[**1.2**] The Party Pooper" Endgame CoC EK/Flame surge-Discharger~Outrageous DPS + Anti-Reflect

"
bowen123 wrote:
is this build dead? no one comments or responds here lol

Its not dead, I just dont feel like answering every single thing, partly becouse im lazy and dont have answers.

"
Damaos wrote:
Will this build be worthwhile without Voll's Devotion? (can't get it in Ambush)

Its viable without volls, but u will see less discharging.

"
What are the different options for auras in this build?

As for the passive tree in the op, why not get any extra charges when they're close?

Well, u need clarity atleast. Discipline and grace are good too, but i cant run 3 auras and dont wanna respect my gear to be able to run it. Theres no point in taking the extra charges, u will never even see them since discharge wil eat them up before u are even close to full charges.

"
XtraSalty wrote:
Another question. Would using tabula rasa be ok to level up with? maybe low maps?

If ur other gear is good then tabula might work.

"
Wtbm wrote:
I'm leveling this build. No other way to know than to find out firsthand. I have lessons to share and questions I need to crowdsource. For reference I'm dirt poor, I have like 1.5 ex total currency and have spent 5-10 chaos on random items to help level up or whatever. The 5 link was my biggest purchase ever.

Stuff:

1. Let's be clear you need to use some kind of other skill until almost 60 (Searing Bond). I just turned 60 myself and, in really crappy gear, I can almost run a 5-Link CoC, Cyclone, Cast on Crit, Discharge, Leech. When my crits hit, it's exactly like you imagine. But they dont always hit.

2. Things got a TON better when I bought a good dagger with 9.0+ minimum crit strike chance, increased spell damage and increased spell crit. And a shield with like 77% spell crit: since it appears that with manual cast Enduring Cry and unreliable Blood Rage (no CI yet), I'm really relying on Power Charges from Discharge to extend the combo.

3. I can't run Cyclone. I don't have enough mana. I can't get EB because I run CI. So not sure what to do yet. Will Mind Drinker help? Really dunno what to do, probably just need gear that isn't shitty?

4. In the meantime, someone suggested a single Spectral Throw level 1 gem linked to the regular 5-Link setup in place of Cyclone, and with my increased AOE it kinda works to level in groups. Actually I can solo merc fellshrine (where I'm at with quests) and level myself now. So that's nice. Still no cyclone though.

5. Had to improvise a lot though. I went CI/EV/IR and looped around to Vaal Pact the other way, through the evasion nodes in the middle, aiming for both Nullification circles in Shadow Area and the witch ES nodes. I should have done that first, but I went for Crit first trying to get the combo rolling. Not sure what's best.

6. Seriously I want to run Grace and Discipline Auras and Cyclone, is that too much to ask.

Here's my build so far at 59:
http://tinyurl.com/q5hr7rf

NOW

everybody get off their butts and help me optimize my passives, and let's figure out this build :P

Looks good so far. I didnt lvl with this build myself. I lvld wiht freezing pulse. but cyclone is pretty essential to this build, so u might wanna get mana reg alot if u cant sustain it.
IGN: Reoxy
Woo! Keep the hope alive! More theory pls all ty in advance

edit: can someone just do the math and find out how much mana + what nodes i need to run grace, discipline, maybe lev.1 clarity 5link cyclone? like build a supercomputer to figure it out or something because I have no idea how
Last edited by Wtbm on Mar 21, 2014, 4:17:18 PM
I'm doing this build and i'm lvl 73 now. This build is amazing! I can easily farm catacombs and 68-70 maps without die. I'm collecting orbs for Voll's devotion and i will be more powerful :P and ofc need a better weapon with high spell crit.
Here is my gear:
I'm level 61 on Ambush with this build. I really like the concept but i'm having a hard time with single target kills and just critting in general. I have 90ish mana per second but I still can sustain cyclcone. I was wondering if anyone had some more specific numbers for how much crit, regen and accuracy is need for this build. I have 55% crit in town and 86% accuracy.Any help is much appreciated I'm about to give up.

Tree so far:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMACLEOPBEtEZYUcRcvGLAdFCSwKjgsnCy_LR826DpSO-E9Xz-bP_xDY0SBRKtHBlJTVa5XK1ivWfNe-l9qZk9mnm0ZcU1yqXgNfIOApIFJgh6G0YcpiEKMC46-j0aPpo_6kn2SwZhvms-do6cIqW6sqrI4uJPAGsHFwfPN-trd2-fcI9-w4vflz-hm6hjsGPcy-Ov60vyr

Gear:

Thanks in advance
Last edited by Hookups on Mar 22, 2014, 12:37:37 PM
"
Hookups wrote:
I'm level 61 on Ambush with this build. I really like the concept but i'm having a hard time with single target kills and just critting in general. I have 90ish mana per second but I still can sustain cyclcone. I was wondering if anyone had some more specific numbers for how much crit, regen and accuracy is need for this build. I have 55% crit in town and 86% accuracy.Any help is much appreciated I'm about to give up.

