[**1.2**] The Party Pooper" Endgame CoC EK/Flame surge-Discharger~Outrageous DPS + Anti-Reflect

So i have a few questions regarding the 1.1.1 updates and stuff.

1. how does it fair against physical / elemental reflect and what do we have to look out / counter

2. Would this build be MUCH better with legacy shavronnes, or is that only a marginal bonus. In other words, would it be worth it to spend 200 exalts for the benefits? Or would a simple 6Liner work just as well??

3. Can this build start from shadow?

4. Do 6L voll's still work well after the patches? Should i invest one to increase clearing speed or would a rare 6L es chest be sufficient?
Last edited by bowen123 on Mar 18, 2014, 10:46:29 PM
Why not use a +2 or +3 6L staff? I know Discharge gets +2 from Searing Touch.

High-end daggers and shields are really expensive and we probably won't see any in the new leagues until a few months later.
Last edited by fireundubh on Mar 19, 2014, 5:05:03 PM
How do you level this build though 30-60 - I'm asking what gems do you use, and what are the most important things on gear?
Will this build be worthwhile without Voll's Devotion? (can't get it in Ambush)
Last edited by Snayperskaya on Mar 19, 2014, 2:11:29 PM
is this build dead? no one comments or responds here lol
What are the different options for auras in this build?

As for the passive tree in the op, why not get any extra charges when they're close?
"
Damaos wrote:
Will this build be worthwhile without Voll's Devotion? (can't get it in Ambush)

I'd love to know too. Please, an answer!!!!
Another question. Would using tabula rasa be ok to level up with? maybe low maps?
Last edited by Pharcri on Mar 21, 2014, 2:32:14 PM
I'm leveling this build. No other way to know than to find out firsthand. I have lessons to share and questions I need to crowdsource. For reference I'm dirt poor, I have like 1.5 ex total currency and have spent 5-10 chaos on random items to help level up or whatever. The 5 link was my biggest purchase ever.

Stuff:

1. Let's be clear you need to use some kind of other skill until almost 60 (Searing Bond). I just turned 60 myself and, in really crappy gear, I can almost run a 5-Link CoC, Cyclone, Cast on Crit, Discharge, Leech. When my crits hit, it's exactly like you imagine. But they dont always hit.

2. Things got a TON better when I bought a good dagger with 9.0+ minimum crit strike chance, increased spell damage and increased spell crit. And a shield with like 77% spell crit: since it appears that with manual cast Enduring Cry and unreliable Blood Rage (no CI yet), I'm really relying on Power Charges from Discharge to extend the combo.

3. I can't run Cyclone. I don't have enough mana. I can't get EB because I run CI. So not sure what to do yet. Will Mind Drinker help? Really dunno what to do, probably just need gear that isn't shitty?

4. In the meantime, someone suggested a single Spectral Throw level 1 gem linked to the regular 5-Link setup in place of Cyclone, and with my increased AOE it kinda works to level in groups. Actually I can solo merc fellshrine (where I'm at with quests) and level myself now. So that's nice. Still no cyclone though.

5. Had to improvise a lot though. I went CI/EV/IR and looped around to Vaal Pact the other way, through the evasion nodes in the middle, aiming for both Nullification circles in Shadow Area and the witch ES nodes. I should have done that first, but I went for Crit first trying to get the combo rolling. Not sure what's best.

6. Seriously I want to run Grace and Discipline Auras and Cyclone, is that too much to ask.

7. I think I need accuracy nodes. But how can I tell

Here's my build so far at 59:
http://tinyurl.com/q5hr7rf

NOW

everybody get off their butts and help me optimize my passives, and let's figure out this build :P

Last edited by Wtbm on Mar 21, 2014, 3:41:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info