[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

Removed yesterday from Invasion, third attempt of this build on invasion)

3300+ hp with this equip on my 60 lvl. resists 75/75/73 and about -30% chaos.
all quests done, except dominus.
We even already did 3 maps with friend, and he got Aegis Aurora on first, lol))

My passives

Frenzy charges are really hard to use, I even removed them from my gems setup - maybe will respec frenzy charge nodes later. Well, frenzy is on swap, as well as discharge, but it's hardly worth it, don't know.

As you can see I also trying to use Lightning Ball, but it's low level now (got it first day it appeared in game, but was already 50 lvl), so can't check damage properly yet.

Of course incoming damage hurts a lot sometimes, but due to evasion mechanics, it occurs really not often.
Anyway still alive)

You have forgotten your place, Karui slaaave!
Last edited by BlackCorsair on Jul 7, 2014, 4:04:52 PM
I've been trying this build with ball lightning instead of conc effect... i havn't noticed much of a difference. Sure, it doesn't benefit from GMP, but the slow speeed of the orbs seem to let it hit the target multiple times anyways... and it has a fairly large aoe, so tons of CoC procs together easily nukes a large area... but then again, I could just be enjoying the light show so much that I'm trying to justify keeping it.

Anyone else try it out?
I would leave it here for info:

Ball Lightning mechanics

Damn, Ball of Lightning is strange.

Projectile - but GMP and LMP doesn't work the way they work with other projectiles.

AoE - but Concentrated Effect does nothing. (as well as "area of effect damage" passive nodes)

whyyyyyyyyy
You have forgotten your place, Karui slaaave!
Last edited by BlackCorsair on Jul 8, 2014, 1:39:08 AM
"
HellRazor379 wrote:
Sure, it doesn't benefit from GMP, but the slow speeed of the orbs seem to let it hit the target multiple times anyways... and it has a fairly large aoe, so tons of CoC procs together easily nukes a large area...

The question is: does it nuke it faster than its direct shocking competitor Arc?

"
BlackCorsair wrote:
whyyyyyyyyy

To stop them GMP CoC builds, you know :)

I guess AoE thing works same as Lighning Arrow.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Jul 8, 2014, 8:20:14 AM
Hi, I have made a video on Map 77 against Piety. As you will see, I have little life but I get almost no damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt2NN1nbEfc&feature=youtu.be

PD: Sorry for my poor english xD
IGN: kadete
Last edited by kadete on Jul 8, 2014, 8:35:10 PM
"
demogorg wrote:
"
kadete wrote:
My build at level88, i want to get Phase Acrobatic, but for now i have:

- 30% Dodge Attacks
- 14% Dogde Spell Damage
- 53% Chance to Block Atacks
- 27% Chance to Block Spells

And i just drop this

My Gear:

how do you survive ? looks like extremely low life and resistances (dont even mention evasion/armor)

Extremely low life and resistances? What are you on about? He has life on every part possible and resistaces seem to be plenty. This is no a kaom life tank. We don't take damage.
Try the build out. It rocks.

I think you should up that block chance to 75%. Only 53% Why? Your spell block scales with attack block chance.

How is that voll protector working? I imagine you can't cast many times before you are out of blue? Is it good? The power charges make up fow low mana? I've been contemplating getting one.

Does the 15% reduced mana cost on 20q concentrated effect lower the cost of the entire st 6link? Or just lower the cost of conc effect itself?

Here is my charachter. 3200 life. 75 attack block. 55 spell block. 75 all res. 87 chance to hit. 53 crit chance.

Spoiler
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 8, 2014, 11:14:54 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:

Extremely low life and resistances? What are you on about? He has life on every part possible and resistaces seem to be plenty. This is no a kaom life tank. We don't take damage.
Try the build out. It rocks.

I think you should up that block chance to 75%. Only 53% Why? Your spell block scales with attack block chance.

How is that voll protector working? I imagine you can't cast many times before you are out of blue? Is it good? The power charges make up fow low mana? I've been contemplating getting one.

Does the 15% reduced mana cost on 20q concentrated effect lower the cost of the entire st 6link? Or just lower the cost of conc effect itself?

Here is my charachter. 3200 life. 75 attack block. 55 spell block. 75 all res. 87 chance to hit. 53 crit chance.

Spoiler

You can see that video that I posted tonight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt2NN1nbEfc&feature=youtu.be

My block chance is only 53% because I prefer to use another main dagger with more crit, spell damage and speed. With unique granite flask I cap block chance.

This is my tree at level88:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAAYEfgW1CGcOSBGWFfAV9ha_GDwa2xzcHpQj9iQ8JpUnqSj6LagwfDSTOlhGcUlRSn1OKlFHVUtW-lpIWm1br13yYeJieWNDY3BnoG17bmlwUnC7cNV0QXfXfXV_K3_GgseDCYcZh3aH24w2jX2Nv5MnkzqT_JitnaOdqqdcqn-quKw_rs-xkLQMtUi2QbfWu-O9J76nwFHEosS40O7TftQj1QDV-NaK21ncV90N3vbjhOdU53To1usU647uDu967-Pv8PPq96P5Y_no_Kv8xf66

I have enough mana expending 3 points to get MANA FLOWS. and with 5 power charges i have 85% crit chance, I think a build based on Cast on Critical should hit the maximums possible crits
IGN: kadete
Last edited by kadete on Jul 9, 2014, 8:51:38 AM
if you don't want to go the mana regen route and can spare the rings, i suggest running a thief's torment. it will help a ton vs reflect too if you have any difficulties with it
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Last edited by ログよし on Jul 9, 2014, 12:07:01 PM
Thief's torment is a good ring for this build. Only a problem getting those resistances to 75.
This was my first CoC build and i have to say it was a very fun experience, thank you!

I'd like to do this again in the next 4 month leagues but I'd like to get some more feedback first. From my experience, this build gets better with time and having high block in combination with all the evade, dodge and OG, it's very hard to die even in difficult maps.

How well do other CoC options fare compared to this? I'm considering trying a Barrage version next time, but how are the defenses compared to this version?

Any recommendations to a tested and working guide would be appreciated.
My Supporter Pack list compensates for my small penis.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info