[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

IGN : FurioZZ
Last edited by FurioZZ on Jan 30, 2013, 7:03:32 AM
Is it worth running hatred on this if you have blood magic ? I know its 30% loss but if it ends up killing faster should balance ?
Does Iron Grip not effect the lightning projectile damage? Seems like a no-brainer to get something like that if it did, since it's so close to key passives that you are already getting.
"
sandmanza wrote:
Is it worth running hatred on this if you have blood magic ? I know its 30% loss but if it ends up killing faster should balance ?

Unlike Anger, for example, Hatred converts a part of your physical damage into cold damage, which renders it near-useless on a build which has practically no physical damage. Plus the major drawback of high HP reservation, it is a really hard hit on your survivability. If you have 6k HP, it would reserve 2k, with reduced mana cost it would reserve about 1.6k. Not worth it at all, everything considered!

"
hardcorey wrote:
Does Iron Grip not effect the lightning projectile damage? Seems like a no-brainer to get something like that if it did, since it's so close to key passives that you are already getting.

It affects the physical part of the damage before it gets converted to lightning. As I wrote above, your physical damage is unnoticeable, so it wouldn't make a noticeable difference.

If Iron Grip was working like "Increased Projectile Damage", it would be incredibly overpowered.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
FurioZZ wrote:

Lets simplify by using visual comparison.

Your build:
Spoiler

My build:
Spoiler

While your build gives about 35% more damage and 35 more base HP, mine gives about twice as much HP regeneration per second. If we both use Frenzy charges, I also get 15% more attack speed and nearly 40% longer charge duration. Overall while your build is indeed viable, I still prefer mine.

You forgot to take Unwavering Stance, on a minor note, and there are several nodes that can be saved and used in a better way. I would change your passive tree to something along the lines of this.

However; you gave me an idea to maybe switch to this pathing, as it provides slightly more damage than my original one, and a tad more elemental resistances. It does require 101 point; but that's only level 82 or so, which is alright.

Thank you for your interest and input!
Last edited by VenatorPoE on Jan 30, 2013, 10:50:27 AM
Two things.

1) In your new player help you mention using a heavy quiver, but I think you meant light quiver (for the dex bonus)

2) I am not at home atm, so I don't have the nice offline planner to check totals, but I think I have a slightly better skill path...

By losing Arching Blows/Frost bite/Lava lash, and the 2 12% hp nodes by lava lash, then switching up the path to static blows cluster and blood magic I was able to pick up

Elementalist (10% elemental damage, 10 int)
Celestial Walker (10% elemental damage and resistance)
a 5% and an 8% elemental damage node
and life+divine toughness (8% and 18% health)

So thats trading 30% to each elemental+24% health for 33% all elementals, 10% res, 26% health. It also leaves you adjacent to another 8% elemental damage node, and the inner force cluster (which might be useful). It also passes adjacent to another +30 dex node (on the way to static cluster) which can be a useful temporary point.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7fPdrKpyqXzZWfPAGpBVp4QaOOw4V-IyiXflBLMCcRRNogDwHzpS37-GYFYEYVKfyzIJYIgote9OQKAFLWBLeu907cRYJ9UhYHTxnrkshVoaGNtDnA6tKaUUdXRBVvrdRmOn_E53138rMHxRRz7PveaNvwW1DPKly49G0NCboWe97m8OPBRxQar46_cyKU-Cm-QitQRdxkbXpwi4kzLRRUftIOFzz2VVxg==

[edit] Haven't fully looked at everything yet, but I just noticed that the revised build you posted while I was typing this is at least pretty close to my proposed build lol
Last edited by ShadowyDream on Jan 30, 2013, 11:12:43 AM
just a quick question about slots and Quill Rain.
what is maximum slots for that bow? 4?? or i could make it 5-6? where i can find some info about that kind of upgrading equipment?
thx)
"
ShadowyDream wrote:
[edit] Haven't fully looked at everything yet, but I just noticed that the revised build you posted while I was typing this is at least pretty close to my proposed build lol

Your suggestion is alright, and indeed an improvement. The Tough Skin nodes below Static Blows I would definitely get as I level up higher, as they are very efficient. And I will probably change the main build to include the Templar elemental damage nodes instead of the Lava Lash, Ice Bite and Static Blows; because it seems to be a better way to do things. This is why I like receiving constructive criticism!

"
hellse7en wrote:
just a quick question about slots and Quill Rain.
what is maximum slots for that bow? 4?? or i could make it 5-6? where i can find some info about that kind of upgrading equipment?
thx)

Make sure you check the Path of Exile Wiki.

Bows can have 6 slots.

When it comes to crafting gear, I recommend you check out Invalesco's thread, it will make a lot of things clear for you.
Does this build can do well in Merciless ? =/

EDIT : LOL for that answer ^^
Last edited by Manu_333 on Jan 30, 2013, 1:03:20 PM
"
Manu_333 wrote:
Does this build can do well in Merciless ? =/

Does the Pope shit in the woods?

Ummm... yeah.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info