[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

"
SunnyRay wrote:

Or no Fireball - Arctic Breath at all. EK, Arc?
Any successful melee Frenzy CoC builds out there?

Nice idea! What do you think of Storm Call instead of Arc?
Lightning damage too, so shocks too, right?
By the way just tested - increased phys damage from charges effect Ethereal Knives!!!

Also we can use 5-6 link with GMP-Fireball-Arctic Breath
and 4l with Frenzy-CoC-EK-Arc
Multistrike will add dmg, but also would add risk to die from reflect due to very high attack speed.

That way our melee atack will synergy our ranged attack and also will be effective vs elemental reflect...

Right?

Due to risk of phys reflect, we will have to use Iron Reflexes tree? (maybe Eldritch Battery will be better instead of Vaal Pact, because Frenzy eat a lot of mana, and our attack speed= mana usage is crazy)
You have forgotten your place, Karui slaaave!
Last edited by BlackCorsair on Jun 21, 2014, 10:54:30 AM
Also with main ranged CoC - full support melee variant for 4l:

frenzy-PCoC-faster attacks-Increased critical strikes.

and if it's near your passive tree - maybe Conduit node in tree.

So we will in few melee attacks gain crazy attack speed and critical strike chance.

So killing the crowd - then on last white mob using frenzy melee attack to gain charges. Then run to other crowd.

On boss even single no problems too - 3-4 frenzy attacks (i think its near 1 second) then ranged barrage of death...

By the way, using The Blood Dance boots could be interesting too - 7-9% life regen is no joke i suppose...
You have forgotten your place, Karui slaaave!
Last edited by BlackCorsair on Jun 21, 2014, 11:13:09 AM
"
I'd love for people to check out my math, since it's really my first time theorycrafting. This is in response to the guy asking about additional accuracy.

These are all based on my stats...

Chance to Crit:
-53.6% with no power charges or other benefits
-63.8% with 3 power charges(other people probably use a 4th...I bet this will skew a lot)
-56.32% with the 40% crit chance from 20%Q on Additional Accuracy

With 85% Chance to Hit...
-38.7% Chance to land a crit WITHOUT power charges ( .536 * .85 * .85 )
-46.1% Chance to land a crit WITH power charges ( .638 * .85 * .85 ) <- CURRENT SET UP

With 90% Chance to Hit(Which I'm 99% sure you get from Additional Accuracy lvl 20)
-45.6% chance to land a crit WITHOUT power charges, WITH the 40% extra crit from 20%Q.
( .5632 * .9 * .9 )

Conclusion?
- 46.1% C2LC with Power Charges,
45.6% C2LC with Additional Accuracy

- Same mana cost. Both have 140% multipliers.
- DPS from non-crits will be higher, doubt that has any effect, though.

Would love opinions from people with more experience.

Maybe if your base crit is somewhere closer to 57%, Additional Accuracy would be better. I have no idea what it'd be with power charges with diminishing returns, etc, so I won't try to do the math.

EDIT: Assuming no diminishing returns(way too complicated for me), at 57% base crit chance it'd still be

48.6% chance to crit with charges
48.4% chance to crit with AA

Hmm i have lower crit chance 47% crit chance but higher hit chance 92% with additional accuracy.

I thought hit chance was more important but if your maths is correct it shows hit chance is not very important.

Can you also calculate this with concentrated effect as the 6:th gem. Because that was what i was wondering about more. Conc effect vs additional acc.

Can only have one of the three after all. Ce OR aa or pcoc.

Has anyone tried this build with voll's protector for generating power charges.
I can't really figure out a way to cope with one of the mods on that chest.

50% reduced maximum Mana

The only way is to drop clarity altogether and use thief's torment to fuel our main skill?
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 21, 2014, 3:33:37 PM
FUCK I just ripped.
76 invasion.

Just bought some gg gear too.
The build became stupid fucking good. I was in a 72 map and just trolling everything. I went into a big pack and continued to steam roll. well...rock mobs came up from the ground, it was a rare and had ele reflect aura. Couldn't even tell.

