[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

Sorry if this has been answered before, but in 57 pages of replies, it's kinda hard to look for it.
Anyway, why is this build using GMP instead of LMP? Does it clear better with the increased aoe? I'm currently using LMP right now, and i'm a bit sceptical about GMP due to the damage loss.
"
SunnyRay wrote:

Do you mean "Physical Damage per Charge" on Frenzy affects EK cast with CoC?! That's a big surprise, it should't work this way as far as I understand mechanics.

Damn... I checked it without CoC, forgot that CoC changes the way it work.

Seems that with CoC - EK gains no boost from frenzy charges(
(only indirectly from increased attack speed)

You have forgotten your place, Karui slaaave!
Last edited by BlackCorsair on Jun 22, 2014, 7:54:34 AM
"
Rynphos wrote:
Sorry if this has been answered before, but in 57 pages of replies, it's kinda hard to look for it.
Anyway, why is this build using GMP instead of LMP? Does it clear better with the increased aoe? I'm currently using LMP right now, and i'm a bit sceptical about GMP due to the damage loss.

I think with gmp you get more possible chances to cast your spells. If i understand it right it checks cast on crit for each enemy you hit.
so versus single bosses (like Brutus), LMP will give more damage and less mana cost?

(and vs crowds less chance to die from ele reflect?)

Sounds like LMP is super nice too
Last edited by BlackCorsair on Jun 22, 2014, 2:19:10 PM
"
BlackCorsair wrote:
so versus single bosses (like Brutus), LMP will give more damage and less mana cost?

Not necessarily - remember AB and Fireball both benefit from GMP via shotgunning.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Yeah after getting GMP and testing it at lvl 1 compared to my lvl 16 LMP, GMP definetely had more consistency and better clear speed, so i'm sticking to it from now.
The problem is the increased mana cost, which i can't really sustain at the moment. Clarity at lvl 10 already takes a large chunk out of my mana and Purity of Elements is a must have.

A few people have asked if this build can do Atziri. (and I've responded "probably" without trying it.)

Going to rebuild my char quick and make it happen. I'll use Tabula instead of a 6l Carcass Jack to present a "budget" build that can down Atziri.

wish me luck!
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

A few people have asked if this build can do Atziri. (and I've responded "probably" without trying it.)

Going to rebuild my char quick and make it happen. I'll use Tabula instead of a 6l Carcass Jack to present a "budget" build that can down Atziri.

wish me luck!

I WISH YOU LUCK ON INVASION!

"
BlackCorsair wrote:
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

wish me luck!

I WISH YOU LUCK ON INVASION!

I've begun. (ghetto jewellery that was lying around my stash and crap, capped resists with like 3.3k life or so)

Phase 1 is remembering what life is like when you don't do 400k dps. Geez these Apex of Sacrifice mobs are tough.
First attempt... beat the Vaals (messily, will improve) and didn't have too many portals left for the trio. Bailed after 1 death on the trio and finished map on other char.

Will do better in attempt #2 later today after some sleep.

gear I'm using - (again super budget to try it for you lot that can't afford a ton of stuff. Non-unique items were just stuff I had in stash or nabbed cheap/free off of friends) Character is level 86 with 3.3k life. (life rolls missing from all the ghetto jewellery/belt etc) Resists are capped at normal maximums.

Intentionally using non-perfect gems as most people don't play with full sets of lvl21/23%q gems. Gotta fix a few colors tomorrow. I chromed 3 different pairs of Maligaro's trying to hit any RR setup and on all 3 I rolled 4off BBBR before hitting any RR combination (WTF RNG?) so for now they stay on 4off until I can buy some more pairs to roll on.

Last edited by JakeAlmighty on Jun 23, 2014, 6:08:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info