[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
Much as you understated the Maligoro's impact I found them a huge upgrade over the Doedre's I leveled on due to the higher crit chance they grant. (the damage is probably close to a wash between the spell dmg and the crit multiplier)

Maligaro's makes gameplay smoother because crit chance, dex and ias all improve overall crit frequency. They add not more than 5% dps. Still good if you can afford them not sacrifiсing quality of items in other slots, like, you definitely want to get Rat's nest first.

"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
My debate right now is about the boot I'm wearing -

So far I'm pretty happy with them - the trouble is that low life roll. (and less so, the low fire res roll)
I need to roll them to RRRB to hold the lvl1 CWDT combo (a horrible combination on a pure dex boot as I'm sure you know) so I need to decide for sure whether this boot is good enough or if I should attempt to find a similar one but with a higher life roll. (how much do you feel that low life roll impacts the end game survivability of the build?)

Life impacts endgame survivability a lot. Difference between 3k and 4k is huge not only because it's 1k more, but also because of stuns. Every evangelist was a pain in the ass with 3k life, with 4k they cause some trouble, but never kill. Yours are pretty good boots, just not top, and can eventually be upgraded. I would upgrade mine (48 life) if Domination didn't end :)

You don't really need molten shell on cwdt, 296 armor is nothing. In Ambush I'd use smoke mine in 4th slot and be happy with RRGB. With your current colors it's cwdt - frost wall - summon skeletons + smoke mine, you don't even have to 4L them.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Mar 19, 2014, 8:55:05 AM

Losing Molten Shell would be fine, more problematic would be losing Enduring Cry. (as I'd then have to ditch Immortal Call off the lvled cwdt.)

Putting Enduring Cry onto the rat's Nest itself would involve having to roll dex helm into RRRB (or ditching Enfeeble and settling for RRRG or RRRR were they to come up first) (Rat's Nest is currently on 4l RRGB)

Replacing Immortal Call would also be an option I guess. (Molten Shell could fit back in here though it's much worse obv)

I've never tried Smoke Mine but I looked at it - does it require two button slots to use manually? (it appeared to have an option to set a button as placing a mine and another as detonating) If it does require two buttons I don't think I have room for it on the bar. (sidenote: how does it behave if you DO link it to a cwdt?)

Thanks for all the help.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
Detonation can be placed on toolbar, but also has its own button, 'D' by default.

CwDT doesn't support mines.

I don't consider anything on cwdt to be mandatory for the build, it's just some use for spare gem slots. Ranged evasion builds don't take contituous damage to trigger cwdt constantly. In my experience I rarely have endurance charges when immortal call triggers.

Anyway, getting RRGB on boots is easy enough. After coloring you may have or not to fuse RRB together.

A side note, ethereal knives in my rat's nest are higher level than cwdt, it's my manual anti-ele-reflect spell. In your setup EK is additional offense on damage taken that can eventually kill you off phys reflect pack or thorns.

Another option for G slot is detonate dead or vaal detonate dead.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Mar 19, 2014, 2:06:33 PM
"
SunnyRay wrote:
Detonation can be placed on toolbar, but also has its own button, 'D' by default.

CwDT doesn't support mines.

I don't consider anything on cwdt to be mandatory for the build, it's just some use for spare gem slots. Ranged evasion builds don't take contituous damage to trigger cwdt constantly. In my experience I rarely have endurance charges when immortal call triggers.

Anyway, getting RRGB on boots is easy enough. After coloring you may have or not to fuse RRB together.

A side note, ethereal knives in my rat's nest are higher level than cwdt, it's my manual anti-ele-reflect spell. In your setup EK is additional offense on damage taken that can eventually kill you off phys reflect pack or thorns.

Another option for G slot is detonate dead or vaal detonate dead.

I'll be sure to put the EK out of range of being cast by the CwDT - they just all started gaining exp at different times and that's how they've ended up so far.

Rolled the boots to this after a few hundred chromes (sadly did not hit RRRB or RRBB in there but I'll settle for this) and then when linking it I hit 4l before I got the RRB linked together so 4l it is.

I might ignore the link and just put Smoke Mine there anyways for opening Strongboxes (I've been using a +64% ms QS flask for it but SM is probably safer) but there might also be a few good green gems that could go into the CwDT setup. I was looking at potentially Temporal Chains or something but I'd be concerned with it conflicting with Enfeebled off of the other CwDT or our main crit curse.

Vaal Detonate dead is also interesting - I haven't tried it yet. The Vaal version would probably be leveled and used manually due to the soul charges but regular DD could potentially be linked to the CwDT. (is the damage high enough with it underleveled? I haven't used it much except to counter ressing boxes/bosses)

Time to shop for a belt and some jewellery to max out resists and some more hp/crit. Also need to conjure a bigger mana pool from somewhere as I can't even activate Grace yet while Clarity/Purity are up. (nevermind having a mana float on the other end to cast with)
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
regular DD could potentially be linked to the CwDT. (is the damage high enough with it underleveled? I haven't used it much except to counter ressing boxes/bosses)
Me too. Regular DD damage isn't high enough with this build leveled or not.
What are thoughts on cybil's paw and one gauche? crit chance might be a bit lower due to slow attack speed but it would give tons of life leech along with spell dmg.

I just found this ring (in ambush)...

My god do I hate elemental equilibrium right now.

Last edited by JakeAlmighty on Mar 20, 2014, 1:19:10 AM
Cybil's paw is an extreme case of '15 LoH claw' someone suggested using in this thread. Try and tell us how good it is :) You gonna sacrifice not only attack speed, but almost half block (45% vs 25% hits unblocked in final build) and 90% global crit chance for that.

The ring is gorgeous. Well, this is what trading is for. Btw, I exalted similar fire roll on my diamond ring and was glad I had made an imprint for challenge :)
Well my COC invasion toon is back up to 59.

I tried out cybil's paw, LoH was not worth the drop of crit and ias.

I switched in a life-leech gem, dropped the 15/5 LOH claw and headed over to vaal-pact to test it out and that simplifies lighting thorns, through calculations I'm maintaining about 4k dps with a 5L at 59, not factoring in the minimal ST dps

At 6L in hardcore leagues I think dropping conc effect for life leech is probably a must have

Also I'm not running Ele Equilibrium, drops my dps significantly. Those are the 8 points I'm using to get to VP
Last edited by 1mpact on Mar 20, 2014, 9:16:11 AM
If all goes well I should be making somewhere around 5ex soon. I was looking at putting this into Tabula, Rat's Nest, and Maligaro's. The first two are obvious, and the gloves I greatly desire because the inconsistency of crits really gets on my nerves. My main issue is that it's going to be nearly impossible to get the resists and life I need on the remaining pieces of gear, even with Purity. Would you consider dropping Lazhwar for a life/res/accuracy amulet? It seems like the most reasonable choice since I'm not going to be able to shell out for amazing tri-res pieces on belt/rings/boots any time soon.

Edit: Just noticed that you did this in your gear in the OP. As long as I don't go for crit chance or mult on my jewelery I think I should be able to pull this off with at least decent resists without shattering the already broken bank. I might be a bit lacking in life for a while, but hey, it's softcore.

I've been looking at some various 6link options. Obviously I'd like to keep gmp/fireball/arctic for the wonderful shotgun synergy, but I'm between ice spear, conc effect, arc, and power charge on crit for the sixth link. Not really sure what to go with. I'll have to test once I get my hands on a tabula.
Last edited by demonguard on Mar 20, 2014, 9:35:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info