[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

damn rip in merciless ledge my 51 lvl after i finished with whirling blades with culling strike this invasion boss:

"
"Bladeback Guardian"
A unique version of the Porcupines normally found in the Imperial Gardens zone. It has an incinerate ability that is triggered when you fight it as melee. It shoots in all directions and deals heavy damage.
Casts 'Incinerate Nova'
Casts Ice Spear
Casts Lightning Nova
Ice spears on death
Reflects Physical Damage
Reflects Elemental Damage
Resists Elemental Damage
Resists Chaos Damage

dont understand why, i was full health - was it his reflect or spikes on death?

Tabula Rasa - WASTED)
no other notable uniqs on me at hte moment of death...
passives on moment of death:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABH4F-Q5IEZYV8Ba_Gtsj9iQ8JP0mlSepMgE6WDqzSn1MYFVLVvpaSFptYeJirGegbXtwUn_GhxmHdofbjDaT_JcGmyadqqOKp1yuz7IZtDi1SMBRxKLN6s961U_Wnd0N3nfe9uOE5RnnVOd06NbrFOuO7g7v8PPq-_X8xQ==
You have forgotten your place, Karui slaaave!
Last edited by BlackCorsair on Jun 18, 2014, 12:43:27 PM
"
BlackCorsair wrote:
damn rip in merciless ledge my 51 lvl after i finished with whirling blades with culling strike this invasion boss:

"
"Bladeback Guardian"
A unique version of the Porcupines normally found in the Imperial Gardens zone. It has an incinerate ability that is triggered when you fight it as melee. It shoots in all directions and deals heavy damage.
Casts 'Incinerate Nova'
Casts Ice Spear
Casts Lightning Nova
Ice spears on death
Reflects Physical Damage
Reflects Elemental Damage
Resists Elemental Damage
Resists Chaos Damage

dont understand why, i was full health - was it his reflect or spikes on death?

Tabula Rasa - WASTED)
no other notable uniqs on me at hte moment of death...
passives on moment of death:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABH4F-Q5IEZYV8Ba_Gtsj9iQ8JP0mlSepMgE6WDqzSn1MYFVLVvpaSFptYeJirGegbXtwUn_GhxmHdofbjDaT_JcGmyadqqOKp1yuz7IZtDi1SMBRxKLN6s961U_Wnd0N3nfe9uOE5RnnVOd06NbrFOuO7g7v8PPq-_X8xQ==

My guess is you were undercapped on cold and the spikes shotgunned you.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Yes, my resists were 56, 42, 51...

How often i promised myself to not play on merciless without capped resists, and look at me now :D
"
BlackCorsair wrote:

Oh. RIP...

Writing down beside "never play without capped resists": "never come close to a porcupine if you are not a melee tank". Especially to invader porcupine.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Jun 18, 2014, 2:38:44 PM
Started again, 20 lvl now.

Got again double Ungil's Gauche, gloves doedre's Tenure and cheap 5 link for 45 lvl with BBBGG colours.

If will reach 56 lvl, will put some nice items on this char.)
This char is so crazy, I can't just leave it after 1st death.

It's a pity, that you stop disscussing what will be better for Invasion - IR+VP or evasion+dodge char with EB+MoM

"
BlackCorsair wrote:
Started again, 20 lvl now.

Got again double Ungil's Gauche, gloves doedre's Tenure and cheap 5 link for 45 lvl with BBBGG colours.

If will reach 56 lvl, will put some nice items on this char.)
This char is so crazy, I can't just leave it after 1st death.

It's a pity, that you stop disscussing what will be better for Invasion - IR+VP or evasion+dodge char with EB+MoM

Okay, I'm not so experienced with this spec so Sunny will have to answer this question - how much do you need Vaal Pact? I would have thought with spell block, spell dodge and now AA to block fire reflect, and a little MoM buffer that you would not need Vaal Pact at all in which case Ev/Dodge + Eb/MoM/AA would be far superior.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
BlackCorsair wrote:

I wanna try EB+MoM version on my standard level 81 ranger with full respec.
FIFA World Cup is the what doesn't let me do it :)
I'm not sure I can afford items to even try sustaining AA+MoM though.
Not 6L Coil and the like of course, just rainbows, some ES stuff and level 18 gems.
Trying to sell stuff gathering dust in countless read-only tabs is not the most exciting prospect.

EB+MoM+evasion looks more promising than VP+armor.

I like my version more since I'm yet to find any use for frenzy charges. They are tempting though. And we can easily take the last charge. And my ranger has bandit frenzy charge, what a coincidence.

I'm not sure if Vaal Pack is even good here with its harsh 60% penalty.

I'm not an expert, as I've never had eigher VP or MoM char.

"
BlackCorsair wrote:

I hope you misspelled that. Right colors are GGGBB.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Jun 19, 2014, 8:00:17 AM
Clash of the titans!

Atziri's step http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Atziri%27s_Step

vs

Rainbowstrides http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rainbowstride

What say you fellow crit casters?

I prefer rainbowstrides because of the nice res and max mana they provide.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 19, 2014, 9:58:24 AM
Thanks. I think i stick with rainbowstrides + stone of lashwar.

My softcore scion is now lvl 72. So far 5 deaths.

Death log:

Spoiler
Deaths before lvl 70:

1. Corrupted area boss in cruel. (Rima, Deep Temptress: Throws multiple Freezing Pulse and Ice Nova traps, Ice Storm, Slows Enemies) Freeze lock with fp until i died.
2. Elemental reflect rare in cruel. Exploded too many and killed myself.
3. Elemental reflect rare in merciless. Exploded too many and killed myself.
4. Lightning thorns reflect in ebony barracks in merciless. Shooting offscreen while backing off led to this death.

Deaths after lvl 70

5. Corrupted blood golem in grotto map. Died to corrupting blood. Didn't have time to react. 2690 life at lvl 72.

First time i died to corrupting blood. Life was just sipping away at a too fast rate.
Is there any good counter?
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 19, 2014, 10:56:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info