[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

"
1mpact wrote:
Also I'm not running Ele Equilibrium, drops my dps significantly. Those are the 8 points I'm using to get to VP

You are using 5-link ST-GMP-CoC-Fireball-LL, aren't you?

If not, I'll have to conjure a theory why EE drops your dps :)

EE was a huge buff to my clear speed, but I took it at about level 80 with almost final gear set.

Vaal Pact was unusable for life builds back then, now it's interesting. I like what you are doing with this build :) I fear high-level thorns and corrupted blood will deal too much damage to counter with 40% vaal pact though.

You may want to drop shaper since vaal pact disables life regen and you don't use EE.

You may even switch from evasion to armor and take IR. May something like this tree be HC version of the build?

There is no reason to build this as a scion though. This shadow tree even exceeds 300% life.

"
demonguard wrote:
I've been looking at some various 6link options. Obviously I'd like to keep gmp/fireball/arctic for the wonderful shotgun synergy, but I'm between ice spear, conc effect, arc, and power charge on crit for the sixth link. Not really sure what to go with. I'll have to test once I get my hands on a tabula.

Do it :) Don't forget to test single-target dps, this is where there is enough time to notice difference and where Concentrated Effect was a clear winner in my experience. Pack dps is great anyway.

I would prefer life on jewelry over Maligaros. This is what I meant by "if you can afford them not sacrifiсing quality of items in other slots" :) Try Rat's nest first, may be it will make procs reliable enough.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Mar 20, 2014, 12:18:11 PM
Can you guys tell me why leveling one Cast when DMG taken so high?

Last edited by Raikudou on Mar 20, 2014, 3:01:25 PM
My gear with my new Shadow so far, good?

High level cwdt - to trigger high level spells. It is optional, you can do well without it.

Gear:
- Body armor - very good stats, but you'd want to use 5L or 6L here when you can. Remember, with 4L you should not take EE keystone.
- Helm - you'd want to replace it with rat's nest or sharkonja's head or life+resis helm asap.
- Gloves - replace immediately. Flat damage is bad for the build, no useful stats at all.
- Boots - more resis would be better, life is good
- Belt - good
- Amulet - life and more resis would be better
- Rings - will do for now, other slots need upgrades more

Overall, your first goal in gearing is getting 75% fire/cold/lightning resist (with purity if you use it). Look at stat page, if some resis are below 75, you need an upgrade.
The EE post in my previous comment was my fault. I messed up in the spreadsheet calculations the dmg chances for -resists, definitely worth taking :D

I do still think at 6L Vaal Pack is definitely interesting though

Gearwise I'm limited in invasion so I'm playing with mostly self-found gear ... here's what I'm using so far. Pretty much only thing I'm determined to replace is my ring with cold dmg

Spoiler

Do you think taking EE at a mid level say in the 40-50s would be wise or should I wait till I'm higher level say in the 70s near lv80 like you stated in your post. because EE at this level would limit the jewelery/boots I could potentially wear.. im not sure..
Last edited by Simplexity99 on Mar 21, 2014, 11:26:50 AM
"
SunnyRay wrote:
High level cwdt - to trigger high level spells. It is optional, you can do well without it.

Gear:
- Body armor - very good stats, but you'd want to use 5L or 6L here when you can. Remember, with 4L you should not take EE keystone.
- Helm - you'd want to replace it with rat's nest or sharkonja's head or life+resis helm asap.
- Gloves - replace immediately. Flat damage is bad for the build, no useful stats at all.
- Boots - more resis would be better, life is good
- Belt - good
- Amulet - life and more resis would be better
- Rings - will do for now, other slots need upgrades more

Overall, your first goal in gearing is getting 75% fire/cold/lightning resist (with purity if you use it). Look at stat page, if some resis are below 75, you need an upgrade.

I know Gloves sucks, im trying to farm/buy better ones but cant finde anything atm.
Yea im also searchinng better boots atm but cant find a good one with resists/4link.
Amulet and Helmet is in progress too, lets see what i can find. BUt thanks for help.

Edit: For Helmet, sure that i dont need resists/life helmet?

Edit2: I bought that one for 1Chaos now.

Edit3: I just found those at dominus, should i 4link and use it?
Last edited by mustiii361 on Mar 21, 2014, 1:17:05 PM
"
Simplexity99 wrote:
Do you think taking EE at a mid level say in the 40-50s would be wise or should I wait till I'm higher level say in the 70s near lv80 like you stated in your post. because EE at this level would limit the jewelery/boots I could potentially wear.. im not sure..

Unfortunately, I don't know this for sure too. EE far exceeded my expectations when I took it. If I knew it was so amazing I would have taken it earlier. I didn't, so it's just a theory that it's good at any level...

mustiii361, I don't know what you should use. I repeat my advice in other words:

1. Cap resists. If your resists are not capped, get gear with better resists.
2. Get enough life to not die and not get stunned.

1 and 2 are mandatory. You may add MF gear like Aurseize or whatever else provided you still meet conditions 1 and 2.
This is my tree so far, wich nodes should i begin to take the next 10 lvl?
well I took EE just to test it out at my level and i basically one shot everything now. blue and rare mobs die twice as fast usually within one or two seconds lol if that haha, but...I'm running grace and clarity; I picked up Ondar's Guile, having trouble deciding which way to go after this :( ballistics dervish and twin terrors i want them all but idk which one to get first..lol I should probably beef up my defense more because I am playing invasion. and my kill speed is insane.

Is there a better way to leach life back? besides breaking the unique combo life leach is okay, but conc effects damage is so nice...and flasks are okay, I've got all surgeon flasks..I guess Vaal Pact like you guys were talking about would be a good idea. is there any word about it ? is it worth getting or is it one of those late game keystones?

my gear so far, my resis are 69/75/75 but i think they are good for now, I'll be upgrading some items for when I get into Merciless.

I'm sure once I get a Rat's Nest my crits will be even more!! :) can't wait. but then resis will be a lot harder, so I'll have to buy some pretty good jewelry and boots/belt.
Last edited by Simplexity99 on Mar 21, 2014, 7:49:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info