"
daowna - im not a hardcore/inv player so i never really thought about how to gear/skill tree for it, you'r free to change whatever you think is more suitable , i think there's a flame totem build for invasion somewhere =3

This build is perfect for Invasion/HC as is. Early life and regen nodes make it easy for leveling with 2h spectral or w/e else one would want to level with. Again the reason I axed the armor to life and regen nodes was because of my lack of armor. If I want to get crazy with chrom orbs and go for all the blue/green sockets I need to run the gem setup in armor gear, I could probably see myself going that direction. But for the time being that's not the case.

I'm currently doing merciless Dominus clears pretty quickly and pretty much just run past all the trash while putting a totem or two to distract mobs here and there. If someone is having trouble with this build in invasion or hardcore it's probably because they haven't stacked enough health in their gear.. but that's what the build was meant to do in the first place so idk.

Thanks for the thread and thanks for the response. Unfortunately it looks like Invasion league is dry on decent wands with projectile speed, but I look forward to trying your suggested link setup if they pop up sometime.
Last edited by Daowna on Apr 23, 2014, 5:56:53 PM
Would the level 20 Flame Totem benefit much in terms of DPS, when placed in a 5L Infernal Mantle + level 3 Empower ? Level 20 Flame Totem base dmg is 61-92, but +1 from Infernal Mantle + 2 gained from Empower, gives a lvl 23 Flame Totem, which base dmg is 78-117. Would be it worth (in terms of cost) to throw around 10ex for doing so ?
good question , i remember i gained 130dps tool tip from level 19-20 (if im not wrong ),
and 20-23 the gains dont really increase that much as compared other spells. The gains are rather even over the levels.

if i was to follow the tool tip , 4 levels would be like 130x4 = 420dps? faster casting adds about 600-800 on tool tip. plus the fact that the es from infernal mantle is pretty useless if ur going bm, you will lose a huge chunk of resist/armor/life too. Dont really seem worth it to me unless you'r going for some crit eb variation.
I'm level 44 now and haven't died yet in Ambush. Taking my time obviously but having a lot of fun with this build.

I've been looking at trying to go for IR with this build and am thinking about the following:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAecCcQSzBS0GoBDMFCAUTRRxFm8YkRmFGjgabCFgJKonLyftKU8qEyu2LKc26TwtQKBBh0bXSsRM_1BHVbVVxlnzWitdxl8_YEthIWSEaHRyqXTtdPF4aXrvgpuE74xGj0aQVZSgnrmezaIAo_KkrKcwp4Ssqq9stQS3PryfwBrBBMT2xYrGrs9l0NDYTdpi37_jauOf5CLqGO8O8B_yL_Pd9q73MviT-Ov5vfnoZp760h0UNuhkoxpVGNtbr90N_MVnoId2Sn1OKimlxBU=

That makes the following changes:
1 extra passive point to use elsewhere
-20 str (Master of the Arena) - (if this is a big deal we can use the extra passive point on a +30 str node)
-52% armour
-1% life regen
+8% life
+IR

This build also gives you access to various shield nodes if you wanted to use a shield instead of two wands/two sceptres (since we no longer need Agility we can do the top path like before). Have you considered this before and/or have any thoughts?
Hello there,

First i wanted to thank you for your time and effort posting this guide. I'm really loving it so far :). I just had a question for you. Is it possible to use a shield that has + spell dmg instead of dual wield wands? i seem to be a glass cannon and die very quickly. Thank you very much for your time.
Poyayan - you will have no + armor nodes% in accordance to your tree.

i have IR in most of my builds but unfortunately i cant think of a way to go for IR while having the same amount of health, and because we'r not running grace aura IR wont really help that much. I prefer scaling armor from gear, of course , if you go IRR crazy like me the only 2 piece you really have is your helm and armor.

Repairman1988 - no probs, yes you could. But you will be losing out on cast and projectile suffix which is only found on wands.
If you want to run with a shield + a wand you can probably still do up to 75maps farming and depending on mobs as u lose quite a fair bit of dps, eg, 3k -> 2.5k

I have 4k life at lvl 85 with no life on boots,glove,rings,amulet. with life on all 4 pieces i should be around 5.2-6k depending on the rolls. Are you in invasion btw?
how can you use immortal call without enduring cry?
"
Assmucus wrote:
Poyayan - you will have no + armor nodes% in accordance to your tree.

i have IR in most of my builds but unfortunately i cant think of a way to go for IR while having the same amount of health, and because we'r not running grace aura IR wont really help that much. I prefer scaling armor from gear, of course , if you go IRR crazy like me the only 2 piece you really have is your helm and armor.

Repairman1988 - no probs, yes you could. But you will be losing out on cast and projectile suffix which is only found on wands.
If you want to run with a shield + a wand you can probably still do up to 75maps farming and depending on mobs as u lose quite a fair bit of dps, eg, 3k -> 2.5k

I have 4k life at lvl 85 with no life on boots,glove,rings,amulet. with life on all 4 pieces i should be around 5.2-6k depending on the rolls. Are you in invasion btw?

I guess if you were in a group with grace it might make sense, but I agree with your reasoning.
Pretty new, so first off - awesome guide!

Why do you dual wands? I know next to nothing so do the % spell damage things stack?
yep, and cause real man dont use shields.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info