The Thief - CoC Bow Shadow [1.1.2]

yo other than hp is there any reason not to use rat's nest if you have godly belt/boot/quiver for resists?. isnt the attack speed and extra crit really good. maybe as good as maligaros?
"
JungleBeanr wrote:
yo other than hp is there any reason not to use rat's nest if you have godly belt/boot/quiver for resists?. isnt the attack speed and extra crit really good. maybe as good as maligaros?

I am using a rat's nest with this build atm, and it's working good for me. Atm i dont have godly belt, boot and quiver, but if you do have i dont see any reason why you cant use it
"
PoliteLeader wrote:
"
JungleBeanr wrote:

I am using a rat's nest with this build atm, and it's working good for me. Atm i dont have godly belt, boot and quiver, but if you do have i dont see any reason why you cant use it

Yeah you can do that setup, without any problems, just remember to get your ress from some where els and yes 100 less maximum life is about 400 less life at lvl 95, so that is also something to think about. So lest say you get GG belt and GG boots, then Rat's Nest will be awesome to use. i would not get a quiver with ohter stats then my quiver, you can easy get a quiver with a higher mod roll, but would not recommend to get other stats on it. And Maligaro's gloves is in a league for em self the 50/50 i got, and then vaal orb and get temporal chains on hit :) so i would never change em out.

I have also bin looking at Devoto's Devotion to get, i love that helm, big fan of movement speed, my playing style love to have really high movement speed, so i would use that and not rat's nest if i should chose :)

I have bin looking at a GG belt and GG boots, but it's 150 exa for both and i would rather same my currency right now until i hit lvl 100 because then i will make my character in to a clean pvp character, so i need around 700 exa if i really want to go full out :)

Keep happy guys :)

Disable
IGN: DisableTV
Last edited by DisableTV on Mar 18, 2014, 7:52:42 AM
So I bought

and have a 6L armor and a Thief's Torment in Ambush, but I dont see a 6L Voll's in the near future. Ive been thinking about the best gem setups for a CoC without Voll's and im having a rough time. My ideas atm are:

Barrage
CoC
LMP
EK
FP
Arc/Fireball (Fireball is better, but Arc would give me the shock stacks)

or

Split Arrow
CoC
Chain
EK
Arc
Unknown last slot

What would you suggest? Ambush is young and I dont have the currency yet to 6L my bow (yet, 320 jewellers down. but il get there :p). Base crit is high, so I dont know if its needed but Il probably try to keep up my frenzy/power charges with a 4L Frenzy + PCOC. My alt is only level 47 at the moment, so its all theory. I dont know if it works, I dont even know if Thief's Torment is nessecary without the insane attack speed (but I think its still required for the health sustain).
"
EZPZY wrote:
So I bought

and have a 6L armor and a Thief's Torment in Ambush, but I dont see a 6L Voll's in the near future. Ive been thinking about the best gem setups for a CoC without Voll's and im having a rough time. My ideas atm are:

Barrage
CoC
LMP
EK
FP
Arc/Fireball (Fireball is better, but Arc would give me the shock stacks)

or

Split Arrow
CoC
Chain
EK
Arc
Unknown last slot

What would you suggest? Ambush is young and I dont have the currency yet to 6L my bow (yet, 320 jewellers down. but il get there :p). Base crit is high, so I dont know if its needed but Il probably try to keep up my frenzy/power charges with a 4L Frenzy + PCOC. My alt is only level 47 at the moment, so its all theory. I dont know if it works, I dont even know if Thief's Torment is nessecary without the insane attack speed (but I think its still required for the health sustain).

If you don't have voll's chest i would make a totaly new spin on your character/build

What about somethink like this :)

Items needed: Windripper, Atziri's Step Boots, Hyrri's Ire Chest and Thiefs ring.

Auras uset: Haste and Grace

Attack per second is about 4.0

You don't make frenzy charges or power charges. Crit chance is over 50% without power charges and your leech is going to be awesome.

This build is my new build, i think overall it will maby even be better then my current quill rain build setup i have going now The Thief.

Ofc the rest of the gear is up to you, i would use the same gear i have on my character now just another neckless with Crit chance, Acc, Life, spell damage and all ress and some EV if you can be so locky to roll it :D

Gem setup: Bow: CoC/LA/GMP/ARC/ICE SPEAR/FASTER ATTACK - Chest: CoC/Barrage/GMP/FIREBALL/ARTIC BREATH/CONC

Hope you like :) and ofc you can use another chest until you can get your hands on a Hyrri's Ire, but they normaly go for nothing :)

This will be maket in to a full guide The Thief v2 :) it will be under this thread so there is 2 buttons to press a The Thief v1 and a v2

Hope you going to like this one, this one is because of the new windripper bow :D

Keep Happy :)

