[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

Lol that belt. 3x rolls with +40% res and a nice 100 life mod as well. And you call that budget gear.

"
kompaniet wrote:
Lol that belt. 3x rolls with +40% res and a nice 100 life mod as well. And you call that budget gear.

The belt sucks. It has no life roll :/ Res is res, who cares? Just get more on rings = same budget.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
kompaniet wrote:

There is no life on the belt other than the implicit.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
I must have read too fast. I mistook the 69 armour for 69 life somehow.
Still a nice belt with 40 fire, lightning, cold res.

I use a ring just like that for this very purpose.

How else are you gonna get the 135 res needed for max res?

I am also just too fond of rainbowstride+lashwar combo. I feel so resilent with this combo.
Taking so little damage. I tried without them and took much more damage from spells.

My only gripe is that i only have 2800+ life at lvl 77. So far it's not been a problem though with the odd death to reflect once in a while.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 23, 2014, 6:17:33 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
I must have read too fast. I mistook the 69 armour for 69 life somehow.
Still a nice belt with 40 fire, lightning, cold res.

I use a ring just like that for this very purpose.

How else are you gonna get the 135 res needed for max res?

I am also just too fond of rainbowstride+lashwar combo. I feel so resilent with this combo.
Taking so little damage. I tried without them and took much more damage from spells.

My only gripe is that i only have 2800+ life at lvl 77. So far it's not been a problem though with the odd death to reflect once in a while.

Yeah I think I will probably keep using the belt as picking one up with those res and also a big life roll won't fall into the "budget" category that I'm trying to do the kill on. I'd like to use a Stone of Lazhwar but I'm not sure if I can get enough res on my bad ring slot that needs replacing to still stay capped out.

Budget is something like... a couple ex I guess? Rat's Nest and Maligaro's can both be picked up for 15c atm in Ambush, and Atziri's step is like 2c, Ungil's 1c. Tabula makes up a majority of your cost.

+gems ofc but again, I'm using imperfect ones that anybody could level on their own easily. Gonna try again later, still doing uber runs atm.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
I will be interested in hearing how you fare with atziri with this build.

Is there a big difference in power between lvl 17 gems and lvl 20 gems with or without quality for spectral throw link?
LMP vs GMP

While attacks are known to never shotgun, ST is more complicated:
"
Multiple Projectiles: Lesser Multiple Projectiles and Greater Multiple Projectiles are effective on Spectral Throw, and enemies can be hit by more than one projectile in the same salvo. However, the 0.3s cooldown on hits is applied per attack, not per projectile, which means that it is not possible to "shotgun" enemies as with e.g. Freezing Pulse on the outbound direction. However, if the thrower moves or some of the projectiles encounter a terrain obstacle before reaching their maximum range, this may stagger their returns enough to allow more hits.

So, multiple projectiles ST is more effective than you might think knowing that attacks never shotgun, but less effective than you might think not knowing it :)

Spells are always able to shotgun.

If we assume ST is hitting different targets or fully shotgun, GMP/LMP increases our DPS twice, while damage reduction only affects damage once.

5 spectrals, each proccing 5 spells at 50% effectiveness = 12.5.
3 spectrals, each proccing 3 spells at 70% effectiveness = 6.3.

GMP provides twice the damage of LMP!

Of course, ST is not able to fully shotgun, and some projectiles don't hit at all, so the difference is not that huge, but still very noticeable.

LMP has lower mana cost and is less dangerous vs all reflect mechanics, so it may be good for leveling and for hardcore.

JakeAlmighty

I'm late to the party, but good luck :)

I think, you may consider 1 exalt per slot gear "budget" for level 86. Something like "my gear" in 1st post. Going to Atziri with 3.3k life is boldly.

Manual immortal call for 2nd fight may be?

Another thought: Vaal immortal call for Atziri split phase, logout, portal outside Atziri room, recharge souls. Second char in party to preserve portals.

Looking forward to your next attempts.

kompaniet

Arctic breath level 17 damage: 337–506.
Arctic breath level 20 damage: 467–701.

Almost 40% difference.

Quality adds 10 IAS for ST and GMP, 20 global crit for CoC. Not bad, but less impactful than spell gem levels.

PS. Lightning ball incoming! If it comes with ability to multiproj and without cooldown... oh my! :)
Last edited by SunnyRay on Jun 25, 2014, 6:05:49 AM
I'm twitching about starting this build on invasion (what's left of it) or maybe even the 1-month.

That's the passive tree I had in mind, considering using Tabula Rasa and Life Leech as a 6th socket (hence vaal pact)

All in all it looks real solid, but it annoys me to think/feel/know that starting as a shadow (or duelist) just seems better... I can't quite wrap my head around what the Scion can trump the other classes at, it just feels as though (other than as an elemental buzzsaw,) the scion just straight-out sucks.

Prove me wrong.
Spoiler
please
Last edited by lucksickle on Jun 25, 2014, 10:03:49 PM
I reached 53 lvl again on invasion (on first try died at this lvl on merciless ledge on Bladeback Guardian from his afterdeath spikes).

This time I haven't Tabula Rasa, only crappy 5l, with wrong colours, so I have to use Ethereal Knives instead of Fireballs.
By the way it's rather nice, because I split my damage on physical and elemental - so reflect isn't that dangerous. Ofc these spells have different range, so it is temporary combo.

By the way, at least for leveling - The Blood Dance are sooooo good! Because of 5l, I haven't place for Life Leech gem, and I have no regen. So I was lack of life and flasks permanently. Then I got these boots - and boom, while killing crowds, I gain charges automatically, so most of the time now I have increased attack speed now and +5% life regen.

The only problem is with dangerous SINGLE bosses, because to recharge the charges, you need to hit boss with frenzy at least once every 10-11 seconds, which can be dangerous. It depends, because for example Vaal is easy - you can hit him with frenzy all the time you need, he just stands there chilling most the time...

I love these life regen and attack speed from Blood Dance, so I even don't know, if I should change it. The problem is, that build is using so many uniqs, that it's hard to get life and resists, and if I get life and resists on boots, then I can free the amulet slot for Stone of Lazhwar for example, or helmet slot for Rat's Nest or Starkonja's Head.
Some advice would help me. SunnyRay - to the resque! [please!]

Current Skills-tree (next nodes will be Phase Acrobatics, Dervish, then maybe life and regen in duelist area):
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABH4FtQzyDkgRlhXwFr8a2yP2JDwmlSepMHw2PTpYPs9JUUp9UUdVS1b6WkhabWHiYqxnoG17cFJ_K3_GhxmHdofbjDaNfY2_k_ydqqXLp1yqf6q4rs-0OLVIvebAUdQj1U_Witad3Q3dqN5344TlGed06xTrju4O7_Dz6vlj-_X8xQ==
You have forgotten your place, Karui slaaave!
Last edited by BlackCorsair on Jun 26, 2014, 3:08:59 AM
"
lucksickle wrote:
Prove me wrong.

I won't. Start Shadow.

I don't like From the Shadows, 20% global crit node you didn't take is straight-up better. Also, lack of Int gonna limit your itemization.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info