[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

I was using a pretty decent 5L thicket bow before.

But I picked up a 6L Lioneye's today.

I was able to drop Resolute Technique, and Static Blows (temporarily), and pickup Iron Grip.

Using the same gems (I wasn't using LoH in the Thicket Bow), my DPS went up quite a bit across the board (On hover, LA self buffed with Anger+Wrath is now at just over 3k dps without frenzy buffs).

Here's my updated current lvl 85 spec for Lioneye's Glare.
Last edited by Lazcorp on May 21, 2013, 10:27:31 AM
3000 LA Dps is nice to look at but what about the loss of health/resistances from a rare quiver and the ever present danger of reflect elemental damage?

I have 309 rarity with about 1900 LA DPS using 6 auras (purity,haste,determination,vitality,anger,wrath) and i rarely find killing speed slow.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I'm blood magic, I only use 4 Auras (Anger/Wrath/Grace/Disc) and have around 3700 HP + 500 ES, my resists are +80 to all, apart from Chaos which is only at +5% for now...

Yeah, Elemental Reflect/Lightning Thorns is the only scary thing, you just have to be careful, and only use Frenzy single target when you encounter them.

I'm running Frenzy in my Thunderfist's which is basically a free 5L, the good thing is it leaves my chest open to run a Kaom's (If I can ever chance one lol) which will help my health pool.

Ideally by lvl 90, i'll manage to get myself a Kaom's, and aim for something like this.
Last edited by Lazcorp on May 21, 2013, 10:28:59 AM
Hey everyone. I found this guide after miserably failing my very first character(RoA Ranger), and decided that I would give the shocker a shot. I liked how I could save my first few node points being a marauder vs wasting a few as a ranger. I've been playing right at a month now, so I'm still fairly new.

Unfortunately, even with how helpful this guide has been to me, I've found myself at a standstill. I've seen some other posts that look very familiar to what I'm going through here and am hopeful that someone might be able to help. I know this build was designed for a HIGH elemental DPS Thicket bow. (The bow I was using prior to my issues) However, I'm now trying to transition to a Lioneye's. Here's the current gear and build for any suggestions/help that you may be able to provide! :)

Level 82

Build tree ( I know there's a random dex point taken, I had to have the DEX! )
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABLMFLQx9DjwOrRB_FCAUTRRxFSAY2xkuGjgdFCFgJ-0otSlPKaUqTSyFLOkyCTJ-Mok26TpSPydAoEGqQ5xKfU4qUEdQUFRJVcZWBFb6V-JYY1nzW69fP2BLYIhhUmOnZp5noGe9bqpyqXTtdPF35XrvgpuGYId2jM-PRpAKkFWboZ65n8uiAKcIpzCnhKyquJO53cAaxp7G2M9l0NDUj90N3Ubfv-Nq51LsOO4O7m_vDu9O8B_yL_Pd9kj3Mvjr-tL8TvzF

Gear
Spoiler

previous gear to transition
(bow & quiver)

(Basically I swapped the thicket & quiver for lioneyes and blackgleam)

Defensive stats:
4.3k HP
4.0k HP with auras running (grace, anger, wrath in Alpha's)
8200 Armor (with grace running)
80/80/70/-40 Resistances
147.4 HP Regen/Sec

Offensive stats:
1587 dps @ .41 AT Lightning Arrow Tooltip (without frenzy charges)
6k Frenzy (only 4L'd at the moment, saving for jewelers/fuse for lioneye)

So, here's the main issues at hand right now from the thicket to Lioneye transition:

Cons
1)I just lost my 4L Bear trap & 5L Frenzy. (will get back after I get 5L on my lioneye)
2)I lost a bunch of respec points and 'survivabilty' from specing into Iron Grip (300hp from Finese HP nodes by Finesse)
3)Lost survivability from changing quivers to blackgleam (Lightning Resistance fell to 70%, lost HP)

Total estimated losses: Roughly 600 HP, 10% Lightning Resistance, Respec points, 4 bars of experience from typing this at a waypoint, and meh.

Pros:
1)I've gained around 250-300 LA DPS on the tool tip.
2)I spec'd out of Resolute Tech, can now crit.. even though I have a very low chance of it
3)This pros list didn't take long to type :o

Questions:

Do I need to REROLL or HARD Respec to have a high-dps/high life end-game build now?

Should I focus strongly on the attribute 'strength', now that I have Iron Grip? 1%phs damage/life

How the hell am I ever going to get to 2-3k Lightning Arrow DPS?

Are my defensive stats okay for the level am I'm at? Consider, that I cannot afford Kaoms

Am I making the right decision on swapping bow dps types with the initial build I had, or should I just sell the Lioneyes, and find a better ELE thicket in comparison to my old one?

Is there any way I would be able to run more than 3 Auras, without having to sacrifice too much survivability?

Did I ask too many questions?

Thanks for the help in advanced. I know I'm really second guessing my decision right now! Please make me feel more at comfort~
Last edited by qqnore on May 26, 2013, 12:20:10 AM
I'm happy stacking Elemental Damage with a Thicket bow.
"
_StoneWall_ wrote:
I'm happy stacking Elemental Damage with a Thicket bow.

