[**1.2**] The Party Pooper" Endgame CoC EK/Flame surge-Discharger~Outrageous DPS + Anti-Reflect

"
lordchopf wrote:
Asking again;

ever tried other spells than etheral knives? (Mainly asking because it is alot easier to roll blue than green sockets)

I have not tried any other. But I cant think anything better than ek. Its good to have ele and phys dmg together.
IGN: Reoxy
Hey,

I read through your posts and also through the original posts, and I do have some questions and hope for some answers here.

I understood the general idea is to generate charges and then discharge them for damage, while maintaining high survivability. If someone doesn't have Shavronne's Wrappings, a Chaos Inoculation build is reasonable.

Power Charges can be generated by Power Charge on Critical, or Voll's Protector which has it built in. So, critting is very important.

Frenzy Charges can be generated by Blood Rage (which is nice with CI) or Frenzy, but they seem to be the least used ones because they are hardest to achieve.

Endurance Charges can be generated by Enduring Cry.

I didn't really understand the usefulness of the gem combos, especially if I need a 6L armor (sadly I only have a good 5L, but no endgame 6L).

1) Is it so much better to automatically discharge via CwDT or is a manual discharge good, too?

2) Is Etheral Knives really necessary? If I use Cyclone (or is Ice Spear good, too?) to get my power charges, what's the point of EK? Just the damage?

3) How many charges would I need at a mid-70 level? I have a build (see below) but to get all the defensive passives and Vaal Pact, I had to skip extra charges.

4) Could someone tell me what I can change about my build to optimize it? I am currently L73, so no more than 93 or 94 pts available. I can run Maligaros Virtuosity, Voll's Devotion and Gifts from Above to buff my crit chances, but my armor is this:
That's why I took all the ES/EV nodes, I was planning to go for Iron Reflexes later possibly. My best dagger only has a 9% crit change, so I am unsure if the build works out crit-wise. Anyways, here it is: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37BXK5LBB2OOvuaBLJwRLRFQVa58g7vWRKvN-jvhj6a4k-L3bRlSU-vupwinK8HzPV8o-o9Ggh5XyYFJiEI8jrI48h3Bxeq6Zk8sv-wYtAyGro_6w21GcRXXXvrb54MJ14b8q0cGb55WY52jjAtfaspKEZbssBmGDki5fKxH44SiLusswFFd8lBCKk3z6nDVjDY_J3BSFr9KyIfbbqrrY7XymZqpbrb3KjgRL8LstMUrCsEA2xoQe_VLvjo=

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Janus
IGN: @JanusHuntress

Thanks GGG for caring so much about your players: https://redd.it/57wexj
Bumping this again too:

POSSIBRU?

Anyone?
"
Brazilski wrote:
Bumping this again too:

POSSIBRU?

Anyone?

This is a witch forum. I dont know enough about scion to give solid feedback.
Hi reoxy, i only have at my disposal a 4L voll's protector, do you think that Cyclone-Cast on crit-Discharge-increased crit chance is fine or i have to farm a whole year to get a 5-6l?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1019674 SCIENCE shop
"
xEverth wrote:
Hi reoxy, i only have at my disposal a 4L voll's protector, do you think that Cyclone-Cast on crit-Discharge-increased crit chance is fine or i have to farm a whole year to get a 5-6l?

U wont survive without life leech, and just 6s and 5l ur chest. Its not that hard.

New video of lvl78 palace. Cant facetank dominus first form coz he shoots some kinda ice laser that does ridiculous dmg, but the second form is easy. Should have probably used ele weakness instead of crot weakness for dominus, but forgot.

Last edited by Reoxy on Mar 13, 2014, 8:38:14 PM
At which point/level does the discharge becomes effective?

I'm level 43 now, having a hard time leveling and super squishy. My gear is kinda bad now, but it's still kinda hard. I used flameblast before, but now that got nerfed. What is the easiest/fastest way to level up a witch till the point where Discharge is usable all the time?
"
Reoxy wrote:
"
Brazilski wrote:
Bumping this again too:

POSSIBRU?

Anyone?

This is a witch forum. I dont know enough about scion to give solid feedback.

Hmmm,.. well it's still based on your build, so I figured class itself wouldn't matter that much. Very much appreciate the honesty though.

I guess, I'm just going to give it a try. I've had good experiences with weird Scion builds before: she's truly very flexible XD

If I succeed I'll make a separate thread about it in the Scion section and make sure to give you some credits.
"
guttinja wrote:
At which point/level does the discharge becomes effective?

I'm level 43 now, having a hard time leveling and super squishy. My gear is kinda bad now, but it's still kinda hard. I used flameblast before, but now that got nerfed. What is the easiest/fastest way to level up a witch till the point where Discharge is usable all the time?

I have a scion version of this build and I leveled up using spectral throw discharge. Keeps you away from mobs and specs more. May need help with bosses though.
"
Reoxy wrote:
"
lordchopf wrote:
Asking again;

ever tried other spells than etheral knives? (Mainly asking because it is alot easier to roll blue than green sockets)

I have not tried any other. But I cant think anything better than ek. Its good to have ele and phys dmg together.

ive tried almost all other attacks linked in and while some look cool (spark looks sweet) they just havent been as damaging. Ice nova and shock nova didn't pack enough punch. Firestorm didnt either and you couldn't see much. Fbs took a huge hit too. I even tried random ones like detonate dead,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info