[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

"
VenatorPoE wrote:
I shortened your post slightly for the sake of neatness; I hope you don't mind. Each Frenzy charge gives 5% IAS, for a total of 35% once you have all 7. Keeping the Frenzy charges up for AoE is not hard - when you get to monsters and start shooting, shoot a few single shots with Frenzy to fill up the charges, with the 18% duration nodes charges last for about 12 seconds, and the only thing you need to do is hit a mob every ~10 seconds with Frenzy to refresh the duration of all 7 charges. Much less hassle than keeping Endurance Charges up. Blood Rage is a bit of a bitch, I only added it in as an optional method to use. It revolves around being able to Life Leech more than what you get damaged for. With a high HP regeneration build, you can mostly counter the Chaos Damage purely with the % HP regen per sec, though, and that's what makes it much more easily accessible on this build than most others (excluding CI builds).

Thanks V. Is each Frenzy charge still only 5% IAS if you have a levelled (say level 17) Frenzy gem? 5% incremental IAS for the nodes spent to get the additional charges doesn't feel like a great trade given the prevalence of 3% and 4% IAS nodes around the place? I thought the IAS bonus of each charge got better as you levelled Frenzy or Blood Rage, but I may well be wrong...?

Thanks,
P.
The way Frenzy (the skill) works is it gains bonuses from charges, but the charges do not get bonuses from Frenzy. So for everything else but Frenzy; the charges give 5% IAS.

That's why I really like Frenzy, with a level 16 Frenzy and 7 charges you get 105% attack speed on all Frenzy attacks.

As we discussed in the private messages; I am indeed considering whether getting some other approach would be more efficient. I still get to use 5 Frenzy charges; so technically I would only lose on ~1.5 seconds of charge duration and 10% attack speed! I proposed to you the Duelist nodes, and I believe those will end up being the replacement.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Alright, I came up with a new way to build the bottom right side of the tree.

The old way:
+30% wep ele dmg
+10% increased attack speed
+28% increased evasion rating
+90 dexterity

The new way:
+30% projectile damage (works with the elemental damage!)
+14% increased attack speed
+60 dexterity
+20 strength

Why would the new way be better you might ask - well because of the point efficiency. The old way costs 16 points, while the new way costs 12 points. 4 points less for slightly better results! The remaining points can be spent in picking up extra HP (a few HP nodes around the path which give 8% HP for 1 node, which is solid efficiency) or working your way towards the 30% weapon ele dmg ring.

Thoughts, anyone?
Last edited by VenatorPoE on Jan 30, 2013, 1:59:27 PM
Yeah, how multiple types of multipliers work is something I am also curious as to how it works. IE if I have a "Cold Projectile" and 30% projectile and 30% cold, do I get a 60% boost or a 1.3*1.3=69% boost? Would make getting multipliers of various types more important.

Also, you can still save a point by taking the outside route between RT and BM, even if you duck in to get the 12% life nodes

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7fPdrKpyqXzZWfPAGpBVp4QaOOw4V-IyiXflBLMCcRRNogDZYVcN0iGezacwFCBQRwHnNug6Ut-_hmBWBGFSn8syCWCIKLXvTkCgBS1gS3rvdO3EWCfVIWB08Z65LIVaGhjbQ5wOrSmlZp760h0Uj0bQ0JuhZ73ubylPgpvkIrUEXcZG1-0g4XOLjM9lVca2QWqTGbT6sepi3sa-p82YjX63thcdmy0=

[edit] and as for the Frenzy debate, I think I am leaning towards not needing all the frenzy nodes, but I am still too low level to really play with it. I was already working on a similar build to this (with the goal of conductivity+static blows+chained LA for AoE), and mid way through cruel, frenzy never seemed worth it to me. My main attack is currently a Elemental weapon support linked to both Elemental hit (for single targets) and Split arrow(sometimes rain) for groups. VS trash mobs I typically already 1-2 shot everything with split arrow, so mixing in a frenzy every pack is gonna slow me down, and frenzy does enough damage less than elemental hit (since my base phys damage is so low and my elemental damage+multipliers is so high) that it feels like it would take a pretty sustained fight for the frenzy build to make up for the damage lost while building charges before it switches to firing EHs.
Last edited by ShadowyDream on Jan 30, 2013, 2:11:51 PM
Hi i don't speak very well english ; ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyOzJXK5r2M
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
"
hext wrote:
Level 24 with 855 life. I'm 2 points from Blood Magic. Should I get the Str nodes and then go back up to get more life before taking it?

Hmmm you should show us the exact build you are at right now, it would help. I don't want to blindly give you advice which might hurt your game.

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and waited until 34 where I had around 1100 life. It's working out well so far.

