[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

For boss change the GMP for a LMP, it's does the job for me !
"
WUlf1337 wrote:
trying this build in a CI version. I skilled this tree originally for a cwdt build, but now I gave this one a shot. But the tree is skilled, the damage is done. And it is just now that I realise: You guys never use any life leech. You get your flasks instantly full by gaining charges with your critical hits.

So the question now is: IS this build still viable or not in my situation?

Nothing special my gear, just what I have atm. Opinions? Should I leef ll out and just run around a bit and wait for the recharge to come on and go for damage instad (swapping ll for Fireball)?

My Tree

There's no where near enough es on you to make that viable. Ganna be ultra glass Cannon.
is this build still worth it, after all the nerfs? Starting a scion to fit this build right now but not sure if still worth all the time to level.
"
hellolin wrote:
is this build still worth it, after all the nerfs? Starting a scion to fit this build right now but not sure if still worth all the time to level.

Build still works fine and is a lot of fun. I'm almost to level 82 with it.

Here's my gear:

Gave up on 6-linking the Carcass Jack for now. You lose Concentrated Effect with a 5-link, but honestly the damage is still more than enough.

I kept Clarity at level 8 which allows me to run/level Grace and Purity of Elements.
Last edited by Radagastt on Apr 28, 2015, 2:42:15 PM
I don't know how this will work when shotgun is removed. People not using ee will have to do so i think. Might still be a bit annoying. So much nerfing going on overall.

Had plans to do this as my first charachter in the new league.
Last edited by kompaniet on Apr 29, 2015, 5:49:50 PM
Even in its current state, this is my favorite build to play. Not my fastest clearing build, or most survivable, but I just enjoy playing it the most and I'm praying the nerf to shotgun doesn't destroy its viability. I have a feeling we're going to have to switch the spells out to chain supported ones or something. Maybe even big multi hitting aoe spells like firestorm?
I believe the build will still be playable in 2.0. Will require more cautious ranged playstyle. I gonna play something new for me, though.

Shotgun removal is more or less compensated by damage buff on GMP/LMP and spells, and I believe they may be buffed more later.

GMP or LMP will still be needed for more ST hits which are AFAIK unaffected by the change. Chain doesn't fit well here doubling mana cost without doing anything else with ST.

Buffed CoC proc chance at low levels is good for leveling.
Ondar's Guile nerf gonna hurt, survivability is not great in 1.3 and will be even worse.
But much less trouble with nerfed reflect.
Dagger crit is slightly nerfed.
Jewels are being buffed, and Scion gets plenty.

We'll see closer to release.
Last edited by SunnyRay on May 14, 2015, 7:07:28 PM
Could anyone post some leveling trees for lvl 20/40/60/80? Would be very helpful
"
Could anyone post some leveling trees for lvl 20/40/60/80? Would be very helpful

did you read the guide and the leveling section? you don't need one like it is written there.

starting as scion go into shadow area first pick up all the good stuff there. don't forget to pick up 20% mana regen as your first skill before going there. then travel down to ranger and lastly duelist.

get ee when you feel like you need big damage boost but focus on getting decent crit chance and accuracy first.

i switched to a coc setup at lvl 31 in battlefront act 3 normal. it was before the coc gem was nerfed though. maybe it's better to wait a little longer if the procs are too rare but i had no problems with that.

mathil is clearing a lvl 76 crematorium with a lvl 1 discharge in a 4 link coc setup. seriously that's how powerful coc is.

you can always try and if it's hard postpone going full coc a little longer until gems have more levels and crit chance is higher.

you can level with whatever gem you want. i don't think stat points will be an issue until you transform into coc mode. you will have the most dex so a dex based skill or hybrid probabably makes most sense.

don't even remember what i used.

hope this helped.
Last edited by kompaniet on May 20, 2015, 2:27:29 PM
Now i´m level 61 and it´s really funny to play, actually my favorite build.
but how do to regenerate life? with flasks? i must always spam life flasks and need a bit luck to survive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info