Disable
Last edited by DisableTV on Mar 18, 2014, 1:25:09 PM
so i took the dive and got windripper.

gear ( belt and boots are definitely suboptimal )

Spoiler

spec @ 80ish optimized for windripper.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYB3nfVT_v1tDjlGYw2VUsmlW17tUhtbFM1m7UZii2Dlwb7CfbaGo_Eorvj_rp9ddN-Av7fhELDXfJw1cBRcFLz6ha_h9th4uOEDkidqmKs1p0Rlp2j_Kte-o_6STs2e7SjcLvZEy9vf8YnqVptJDynXElRoqPB820ZLR9Ms1Aw215jQ_LhBfkV8PljveY-z1FHqriqf419GtvuDiP27_BaSFb6_MVnoId2Sn0wfG_yOdSgn90NW69OKimlOlgEfocZ51Qk_eHboaQ=

impressions are basically that it's a lot more point efficient (if you have volls devotion) to help oak in merc for the extra endurance charge, then branch over the witch for the extra power charge instead of taking the alira point and traveling into the marauder area. the evasion vs armor thing is pure preferece, though there are merits with a spellcast heavy build to go with phase acrobatics.

the auras are interchangable, but normally haste and grace. sub in poe for ele weakness maps ofc.

just my 2c
twitch.tv/helikz
"
helikz wrote:

Spoiler

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYB3nfVT_v1tDjlGYw2VUsmlW17tUhtbFM1m7UZii2Dlwb7CfbaGo_Eorvj_rp9ddN-Av7fhELDXfJw1cBRcFLz6ha_h9th4uOEDkidqmKs1p0Rlp2j_Kte-o_6STs2e7SjcLvZEy9vf8YnqVptJDynXElRoqPB820ZLR9Ms1Aw215jQ_LhBfkV8PljveY-z1FHqriqf419GtvuDiP27_BaSFb6_MVnoId2Sn0wfG_yOdSgn90NW69OKimlOlgEfocZ51Qk_eHboaQ=

impressions are basically that it's a lot more point efficient (if you have volls devotion) to help oak in merc for the extra endurance charge, then branch over the witch for the extra power charge instead of taking the alira point and traveling into the marauder area. the evasion vs armor thing is pure preferece, though there are merits with a spellcast heavy build to go with phase acrobatics.

the auras are interchangable, but normally haste and grace. sub in poe for ele weakness maps ofc.

just my 2c

COOL! Nice spin you got on the build, i like it :)

Thanks for the respons m8, danm nice to see guys like you and others really giving it all you got :)

Happy days..

Disable
"
helikz wrote:

Spoiler

Spoiler

just my 2c
Dude , how about taking the DIVE and making a video with some gameplay.

I really like your skill tree build, your choice in items, and i wanna see the difference between the Quill Rain (much appreciated)

And for DISABLE ...dude, i was rushed to piety in merciless by a party of 2 ppl, and at piety we went for 3 split kills ...i was the first one to get to her (considering the fact that i was lvl 67 and the other ppl were 75+ ...sooo ...awesooomeee)

I know i brag about every little thing i do , but i`m really enjoying this build...like DISABLE said...not the tankiest...not the highest DPS out there....but fun as hell to play ...

Cya guyz , have fun!

DRG
Follow me on YouTube & Twitch for more info on new content.
Latest build : 3.4 Holy Shepherd - Dominating Blow

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2209856/page/1
Stay safe exiles ;)
Last edited by dr0guletz on Mar 19, 2014, 3:47:04 AM
"
dr0guletz wrote:
"
helikz wrote:

Spoiler

Spoiler

just my 2c
Dude , how about taking the DIVE and making a video with some gameplay.

I really like your skill tree build, your choice in items, and i wanna see the difference between the Quill Rain (much appreciated)

And for DISABLE ...dude, i was rushed to piety in merciless by a party of 2 ppl, and at piety we went for 3 split kills ...i was the first one to get to her (considering the fact that i was lvl 67 and the other ppl were 75+ ...sooo ...awesooomeee)

I know i brag about every little thing i do , but i`m really enjoying this build...like DISABLE said...not the tankiest...not the highest DPS out there....but fun as hell to play ...

Cya guyz , have fun!

DRG

Yeah man, give us a video on how it playes out :) would like to see :)

The Thief v2 is soon going to be added to my thread, look out for it, it using Winripper bow, Hyrri's ire, Thiefs Ring (Ofc thats why my build are called The Thief, it works around that ring) and then new Atziri's Step boots :)

And Dra0guletz, danm nice you like the build, it makes me happy :) great work man :)

Keep Happy

Disable
Disable answer me this :p

In your leveling walkthrough skilltree you make a diffrent starting route - you take the (att speed - mov. speed - proj. dam notes) But in the 75 point skilltree you take the (spell dam - ele. dam) route, so in other words a complete reespec at 75??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info