Tree so far:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMACLEOPBEtEZYUcRcvGLAdFCSwKjgsnCy_LR826DpSO-E9Xz-bP_xDY0SBRKtHBlJTVa5XK1ivWfNe-l9qZk9mnm0ZcU1yqXgNfIOApIFJgh6G0YcpiEKMC46-j0aPpo_6kn2SwZhvms-do6cIqW6sqrI4uJPAGsHFwfPN-trd2-fcI9-w4vflz-hm6hjsGPcy-Ov60vyr

Gear:

Thanks in advance

Not enought crit chance. Accuracy is good. My cyclone has about 85% crit chance without power charges.
IGN: Reoxy
"
Completed 1 ChallengeHookups wrote:

Tree so far:
Spoiler

Gear:

Thanks in advance

Not enought crit chance. Accuracy is good. My cyclone has about 85% crit chance without power charges.
IGN: Reox

Thanks for the fast response!!

Now I just have to figure out where i'm gonna get more crit from. I know the crit gloves are good. Should I pick up the mana leach node? I'm still running out of mana when I cyclone.

Another question: do I need straight crit? Or should I get more spell crit too?
Last edited by Hookups on Mar 22, 2014, 2:41:10 PM
"
Hookups wrote:
"
Completed 1 ChallengeHookups wrote:

Tree so far:
Spoiler

Gear:

Thanks in advance

IGN: Reox

Thanks for the fast response!!

Now I just have to figure out where i'm gonna get more crit from. I know the crit gloves are good. Should I pick up the mana leach node? I'm still running out of mana when I cyclone.

Another question: do I need straight crit? Or should I get more spell crit too?

Get more passive crit nodes from the shadow tree. Plus you want more base crit than anything so your discharge will go off more frequent
Everyone's posts have been very helpful, gear too. There are clearly some breakpoints we need to hit. All my homies in Ambush dreaming about a Maligaro's Virtuosity, Rats Nest, Tabula Rasa, I feel you.

Edit 1: Yeah that Mana Leech node actually seems to help, I'm leveling Cyclone up anyway so it drains a meaningful amount
Edit 2: I just smoked a blunt and bought a 5-link Volls and I can taste victory
Last edited by Wtbm on Mar 23, 2014, 3:02:06 AM
Reoxy; thanks for taking over. I have a quite simple question. I have two problems with this build, both being single target melting. I'm currently lvl 76, been leveling with this since late 40's.

1. I run out of mana too quick when trying to take down a tanky single target. God forbid they have life regen. Ran into Xhanos Blooddrinker the other day. He couldnt kill me, I couldnt kill him. (no portals left to get fitting curses). And this is by only running 1 aura, I don't see myself running 2.
2. I'm not sure if they melt fast enough. I just feel they should die faster. I can go to a lvl 70 map with fracture-mod. We can engage every pack as 3, and they can watch me kill everything easypeasy without them lifting a finger. But single target? I don't feel as comfortable.

This is my gear:

Spoiler

This is my passive tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMADkgQexEtEZYV1xmGGmwc3B0UKk0rCiycLL8tHzvhPV8_J0NjRKtGcUcGSshQQlJTVa5WY1j1WfNd8l76X2pmT2aebRluqm-ecFZxTXyDf8aBSYIegwmGrohCjDaOvo9Gj6aP-pAbkn2SwZMnmG-aE5rPnaOdrp3Eoi6io6cIpyunNKlurEeyOLQMtMW18rcxuJO-OsAawQDBxcHzwuzDbcpKzfrXhtsa29Tb59-w4vflz-ss7BjyHfPd9Uv60vyr

NOTE: Yes, I am not following your tree 100%. I felt the need to get Iron Reflexes, the fear of being squishy. So far I'm doing good, and I will consider respecing at one point, even tho the way I have gone so far is working good. I'm not really dying without Iron Reflexes at this point.

Do you (or anyone else for that matter) have any advice in regard of the single target dmg?
I'm currently sitting at about 5100 ES. Capped resistances.
Chance to hit 63%, crit chance 63.9% and multiplier 240%. What do I need to work on?

Silsamazing - lvl 100 Witch
SilAndTheVortex - lvl 100 Occultist
I know that might be a noobish questions , but why shield with spell crit chance instead of dual wield daggers ?? and why CI over Life ?? Im lvl 51 now and my survi sucks with CI its a bit better with Life. Dont have problem with single target at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info