[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

"
Vandenreich wrote:
20% just seems so low but with chain and high attack speed it could work fine. Your old build was my favorite closed beta build so i'll prolly try this again next week or so. Also thanks for the explanation.

I'm very glad to hear that. 20% will be high enough, don't worry.

"
Vandenreich wrote:
Anyway, something i've been wanting to ask for a while if it's not too much trouble. (Completely off topic) If you would make a poison arrow/pierce build, what starting class would you use (seeing as it's a bit hard to pull of with marauder I think) and how would you do it? I've been messing around since I really want to play a poison arrow/pierce build (got a 18% quality pierce gem.. 20% in 2 days prolly) but I keep getting stuck at certain points while trying to create a build.

I will think about it and send you a PM with my conclusions.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
"
Vandenreich wrote:
20% just seems so low but with chain and high attack speed it could work fine. Your old build was my favorite closed beta build so i'll prolly try this again next week or so. Also thanks for the explanation.

I'm very glad to hear that. 20% will be high enough, don't worry.

"
Vandenreich wrote:
Anyway, something i've been wanting to ask for a while if it's not too much trouble. (Completely off topic) If you would make a poison arrow/pierce build, what starting class would you use (seeing as it's a bit hard to pull of with marauder I think) and how would you do it? I've been messing around since I really want to play a poison arrow/pierce build (got a 18% quality pierce gem.. 20% in 2 days prolly) but I keep getting stuck at certain points while trying to create a build.

I will think about it and send you a PM with my conclusions.

Yeah, whenever you've got time mate. Beauty about PoE.. I've always got 10 builds at least in my head I want to try out.. Currently dual flame totem templar because I found the unique Searing Flame staff.
Would it typically be better for one to go north first or south? or maybe even a combo?

Edit: nevermind you explained it very well to someone elses post, thanks!
Last edited by Thregenbeck on Jan 28, 2013, 10:09:28 PM
"
Norwind wrote:
Hey your build seems really interesting! As a new player would you mind just giving a brief idea of what type of items I should be focusing on? Also what nodes I should be getting first before it splits N and S since I don't want to make my leveling too hard by going the wrong "route" first

I thought I explained enough of it in the "new players section" on the bottom of the original post.

OK so item wise, you want to pick up Rings, Amulets, Weapons and Quivers with +x-y elemental damage, Armour, Boots, Helmet, Gloves and Belt with HP. That's as simplified as possible, again. There are several other good damage bonuses you can get on some items, such as Weapon Elemental Damage on Belt or Quiver, Attack Speed on Weapon or Gloves... Make sure you get items with plenty of HP and resistances! Survivability is really important, you truly don't want to die, even on softcore.

When you just start up the character, build the core of the build by picking up HP nodes, Resolute Technique, and pick up the extra endurance charges - those will really come in handy until you get stronger gear. The one below RT costs only 1 point you respec later, and the one near Templar tree costs only 2 points you respec later. Then work your way down the tree to pick up Blood Magic (you can safely take it before level 30, you will have plenty of HP and HP regeneration to support it), and then go to the right to pick up the other HP ring.

Here is the 37 points core of the build for a new player, and here is a 57 points expansion on that. At 67 points your build might look like this, and at 80 points like this. Take into consideration this is just a suggestion, as it does depend on which items you find on your way, you want to cover your weaknesses. Either way you go, you might just have a bit easier or harder time finishing the build, but you can't really screw it up. Farm, farm, farm - don't just try to run through the content. By the way, 80 points does not mean level 80 - it is lvl60~, which is easy to reach.
"
Thregenbeck wrote:
Would it typically be better for one to go north first or south? or maybe even a combo?

As I posted above, I believe it is best to kind of mix it. You want to get the elemental damage ring in the templar tree, and blood magic in the marauder tree. Those form some sort of a base from which you expand further depending on what you feel you need.

I am currently using:

While these are obviously not really good items; they serve their purpose for now. I'm playing with two friends in a group, and that makes things so much easier for me, but it also means that most of the nice tanky stuff we found went to my melee marauder friend. I will post videos and screenshots of the gameplay in a couple of days.

EDIT: ignore the clarity gem in boots, I was using that on my double spork templar.
Last edited by VenatorPoE on Jan 28, 2013, 10:27:30 PM
Is lightning arrow the main aoe of this build or split arrow? If its LA when do you start using it?
Really loved playing this build in CB =D
Your explanations were really concise in the original thread and provided the major boost in understanding the passives on the Str side of the skill tree =) the step-by-step guide in particular was massively useful, hope that eventually gets incorporated in to the New Player section =)
"
Skrigg wrote:
Is lightning arrow the main aoe of this build or split arrow? If its LA when do you start using it?

I find Split Arrow + Fork better to start with; LA+Chain starts really shining in the 50s when you get better gear. However the Split arrow combo I do not use to immediately start with because I cannot sustain the mana cost properly, so it's just annoying me.

"
AiSard wrote:
Really loved playing this build in CB =D
Your explanations were really concise in the original thread and provided the major boost in understanding the passives on the Str side of the skill tree =) the step-by-step guide in particular was massively useful, hope that eventually gets incorporated in to the New Player section =)

Do you mean I should expand something in the original post? I set up a New Players section, yeah, but I thought it would provide enough guidance. Would you mind telling me exactly what else you would like to see in there? Thank you for your interest.
what is the best in slot bow for this kind of maras? i've bought Quill Rain (omg for 1 alch orb =)) and now think maybe i should find some better unique or farm for good rare elemental bow?
Venator, a really excellent build.

I've got some relatively similar builds, albeit without the Frenzy charge stacking (a key difference), soon to be posted onto my ranger guide.

The only change I'd personally make is to not spend the 7 points on the ice bite etc nodes and, rather, pick up the 68% incremental increased life you could get - but that's clearly just a personal preferance of tank vs life.

For your consideration, you could also stick to the outer highway south of RT and save a few points that way (albeit lose access to lava lash and the 2x12% life nodes) - again, not better just highlights the flexibility this build has to tweak around the edges, but the fundamental premise is very sound.

Here's a slightly more tanky version than Venator's original, also optimising life nodes to generally only get clusters which deliver >8% life per node. Around a level 80 build.

Tankier version of Venator's Frenzy Bow Shock Mara

By the way - how much IAS does each additional Frenzy charge give, if you use a high level Frenzy or Blood Rage gem to generate said charges? It must be uite hard to keep the Frenzy charges up for AoE if you have to use Frenzy to recharge all the time, no? I assume Blood Rage is only very late game given the new chaos resistance mechancis?

Petrov.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jan 29, 2013, 10:47:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info