.

I hereby appoint Mivo to be the official Chief of Response Team in this thread till the date where he offends my over sensitive feelings and we are no longer together in a healthy working relationship. Feel free to direct your questions at him anytime. 24/7 ◔ ◡ ◔
"
"
Completed 1 ChallengeMivo wrote:
Assmucus and I spent the morning talking quite a bit (him dying due to typing and me not getting any work done), and we felt that since our builds have become so close, it's easier, less work, and less confusing to only use one thread -- and he'd posted his first, so I felt this one should be the thread about the build! Plus, he'll post videos, something I had not planned to do. :)

My mid 80s version slightly differs (I prefer the Shamanistic Fury cluster above Templar over Totemic Zeal down at the bottom, so the top is linked slightly differently), but it's a minor difference. My 84 build looks like this.

I also really recommend a level 1 Conversion Trap. Helps a lot by creating temporary decoys and tanks. Certainly made dealing with some situations either. Yellow mobs can be converted too. For one socket (possibly in a ring) it's a lot of utility.


Thanks. I am following similar build as you two but with mana instead of bm.



Hmm.. no mana issues with a 5l?
"
Completed 2 ChallengesAssmucus wrote:
"
"
Completed 1 ChallengeMivo wrote:
Assmucus and I spent the morning talking quite a bit (him dying due to typing and me not getting any work done), and we felt that since our builds have become so close, it's easier, less work, and less confusing to only use one thread -- and he'd posted his first, so I felt this one should be the thread about the build! Plus, he'll post videos, something I had not planned to do. :)

My mid 80s version slightly differs (I prefer the Shamanistic Fury cluster above Templar over Totemic Zeal down at the bottom, so the top is linked slightly differently), but it's a minor difference. My 84 build looks like this.

I also really recommend a level 1 Conversion Trap. Helps a lot by creating temporary decoys and tanks. Certainly made dealing with some situations either. Yellow mobs can be converted too. For one socket (possibly in a ring) it's a lot of utility.


Thanks. I am following similar build as you two but with mana instead of bm.



Hmm.. no mana issues with a 5l?


Currently having a 4L, will switch to 5L at lvl 55.. but dont think will have mana issues i'm running EB with 1.2k mana and 80 mana regen at the moment. hoping to get 2k+ mana and 150 mana regen by lvl 70.

But flame totem does some ridiculous dmg, especially on bosses :D
"
Completed 2 ChallengesAssmucus wrote:
I hereby appoint Mivo to be the official Chief of Response Team in this thread till the date where he offends my over sensitive feelings and we are no longer together in a healthy working relationship. Feel free to direct your questions at him anytime. 24/7 ◔ ◡ ◔


That wasn't quite the idea! The point was less confusion for players, and less work for me. :p

Oh a side note, totems don't trigger devourers. I was reminded of this just now on a packsize map with devourers. Painfully!
Dual Flame Totem build for Scion: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/827006 (updated for 1.2.x)
hmm im not too sure if 150 mana regen will be enough cause my totems cause around 330+ mana per cast. add to the fact that ur using mom.
but let me know if it works than, im theory crafting a eb mom flame totem too but its pretty hard to balance IRR/mana regen/mana/life/life regen on my side.
"
Completed 1 ChallengeMivo wrote:
"
Completed 2 ChallengesAssmucus wrote:
I hereby appoint Mivo to be the official Chief of Response Team in this thread till the date where he offends my over sensitive feelings and we are no longer together in a healthy working relationship. Feel free to direct your questions at him anytime. 24/7 ◔ ◡ ◔


That wasn't quite the idea! The point was less confusion for players, and less work for me. :p

Oh a side note, totems don't trigger devourers. I was reminded of this just now on a packsize map with devourers. Painfully!



"puts on shades" now do your job. The weight of the world lies on your shoulders.
"
Completed 2 ChallengesAssmucus wrote:
hmm im not too sure if 150 mana regen will be enough cause my totems cause around 330+ mana per cast. add to the fact that ur using mom.
but let me know if it works than, im theory crafting a eb mom flame totem too but its pretty hard to balance IRR/mana regen/mana/life/life regen on my side.


Yeah still dunno what it will be like in endgame. I might skip MoM because totems draw most of enemy fire. And it will be possible to get 250+ mana regen by grabbing some aura passives and running clarity + discipline. Good thing though is that I have a lot of free mana, with which I can cast 4-5 totems before I run low, and mana usually regens back by the time they die,ie if they die. But all this might change in merciless :)

Right now focussing on getting only totem passives with a few life nodes here nd there.

Edit : By the way, lightning thorns is such a pain in the ass :(
Also, 1 question. How well does blood dance boots work with the bm version? Frenzy + lmp for gathering the charges and merciless kraityn for +1 charge, though we need to use a wand instead of scepter in this case. 4% extra life regen might be helpful.
Last edited by nightblade157 on March 13, 2014 6:47 PM
yeah they are. reflect too.

hmm im using windscream and i find a dps drop if i dont go dual curse. blood dance minus cast speed too. i prefer running around fast , and killing shit even faster. besides i have 7.7%life regen in my skill tree thats pretty sufficient.
"
Completed 2 ChallengesAssmucus wrote:
yeah they are. reflect too.

hmm im using windscream and i find a dps drop if i dont go dual curse. blood dance minus cast speed too. i prefer running around fast , and killing shit even faster. besides i have 7.7%life regen in my skill tree thats pretty sufficient.


Yes ur right that does sound better. Also, whats ur take on the reduced mana cost nodes. Not all of them, but the arcane efficiency cluster, the 2x 5% ones near berserking and the 2 near amplify will give total 40% reduced mana cost, bringing down flame totem to only around 170 mana.

Might be a lot of nodes wasted though.
hmm the 2x5% near berseking is 2 nodes away so i dont think its worth it.
3 skill nodes for 20% could be a good idea.

just take note for my life build every 8% life is around 100 extra life so every point counts. 3skill points i can get 50% armor 2%movement speed 10 strength from marauder skill tree which is more valuable to me at this point due to the low armor.

If you are using eb/mom build u can consider going there. feel free to post a link to ur build if u like i can help u take a look.
Last edited by Assmucus on March 13, 2014 7:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info