Okay, I'm not. My lioneyes is 6L now. Got really lucky this morning while fusing it. (Took 5 fusings)

My LA tooltip damage is now sitting around 2k(no frenzy charge) with auras on. (this sounds low)

everything that I listed above is still the same. Does this sound right?

Currently doing LA+LMP+Chain+FA+LOH+WeD
Last edited by qqnore on May 27, 2013, 5:20:15 AM
Would this build benefit any from using Elemental Equilibrium, Since your main source of damage is coming from tri-elemental damage?
"
qqnore wrote:
My lioneyes is 6L now. Got really lucky this morning while fusing it. (Took 5 fusings)

My LA tooltip damage is now sitting around 2k(no frenzy charge) with auras on. (this sounds low)

Dear Sir,

It is time for you to ditch FA gem, replace it with BM gem, and ditch BM keystone. Next thing you're going to do is nearly completely revamp your passive tree.

Pros: (much) stronger character
Cons: costs a few regrets?...

If you're interested in this change, do say so. I'm gladly going to help you out with the new passive tree.

For everyone else still interested in this build; I'm still here and watching the thread, however for the last month I've been working like an animal (8am-4pm + 5pm-2am) every day, so I barely had time to come home, eat and shower, and my gaming habits are completely destroyed for the moment.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
I'm planning to respec to this as my level 94 build

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEswUtDH0QfxLhE1sUTRUgFm8Y2xkuGYUZtBo4HRQhYCP2JKon7SpNLOkt0jIJMn4yiTWSNuk62DrhPC0_J0CgSn1OyFBQVElVxlb6Vw1X4lhjWfNaSFuvXz9gS2TnZp5noGe9bBZuqnTtdPF35Xq4eu-D24d2iPGMz49GkAqQVZHOm6GeuaIAouqmV6cIp4Ssqq6Ttz64k7ndu-2-p8AaxBXE9saexq7G2MrTzZjOcc9l0NDTftSP2WHdDd7G42rnUupi7DjuDu5v7w7vTu_w8B_yL_Pd9kj6sfrS_Ev8xQ==

After trying out BM gem vs BM passive I would definitely favor the former due to versatility and survivalbility.

Assuming your bow is pure physical, the BM gem variant will a;most always do more dps than the BM passive variant.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on May 29, 2013, 3:35:24 AM
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
"
qqnore wrote:
My lioneyes is 6L now. Got really lucky this morning while fusing it. (Took 5 fusings)

Dear Sir,

It is time for you to ditch FA gem, replace it with BM gem, and ditch BM keystone. Next thing you're going to do is nearly completely revamp your passive tree.

Pros: (much) stronger character
Cons: costs a few regrets?...

If you're interested in this change, do say so. I'm gladly going to help you out with the new passive tree.

For everyone else still interested in this build; I'm still here and watching the thread, however for the last month I've been working like an animal (8am-4pm + 5pm-2am) every day, so I barely had time to come home, eat and shower, and my gaming habits are completely destroyed for the moment.

Hey, thanks for the response. I really appreciate the feedback!

I went ahead and respec'd after posting here a few days back. Here's the current build and gear:

Level 84 build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABLMFLQx9Dq0QfxRNFSAWbxjbGS4aOB0UIWAn7Si1KU8ppSpNLOkyCTJ-Mok26TpSOuE8LT8nQKBDnEp9UFBUSVXGVgRW-lfiWGNZ81uvXz9gS2CIYVJjp2aeZ6BnvW6qdO108Xflerh674KbhmCHdojxjM-PRpAKkFWboZ65n8uiAKZXpwinhKyqrpO3PriTud3AGsT2xp7GrsbYz2XQ0NSP2t3dDd1G37_jaudS52PsOO5v7w7vTvAf8i_yRfPd9kj60vxO_MX-Cg==

gear
Spoiler

LA tooltip damage is currently around 2.2k @ .29sec AT non frenzied (2.5k with frenzy)
Life is 4.9k without auras going, 4.5k running grace, wrath, and anger
Armor is 8425
Resistances are 80/80/70/-40

-----------------------------------

I REALLY need to replace my amulet, gloves, boots, and possibly one of my rings soon.
I'm wanting to find more resistances(pref chaos/lightning), life, and damage off of the upgrades. I'm beginning to realize that stacked resistances are fairly important as I'm rolling into higher IIQ/lvl maps. Also considering dropping Alpha's Howl. However, I'm a long ways from making that decision, as I think there are other areas in my equipment that need upgraded first.

Would you still recommend dropping the BM keystone after looking over my new build? Personally, I don't think it would be worth dropping FA for a BM gem. I think my damage would suffer greatly, and it may even play into my versatility as far as dropping the weapon ele damage gem for life leech in maps that roll ele reflect.

I believe I would gain around 4 points for dropping the BM keystone(Not too sure about giving up Unwavering stance). That's 4 points to make up for the 43% increased AS, FA is yielding me in damage. I'd also have to consider the mana multiplier via the BM gem, correct? These are pretty much the cons I've found thus far. Not too sure on the pros yet, but I'm guessing BM gem for FA would be a more aura heavy build.

Just drop in, whenever you get the time. Sorry to hear about the busy work schedule! I bet payday will be nice though! :)
Last edited by qqnore on May 29, 2013, 5:55:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info