Quick question again, though: Would you recommend I stick with Split Arrow + Wep Ele Damage + Fork + Life Gain until I have a 5L for LA with all the links you explain?
"
ShadowyDream wrote:
Yeah, how multiple types of multipliers work is something I am also curious as to how it works. IE if I have a "Cold Projectile" and 30% projectile and 30% cold, do I get a 60% boost or a 1.3*1.3=69% boost? Would make getting multipliers of various types more important.

As you worded it, I could use an example of Ice Spear. It is a projectile dealing cold damage. Getting 30% cold damage and getting 30% projectile damage would add up to be 60% increased damage. Only nodes and bonuses which say "More" work multiplicatively.

"
ShadowyDream wrote:
Also, you can still save a point by taking the outside route between RT and BM, even if you duck in to get the 12% life nodes

Ah right I see what you mean. That point on the corner above the +30 Dex node becomes free. Good point, thanks!

"
ShadowyDream wrote:
[edit] and as for the Frenzy debate, I think I am leaning towards not needing all the frenzy nodes, but I am still too low level to really play with it. I was already working on a similar build to this (with the goal of conductivity+static blows+chained LA for AoE), and mid way through cruel, frenzy never seemed worth it to me. My main attack is currently a Elemental weapon support linked to both Elemental hit (for single targets) and Split arrow(sometimes rain) for groups. VS trash mobs I typically already 1-2 shot everything with split arrow, so mixing in a frenzy every pack is gonna slow me down, and frenzy does enough damage less than elemental hit (since my base phys damage is so low and my elemental damage+multipliers is so high) that it feels like it would take a pretty sustained fight for the frenzy build to make up for the damage lost while building charges before it switches to firing EHs.

When it comes to building Frenzy charges, people sometimes annoy me a little bit by saying it is hard to maintain them. It is actually even easier than maintaining Endurance charges. You start by building up the Frenzy charges to the maximum amount you can hold, and every time you want to refresh them, it takes 1 more hit with the Frenzy skill to refresh the duration of all the charges you hold. However, past that, in my last review of the passive skill tree you can notice that I went for the Duelist part of the tree, which makes things more enjoyable gameplay wise. If you do not want to build up any Frenzy charges, you do not have to. They are not mandatory like Endurance Charges for melee characters. I've always been saying, when you see a build you are not supposed to copy it necessarily, but rather adapt it to your own needs.
"
hext wrote:
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
"
hext wrote:
Level 24 with 855 life. I'm 2 points from Blood Magic. Should I get the Str nodes and then go back up to get more life before taking it?

Hmmm you should show us the exact build you are at right now, it would help. I don't want to blindly give you advice which might hurt your game.

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and waited until 34 where I had around 1100 life. It's working out well so far.

Quick question again, though: Would you recommend I stick with Split Arrow + Wep Ele Damage + Fork + Life Gain until I have a 5L for LA with all the links you explain?

Well it's not like I actually helped you with that response...

To answer your question; I would personally stick to Split arrow until I get a 5L item for LA, however keep your gems equipped so they level up. You wouldn't want to end up using low level gems once you get a 5L item. If you insist on using 4L LA, go for LA+WED+LMP+LifeOnHit.
Now that you're not getting that last fury charge way up in the upper right, do you still want to go for the max fury charge from the bandit quest? Also, are you going to change the OP to reflect your new decisions?

Also, does this look okay for an endgame build? And why did you stop getting lava lash/ice bite?
Last edited by FabledGumbo on Jan 30, 2013, 4:07:56 PM
I know the frenzy charges are not hard to keep going, I am just not sure if they actually net to a benefit outside longer fights. If my AoE two shots a normal pack, Aoe+Aoe is still going to be faster than Frenzy (to maintain charges)+Aoe+Aoe, even if I am attacking 35% faster. Ignoring other sources of increased attack speed, at 35% from frenzy, it actually does pull ahead if you only frenzy every other pack, but if you space it too far out and lose your charges frenzy will fall behind pretty quickly again.

But as I mentioned, it could just be where I am in the game, since I doubt I will be two shotting things forever and I am actually not super far from the break even point, and as you mentioned, personal preference will also play a roll.

Lets just say, like you mentioned with LA, I am keeping frenzy slotted/leveled even if I am not using it :p

[edit] any thoughts on running Grace/Wrath/anger/maybe discipline and getting the inner force node since its not that far out of the way? I think a properly reduced Discipline might actually give more ES than health you are losing (Chaos damage aside), and more damage/armor (via IR) never hurt. Might be a little much due to BM though.
Last edited by ShadowyDream on Jan 30, 2013, 3:43:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info