[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

"
VenatorPoE wrote:
Do you mean I should expand something in the original post? I set up a New Players section, yeah, but I thought it would provide enough guidance. Would you mind telling me exactly what else you would like to see in there? Thank you for your interest.

Ah, I just think the 'Early game progress made easy' section that you did in the CB version was really useful. Perhaps it fits in more with Skill tree explanation than it does the new player guide now that I think about it... but yea, something like what you posted a few posts ago in the OP would be cool, as it visually shows how the skill tree grows organically from the start (rather than an explanation of it or just the end version) Maybe I just process visuals easier =p but I found the initial Early game progress section a godsend =)
Is explosive arrow a quest reward or world drop?
What level would you try to have Iron Reflex by?
Level 24 with 855 life. I'm 2 points from Blood Magic. Should I get the Str nodes and then go back up to get more life before taking it?
Any suggestions for what to do with the last 13 points? I was thinking maybe iron grip/heavy draw would be decent since you've got all the strength anyway. Or would it be better to grab easy health nodes instead?
Last edited by FabledGumbo on Jan 29, 2013, 9:58:26 PM
Is this shock thing going for worth it ? Instead of getting Iron Grip and small ele circle near it ?

Acutally with Lighting Arrow can make sense , can u check this if it can work good ? Or i have to reroll ... my 65 lvl mara :D

And how about schock apllying , does elemental hit applies schock too ?

And we have to get it becouse without it , schock wont apply from lighting dmg ?
IGN : FurioZZ
Last edited by FurioZZ on Jan 29, 2013, 10:14:01 PM
"
hellse7en wrote:
what is the best in slot bow for this kind of maras? i've bought Quill Rain (omg for 1 alch orb =)) and now think maybe i should find some better unique or farm for good rare elemental bow?

The bow I prefer is a high base attack speed bow; such as a Thicket Bow (1.55). Quill Rain was built from Short Bow if I remember well; which also has base AS of 1.55. However I am not a particular fan of Quill Rain; a nice Thicket with good stats is a monster.

"
mrpetrov wrote:
(...)personal preferance of tank vs life.

(...) the flexibility this build has to tweak around the edges, but the fundamental premise is very sound.

Tankier version of Venator's Frenzy Bow Shock Mara

By the way - how much IAS does each additional Frenzy charge give, if you use a high level Frenzy or Blood Rage gem to generate said charges? It must be quite hard to keep the Frenzy charges up for AoE if you have to use Frenzy to recharge all the time, no? I assume Blood Rage is only very late game given the new chaos resistance mechancis?

Petrov.

I shortened your post slightly for the sake of neatness; I hope you don't mind. Each Frenzy charge gives 5% IAS, for a total of 35% once you have all 7. Keeping the Frenzy charges up for AoE is not hard - when you get to monsters and start shooting, shoot a few single shots with Frenzy to fill up the charges, with the 18% duration nodes charges last for about 12 seconds, and the only thing you need to do is hit a mob every ~10 seconds with Frenzy to refresh the duration of all 7 charges. Much less hassle than keeping Endurance Charges up. Blood Rage is a bit of a bitch, I only added it in as an optional method to use. It revolves around being able to Life Leech more than what you get damaged for. With a high HP regeneration build, you can mostly counter the Chaos Damage purely with the % HP regen per sec, though, and that's what makes it much more easily accessible on this build than most others (excluding CI builds).
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
video please! i want to see it in action
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
Spoiler
"
hellse7en wrote:
what is the best in slot bow for this kind of maras? i've bought Quill Rain (omg for 1 alch orb =)) and now think maybe i should find some better unique or farm for good rare elemental bow?

The bow I prefer is a high base attack speed bow; such as a Thicket Bow (1.55). Quill Rain was built from Short Bow if I remember well; which also has base AS of 1.55. However I am not a particular fan of Quill Rain; a nice Thicket with good stats is a monster.

"
mrpetrov wrote:
(...)personal preferance of tank vs life.

(...) the flexibility this build has to tweak around the edges, but the fundamental premise is very sound.

Tankier version of Venator's Frenzy Bow Shock Mara

By the way - how much IAS does each additional Frenzy charge give, if you use a high level Frenzy or Blood Rage gem to generate said charges? It must be quite hard to keep the Frenzy charges up for AoE if you have to use Frenzy to recharge all the time, no? I assume Blood Rage is only very late game given the new chaos resistance mechancis?

Petrov.

I shortened your post slightly for the sake of neatness; I hope you don't mind. Each Frenzy charge gives 5% IAS, for a total of 35% once you have all 7. Keeping the Frenzy charges up for AoE is not hard - when you get to monsters and start shooting, shoot a few single shots with Frenzy to fill up the charges, with the 18% duration nodes charges last for about 12 seconds, and the only thing you need to do is hit a mob every ~10 seconds with Frenzy to refresh the duration of all 7 charges. Much less hassle than keeping Endurance Charges up. Blood Rage is a bit of a bitch, I only added it in as an optional method to use. It revolves around being able to Life Leech more than what you get damaged for. With a high HP regeneration build, you can mostly counter the Chaos Damage purely with the % HP regen per sec, though, and that's what makes it much more easily accessible on this build than most others (excluding CI builds).

im now at 27 lvl. elem hit is not available, but i tried to equip Quill Rain (3.11 aps, which turn into 3.6 with berserk and my gear) but damage output is extremly low...
will try again with elem hit and some rings with elemental damage bonuses. but for now, quill rain looks like not an option for this build.

i think with mmore tests you need to update 1st post with BiS bows, maybe also rings and quivers =))
regards *)
"
chosk3 wrote:
Is explosive arrow a quest reward or world drop?

I believe Rangers get Explosive Arrow as a Hillock reward.

"
Skrigg wrote:
What level would you try to have Iron Reflex by?

There is no need to rush it, only pick it up once you are taking that side of the tree to pick up the extra Frenzy Charges. Considering you are not getting into the enemies face (or, well, shouldn't!).

"
hext wrote:
Level 24 with 855 life. I'm 2 points from Blood Magic. Should I get the Str nodes and then go back up to get more life before taking it?

Hmmm you should show us the exact build you are at right now, it would help. I don't want to blindly give you advice which might hurt your game.

"
FabledGumbo wrote:
Any suggestions for what to do with the last 13 points? I was thinking maybe iron grip/heavy draw would be decent since you've got all the strength anyway. Or would it be better to grab easy health nodes instead?

The last 13 points? Well if you want to invest those; Iron Grip is a straight out waste of points considering the miserable DPS you get for the point investment. In the Heavy Draw part of that bow ring the only interesting part is the 6% IAS you would get; and it is not worth the investment, with less than 2% IAS per point.
This is what I would do... I would get 2 points into Thick Skin below Static Blows, and spend the rest in the Duelist section to pick up more Projectile Damage and Attack Speed.

"
shnurr214 wrote:
video please! i want to see it in action

As I said; I will post video(s), but all in due time. Generally people like visual things more than walls of text nowadays...
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info