[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

"
SunnyRay wrote:
ST (level 5) - GMP - CoC - Fireball (4L) - Arctic Breath (5L) - Concentrated Effect (6L).

Grace - Clarity (level depends on your mana pool) - Purity of Elements - Reduced Mana.

Critical Weakness - Decoy Totem - Blood Magic (+ Faster Casting or increased AoE if on 4L).

Gems in bold are must, the rest is up to you. Options include manual spell for reflect/thorns/corrupted blood, Searing Bond, Lightning Warp, Whirling Blades, Portal, ST-GMP(LMP) with PCoC and/or LGoH, Vaal ST or Cyclone CoC 4L. Concentrated Effect is a good 6th gem, but PCoC, Life Leech and eventually Knockback are also among options. Some people also suggested Arc and Ice Spear. One of possible setups for the rest of links:

CwDT (level 1) - Enduring Cry - Frost Wall.
CwDT (max level) - Enfeeble - Immortal Call - Increased Duration.
Whirling Blades (level 3) - Faster Attacks - IIR - Culling Strike.

Primary targets for Quality on gems: ST, GMP, CoC, then Critical Weakness.

Frost Wall on CwDT protects both from monsters and from reflect and thorns blocking our own spells when we take reflected damage. You may see this in the beginning of Courtyard video. Remove it if you play in party.

Medamir, it's specially for you!
Captain Repetition, to the resque!
You have forgotten your place, Karui slaaave!
I have a shadow (lvl 69) barrage+CoC+EK with dual wand atm. Is it possible to fuse this build with EK instead of fireball+ab?

my main defence is IR but I haven't enought armor (I'm using Voll's), so I would like to switch to evasion mechanic to survive.

So, is it viable with ek+chain?
As I see this build has just ~50% critic chance, is this enought?

Thanks for yours reply
"
Gegemo wrote:
So, is it viable with ek+chain?

IIRC, the only thing Chain does to Spectral Throw is 200% mana cost, so my guess is no, it's not viable.

Using barrage with this tree is possible, but is it worth it without max block and is it still this build?

"
Gegemo wrote:
As I see this build has just ~50% critic chance, is this enought?

That's the price this build pays for max block. It's enough, but far from excellent. Voll's can give you 70.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Jul 2, 2014, 3:56:41 PM
oh right ek+chain isn't viable. Sorry for the stupid question.

OT:
In your first post you have written that you don't like eva build. I'm starting to learn the mechanics of PoE and, to me, eva looks a strong defence. Am I mistaking something?

Lightning coil (40 phys. red.) + eva mechanic looks a magnificent defence (+ deep hp and max res. obviously). Which could be an alternative solution?

Sorry for the OT :)
"
Gegemo wrote:
oh right ek+chain isn't viable. Sorry for the stupid question.

OT:
In your first post you have written that you don't like eva build. I'm starting to learn the mechanics of PoE and, to me, eva looks a strong defence. Am I mistaking something?

Lightning coil (40 phys. red.) + eva mechanic looks a magnificent defence (+ deep hp and max res. obviously). Which could be an alternative solution?

Sorry for the OT :)

Maybe a choice for people in the hardcore leagues. If you can ever get the right colour combination for your gems. Gonna need quite a few chroms i imagine.
"
Gegemo wrote:

Wat? Where? I like eva, that's why this build is originally eva xD
Has anyone tried ball lightning with this build instead of the concentrated effect in a 6l? could be pretty good.
Wow nice build, doing shadow version, seems to be doing a lot more damage than scion, which my friend tried.

I liked PCOC better than Conc effect.

Prob will use

can't find a better belt (that I can afford)

And for IR setup, probably will use spell echo + firestorm (was testing with arc)

Gear
Spoiler

Last edited by negusmaster on Jul 4, 2014, 1:27:48 AM
"
SunnyRay wrote:
"
Gegemo wrote:

Wat? Where? I like eva, that's why this build is originally eva xD

"
SunnyRay wrote:
Ondar's Guile. This keystone is a sole reason I like Evasion builds ...

I thought you tried some other defence mechanics :)
How does it change with ball lightning ? just by the looks ball lightning isnt really overwhelming damage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info