ball Lightning. While I agree with you ball looks amazing on the screen it rolls out to slowly compared to Arctic and Fireball to get any damage in. At least that is how it appears to me. I decided to go with Arc instead of Ball and haven't looked back. 99% of the time everything that is dead on the screen is in shocked form.

Also this exact build seemed to have added around 500hp to me without doing anything no gear upgrades just respect. That was great for my survivability. I only ever die now to reflect mobs.

Arc or Concentrated effect? I still can't tell which is better. I have simply stuck to Arc for now just because seeing everything shocked looks great :D I would change back to CE tho if someone can prove its dps is more than adding Arc.

Lastly no EE is a relief as no more worrying about people in parties crying.
"
mayainverse wrote:
get 2 rings with -8 mana cost of spells and st will be free

You opened my eyes, I thought it's -8%. That things are cool. Take one and forget about mana regen nodes and gear.

"
mayainverse wrote:
isnt that only assuming that each fire ball and arctic breath alternate exactly back and forth? how do we know the game doesnt first process all of the fireball hits then all of the arctic breath hits after that?

Personal experience and the looks of it. Fireballs and arctics fire almost simultaneously when ST hits. Next fireballs and arctics fire when ST hits again, which happens 0.3 sec or so later. No way second wave hits before first assuming we are not talking about shotgunning.

Reflect - you'll have to be careful not going all-out dps against reflect pack. It's not instadeath, there are 1-3 seconds to react, especially if you use cwtd-frost wall.

"
Raikudou wrote:
Edit: I started this build in the new League and im VERY unsure if i should continue with my Shadow or better start a Scion. I really dont know whats better after 1.2.0. It was Shadow for me before but now im very unsure, please help.

I think they are still very close. I started a new Ranger. Without EE.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Aug 29, 2014, 5:04:08 AM
"
Raikudou wrote:
ST + CoC + GMP + Fireball + Arctic Breath + Ball Lightning = PC dead xD

I had a LvL 76 Char on Standard and totally forgot about him, played this build again (added Ball lightning) was awesome tho :P looks so nice

Edit: I started this build in the new League and im VERY unsure if i should continue with my Shadow or better start a Scion. I really dont know whats better after 1.2.0. It was Shadow for me before but now im very unsure, please help.

No difference between the two. They pick up the same passives. Functionality is the same. Only difference is quest reward gems.
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 29, 2014, 10:53:45 AM
Is it a bad idea to trade the spell damage for attack speed at Scion start?
I'm level 81 in Rampage League, with this build, and i'm faring well. I feel a little squishy at the moment, but i think the issue is low life in my equip.
This is my current build. This is my equip:
Equip

There's only one think i can't seem to figure out by myself: concentrated effects or increased critical strikes (or PCoC in parties with no assassin's mark), which is better?
I tried both gems and the build seems to perform equally well, i can hardly notice any difference in killspeed.

My Current Gear in standart.

Will add some Videos in some days.
I have since a while finished this build gear wise.

Are there any suggestions on gear upgrades from OP's final set ?

I am running a scion with EE, is EE really worth it, or would running all cold spells with herald of ice, or other combos be worth it ? primarily i run AB+FB+Arc / AB+FB+CE.

and last but not least; Im running Lazhwar with Rainbowstride, the spellblock is for sure nice, but would dropping that spellblock for more crit / crit multi (or resistances and dropping purity and run another aura) be better ?

I do realise these questions are all over the place, they are just the ones that have been in the back of my mind, and hopefully these have already been answered or somebody has thought about these, thanks.
"
Yanoflies wrote:
Is it a bad idea to trade the spell damage for attack speed at Scion start?

Not bad, suboptimal. 5% dps loss if you don't have spell damage on gear.

"
Martox29A wrote:
There's only one think i can't seem to figure out by myself: concentrated effects or increased critical strikes (or PCoC in parties with no assassin's mark), which is better?
I tried both gems and the build seems to perform equally well, i can hardly notice any difference in killspeed.

You can't notice any difference, so there is no difference for you :)
I'm pretty sure conc effect > inc crits dps-wise, and my dps calculator supports that. I'm more in doubt with Arc and other damage spells.
Is this guild/build able to be used to start a lvl 1 Scion?
"
bofadeez7777 wrote:
Is this guild/build able to be used to start a lvl 1 Scion?

Sure, you can start a lvl 1 Scion, but you'll have to level her to 50+ somehow before you can effectively use CoC setup. There is no actual leveling guide here. Be sure to get CoC and spell gems at level 31 and level them on swap if you are not going to buy leveled ones. At 55 buy a cheap 5L and start kicking arses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info