[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

I see.

Was wondering how you could have points over for phase acrobatics but i see you have started as shadow and not taken ee and associated passives.

Can someone explain how ee works i haven't got a clue.
Since we hit with all 3 elements how can it even work?
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 29, 2014, 4:30:09 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
I see.

Was wondering how you could have points over for phase acrobatics but i see you have started as shadow and not taken ee and associated passives.

1. Your spectral throw hits them and has Lightning damage attached to it from ungil's. (setting them to be weak to fire/cold)

2. Your Spectral throws have a chance to cast your linked spells on crit. This happens and they go and wreck face vs said mobs.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:
I see.

1. Your spectral throw hits them and has Lightning damage attached to it from ungil's. (setting them to be weak to fire/cold)

2. Your Spectral throws have a chance to cast your linked spells on crit. This happens and they go and wreck face vs said mobs.

Why does it say in the guide that if you like to shotgun monsters you should not use ee?
There must be more to it than what you are telling here.
"
kompaniet wrote:

Why does it say in the guide that if you like to shotgun monsters you should not use ee?

So basically, when you crit there are two different attacks. The Arctic Breath and the Fireball.

Depending on which one hits first, the one that hits after will get the boost from EE. They don't hit at exactly the same time so it's still effective.

What the guide means exactly is that usually the 5 Arctic Breaths go off and then the 5 Fireballs go off.

The ABs will make the FBs deal more damage but as soon as the first Arctic Breath hits, the rest of the arctic breaths that follow deal reduced damage. The shotgunned attacked will do less damage in this case.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Jun 30, 2014, 8:32:21 AM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

So basically, when you crit there are two different attacks. The Arctic Breath and the Fireball.

Depending on which one hits first, the one that hits after will get the boost from EE. They don't hit at exactly the same time so it's still effective.

What the guide means exactly is that usually the 5 Arctic Breaths go off and then the 5 Fireballs go off.

The ABs will make the FBs deal more damage but as soon as the first Arctic Breath hits, the rest of the arctic breaths that follow deal reduced damage. The shotgunned attacked will do less damage in this case.

Yes i understand this but even when i shotgun i will still alternate between lightning from weapons, fire from fireballs and cold from arctic breath. All the time my attacks will alternate between the three no? I don't see why it makes a difference if you shotgun or fight at close range?

"
Cig wrote:
Currently 88 in Invasion.

Cool! Finally a proof that in the right hands the build can survive in Invasion maps.

I'm surprised to see Arc as 5th link, not even 6th. Is it better than GMP Fireball?

"
kompaniet wrote:
I'm not sure what i should go for next.

I have 83% chance to hit and 52% crit chance. Is it time to get those accuracy nodes? Weathered hunter cluster. Does it make most sense to do so?

Acceleration, Phase Acro, Gymnastics. Accuracy is easier to get on jewelry.

Weathered hunter - if you are happy with everything and feel that your progress is only limited by movement speed :)

"
kompaniet wrote:
Yes i understand this but even when i shotgun i will still alternate between lightning from weapons, fire from fireballs and cold from arctic breath. All the time my attacks will alternate between the three no? I don't see why it makes a difference if you shotgun or fight at close range?

ST hits with Lightning "preparing" mob for destruction.

When both spells are cast, there is a small delay between 5 Fireballs and 5 Arctics.

If you attack from distance, 5 fireballs don't hit at the same time and not often hit the same mob. This allows Arctics and may be new STs to hit between fireballs lowering fire resist.

If you shotgun, 5 Fireballs explode at the same time. The game still processes hits sequentially, and 4 out of 5 fireballs hit mob with increased fire resist. There is no room for Arctics and STs to intervene.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Jun 30, 2014, 5:46:32 PM
I am planning a new Build for the next season and it most likely will be yours or a qillrain build.

The Question I have is EE really usefull ? all other builds are not using it (Barrage wonder and Space´s Windripper) so i was wondering who is making the "misstake". The thing is the 16 points could also be spent in more crit chance or multiplier (Heartseeker and throatseeker)
pls help me which skills use this build i dont understand and i like it
"
SunnyRay wrote:

Cool! Finally a proof that in the right hands the build can survive in Invasion maps.

I'm surprised to see Arc as 5th link, not even 6th. Is it better than GMP Fireball?

As far as single target damage, no, it's not anywhere near gmp Fireball, but for 77, and 78 maps, I personally think the shock stacks provide more dps, when a lvl 21 Arctic Breath hits. Another reason for using Arc instead of Fireball, is because I ran in mostly public parties, and Arc/Arctic Breath, lags people a considerable amount less than Fireball/Arctic Breath.

Just hit 90 last night, probably going to attempt Atziri, before the league ends. So we'll see how that goes lol.
Ign: Desync
"
demogorg wrote:
I am planning a new Build for the next season and it most likely will be yours or a qillrain build.

The Question I have is EE really usefull ? all other builds are not using it (Barrage wonder and Space´s Windripper) so i was wondering who is making the "misstake". The thing is the 16 points could also be spent in more crit chance or multiplier (Heartseeker and throatseeker)

It's a substantial dps boost if you don't shotgun often. As a rough estimate it equals 100% Increased spell damage (50% More?). It's amazing damage keystone. Not necessary, but very nice to have. Not worth 16 points, but it's at most 8 points from my tree. And hey, that's only 8 regret orbs! Or try some maps with EE mod for free. Try and decide for yourself.

"
medamir wrote:
pls help me which skills use this build i dont understand and i like it
I don't understand what you don't understand :) Read information in spoilers in the first post and ask more specific questions please.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Jul 2, 2014, 6:13:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info