I NEARLY made it out of there too, which is what ticks me off. I was half paying attention, texting in between huge groups. sad dayz

"
Illsonmedia wrote:
FUCK I just ripped.
76 invasion.

Just bought some gg gear too.
The build became stupid fucking good. I was in a 72 map and just trolling everything. I went into a big pack and continued to steam roll. well...rock mobs came up from the ground, it was a rare and had ele reflect aura. Couldn't even tell.

I NEARLY made it out of there too, which is what ticks me off. I was half paying attention, texting in between huge groups. sad dayz

RIP bro, seems like there is a need for Vaal Pact after all in HC, hmmmm... although I think you should carry Ruby and Sapphire for this build vs. reflect if that's the case.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Jun 21, 2014, 7:56:00 PM
"

- 46.1% C2LC with Power Charges,
45.6% C2LC with Additional Accuracy

The math is correct. My spreadsheet shows similar results.
Also, crit chance affects spells while accuracy does not.
But you won't always have 3 charges.
AA would only be better if your accuracy was very very low.
I still prefer Conc effect.

"
BlackCorsair wrote:
By the way just tested - increased phys damage from charges effect Ethereal Knives!!!

Also we can use 5-6 link with GMP-Fireball-Arctic Breath
and 4l with Frenzy-CoC-EK-Arc

Do you mean "Physical Damage per Charge" on Frenzy affects EK cast with CoC?! That's a big surprise, it should't work this way as far as I understand mechanics.

I respecced my ranger into this:

No MoM because mana is low as it is.
I don't have good ES items, and acrobatics ES penalty destroys what I have.
How is it possible to play EB-MoM-AA with Acrobatics?

Frenzy as a main attack sucks. Amount of casts is nowhere close to ST.

Frenzy as secondary attack works. 3.86 ST APS with 8 charges with Vectors (3.26 without).
I used Frenzy-CoC-EK-PCoC. Builds both power and frenzy and still deals some damage. Don't have high level arc.
Not sure if these 0.6 APS worth the trouble.

"
Illsonmedia wrote:
FUCK I just ripped.
76 invasion.
RIP...
Last edited by SunnyRay on Jun 21, 2014, 8:19:55 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:

RIP bro, seems like there is a need for Vaal Pact after all in HC, hmmmm... although I think you should carry Ruby and Sapphire for this build vs. reflect if that's the case.

Odd shit man... so i just put up a lvl 70 map in Standard with the exact build. I saw an ele reflect and went ham on him and his chronies. No dmg back to me...

I saw another reflect soon after. I gathered big pack. Went ham. No (minimal really, when i say "no") damage reflect!

ANOTHER rare with ele reflect. HUGE PACK!! I made sure the Rare stayed alive but was still close enough to the other mobs. NO DMG!!!

I must have been cursed by a sea witch / elemental weakness or something.

This build is seriously so fucking strong...I was going to get a +1 curse amulet and upgrade my Chaos ring.

I was going to be casting Crit Weak and Ele Weak...would have just been stupid silly...
"
SunnyRay wrote:

No MoM because mana is low as it is.
I don't have good ES items, and acrobatics ES penalty destroys what I have.
How is it possible to play EB-MoM-AA with Acrobatics?

Ya know, 400 es and life on helm, 400 es and life on shield, easy stuff <3

You probs run Discipline - Grace - Clarity as well on top of that. Should give you 2-2.5k mana then you just need a lil mana regen on gear.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Jun 21, 2014, 8:46:47 PM
Illsonmedia, can you post skill tree? Should be something different for dagger+shield, and it works well it seems.

Could that rare have corrupting blood together with reflect aura?
How much can tooltip dps be trusted?

With the gems I have...

Fireball 562 dps
Arctic Breath 620 dps
Arc 975 dps

Is Arc better? I bet there's comments here regarding it, but what about CoC+ST+4 dps skills?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info