[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
DerKobold16 wrote:
just died to Judgement Apparatus 1shot from offscreen, in 66 map in invasion. well it was a fun ride so far. back to other builds :D

Remember that boss can only one-shot off screen because of the Far-Shot mod, you need to melee face-tank that boss :(

i know, but i didnt even knew he was there, stupid mechanic where mobs can spot you offscreen but you cant.
In the 60s now and man this is a fun build. My crit chance is almost 41% and every once in awhile I'll go without critting which sucks but still have some levels to gain and need to get jewelry, belt, and boots. I'm getting one shot every now and then by some bosses or gold mobs but its pretty rare. Makes sense though because of my low resists. What exactly should I be looking for in my jewelry and belt? Thanks!
...brings back fond D2 LoD memories...
I spent all my currency to get a Tabula, and ruined it with a Vaal Orb. Now i'm broke & naked. My previous armor also was ruined by a vaal orb.

FML.
"
ride1226 wrote:
What exactly should I be looking for in my jewelry and belt? Thanks!

What to look for (ordered by priority, not taking corruptions into account):

1. Resistances and Life (at least 60 on jewelry and 90 on belt, the more the better). +Strength counts as 0.5 life.
2. Global critical strike chance.
3. Accuracy, crit multi, spell damage, attack speed, item rarity.
4. Max mana, mana regen, evasion.

What to avoid:

1. Adds X-X cold damage, adds X-X fire damage. If you have EE, you shouldn't have these.
2. The rest of mods (armor, weapon elemental damage etc) add nothing but price, so avoid them too unless price is low.
Last edited by SunnyRay on May 9, 2014, 5:44:58 AM
Awesome! Thank you! Tomorrow I'll do some shopping. As for boots I always like 30% movement but I'm guessing tri red and high evasion boots is the way to go? Thanks! I wanna get my boots first then belt then tailor my jewelry around the resists still needing capping.
"
ride1226 wrote:
As for boots I always like 30% movement but I'm guessing tri red and high evasion boots is the way to go?

I like movement speed too. Wouldn't buy boots without at least 20 ms. Depends on the size of your wallet, though :)
I'm running out of chromatic, so i replaced the fireball with EK and the work so gooooood. :D

My 5L is now : ST + GMP + arctic breath + EK + CoC.
Some ring shopping today as well as boots and belt last night. Here is my current setup...

My resists are almost capped, just need to find someone online with a solid ammy. i placed an offer on one just waiting to hear back. unfortunately I didnt get any global crit chance on anything, but I did get good life and resists. My resists currently are 79, 59. 54.

I just set up a culling strike IIR gem combo like in the OP with cold snap. Im not totally sure how culling strike gem mechanic works. Do I cold snap my target then burst him down, or do I try to stop DPSing once its near or under 10% and cold snap him dead to get the increased rarity?

Thank you everyone for the help. I am loving this build.
"
ride1226 wrote:
Some ring shopping today as well as boots and belt last night. Here is my current setup...

My resists are almost capped, just need to find someone online with a solid ammy. i placed an offer on one just waiting to hear back. unfortunately I didnt get any global crit chance on anything, but I did get good life and resists. My resists currently are 79, 59. 54.

I just set up a culling strike IIR gem combo like in the OP with cold snap. Im not totally sure how culling strike gem mechanic works. Do I cold snap my target then burst him down, or do I try to stop DPSing once its near or under 10% and cold snap him dead to get the increased rarity?

Thank you everyone for the help. I am loving this build.

If you have cold snap link with IIR + culling, use it on target with HP <=10% to increase rarity :D
I only just started this build on a Shadow (because my first exalt dropped last week and I was able to buy a corrupted Tabula Rasa. RNGesus has been good to me in my two months playing this game.) but I already have most of my gear.

*I should hopefully be getting Maligaro's soon*
I need help with the boots though. I don't know what gem combo would fit in there (I'm thinking Leap Slam+Culling Strike+IIR+Faster Attacks/Smoke mine -> I would swap to Brightbeak)... Also, debating whether or not I should drop the Lazhwar because I haven't maxed out res yet. What do you guys think?

EDIT: OMQ Just got to level 31 and I'm melting faces. Only 30% crit but still. And I finally got my Rat's Nest!
Last edited by landrew831 on May 13, 2014, 6:30:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info