Path of Desync?

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Pretty clear that this guy isn't looking for help... he just wants to gripe. Let him.

Right, and giving him shit for his gear or playstyle isn't helping anyone.

Edit: nvm, lol
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on Mar 1, 2014, 6:03:12 PM

There, happy? ô.ô
Having a big HP pool and resists being capped serves as a buffer to give your character more time to not die before actually dying. This doesn't eliminate desync but makes it more likely that after getting resynced somewhere where you didn't want to find yourself, you have enough HP left to react to the situation and recover from it.

Hope this helped. 1740 hp was what I felt comfortable going into a3c with, finishing with closer to 2k because dying is abit of a bitch if you play on HC and I like to play it safe so I don't have to die to stupid things.
<^..^> - meow!
"
Munkeeh wrote:
Having a big HP pool and resists being capped serves as a buffer to give your character more time to not die before actually dying. This doesn't eliminate desync but makes it more likely that after getting resynced somewhere where you didn't want to find yourself, you have enough HP left to react to the situation and recover from it.

Hope this helped. 1740 hp was what I felt comfortable going into a3c with, finishing with closer to 2k because dying is abit of a bitch if you play on HC and I like to play it safe so I don't have to die to stupid things.

So the moral of the story is: dont have FUN in this game as you want but rather try to find a way to survive without gimping your charakter most of the time. Awesome^^
"
RikuGx wrote:
Really, im tired of this.
I try to get a few exp and level on merciless with my level 64 scion.
I dont follow any real guide or anything so dont nail me on equip or stuff

No matter where i go, be it the crematorium or the Solaris temple i die constantly

No, i dont die couse of my low damage. I got a 3300 dps cyclone wich hits roughly 9 times per second/enemy and each hit restores 26hp

No, i do not die couse of the resistances i got couse with roughly 66% resistance on each element exept chaos damage and 50% on physical damage, i can say i can survive pretty well against a few enemys of MY level or below

No, i dont die couse of the low hp of only 1740 hp i got couse of the reasons i named before

I Die constantly couse the game desyncronizes like hell!
Using an attack and whirling through enemys for roughly 20 seconds. Not even 1 enemy seems to take even 1 damage. What happens? I get teleportet SOMEWHERE in the room, get attacked since 20 seconds and just die without a chance to fight back.
This couses like 9/10 deaths and i just lost a whole level up in a row thanks to this.

Anyone else having this much problems?

As someone whose main character exclusively uses movement skills (cyclone for damage, whirling blades/leap slam for movement), I see several issues with your character:

1) Resists not capped - no way can you turn this is it good, if you desync you're going to take a lot more damage because of it

2) HP too low - `nuff said, 1.7k hp is a joke in merciless. I'm playing a character with that much right now just as a magic finder, and even as ranged wander, one slip-up and I'm dead. Having that little as a melee is a REALLY bad plan unless you have a really good, really careful, and mainly desync/lag-immune build.

3) DPS too low - 3.3k dps is really low for cyclone, you will not kill enemies fast enough, and you also wouldn't get enough from leeching, due to maximum leech/second cap of 20% of your max life. For comparison, my current "fun" character, which is a MF character, is >10k dps at level 62 - my cyclone character has a tooltip of almost 22k at 88 (which I hear is half of my real dps, due to dual-wielding with cyclone not being reflected in the tooltip, but I don't know either way - it clears quickly anyways). Basically, 3.3k dps can get you through cruel easily - not merciless.

4) No life leech - LGoH alone is not sufficient for cyclone. I have roughly 10 rotations/second (or 20 attacks/second, as I dual-wield) on my cyclone (which with my currently level 19 LGoH gem is 42 health per hit, or roughly 840 life/second).
Edit: Noticed there's life leech that I missed, as you have Wurm's Molt, but I'd hazard a guess that, especially with your weapons, your phys damage is a bit lacking; however, 2% life leech from an item is sufficient once you have good phys damage (ideally over 10k).

5) Your understanding of your skills is not sufficient for your stats - you need to understand what causes desync with cyclone and whirling blades (including what supports to not use, such as multistrike on cyclone), make sure you recognize it as soon as possible so you can /oos and stop using the skills for a second, and learn how to survive being desynced.

6) You make no mention of other defenses. Block chance is important, as is being able to do things like blind (which is one reason BoR is popular with Cyclone).

All in all it seems like you have neither the equipment nor the knowledge to have a cyclone character survive merciless - I'd recommend doing something like double/dual strike instead, as that would probably be more in line with what you're capable of pulling off.

Edit: As a note, my duelist is what I'd call a little light on HP (barely over 4k at 88, was around 2.8k at low-mid 60s) - 1.7k at low 60s is just about bloodstain-level hp, because if ANYTHING goes wrong, you have no buffer. >_>
Last edited by Wruntjunior on Mar 1, 2014, 6:24:25 PM
its amazing how everyone goes far off the initial topic
i am tired of desync NO MATTER OF MY GEAR LEVEL HP AND SO ON AND SO ON
i KNOW that my stuff aint TOP TIER as you Pros may think but i wanna play this game just for fun. i dont want to STUDY to play a damn game!
and all ive read so far is: "your gear is shit, learn to play"
even tough i clearly said multiple times that im totally and completly fine with my damage and survivability on enemys of my level as long as i dont desync after every single attack wich is the ONLY thing that gets me killed so far besides obvious reasons like Kole or Piety.

but from what ive learned its NORMAL to desync and its a feature of the game and nothing that would be fixed anytime soon so i rather go back to play ANY OTHER game with only have few lag issues but play perfect fine all the time without desynchronizing
Last edited by RikuGx on Mar 1, 2014, 6:18:19 PM
Players will come(?) and go, but desync is here to stay, sadly.

Yes movement skills like cyclone will teleport you much better than lightning warp even though they're not supposed to.

Running around mobs will desync you, if mobs are fast aswell you're in for a surprise sooner or later.

Fast heavy hitters like Kole will pull you and stun you. While you can anticipate that you might be pulled you can't really do much about it if you don't have the hp or some other defense to survive the stun.

Using /oos is not the way the game should be played.

Accepting desync for better or worse is not what should be tolerated, i'm sure ggg could remove some mechanics to reduce the desync we get until they fix it and reimplement the removed mechanics. Well i'm guessing that some mechanics cause desync and not only bad net code.

Playing around desync means you build for survivability which means you can't really play a kiting/evading kind of style.

Doors and narrow passageways will desync you, i guess every exile has claustrophobia.

And lastly, standing still and shooting will cause desync to some extent aswell.
IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro
"
RikuGx wrote:
i KNOW that my stuff aint TOP TIER as you Pros may think but i wanna play this game just for fun. i dont want to STUDY to play a damn game!
even tough i clearly said multiple times that im totally and completly fine with my damage and survivability on enemys of my level as long as i dont desync after every single attack wich gets me killed so far

but from what ive learned its NORMAL to desync and its a feature of the game and nothing that would be fixed anytime soon so i rather go back to play ANY OTHER game with only have few lag issues but play perfect fine all the time without desynchronizing

The problem is your character simply won't work with your level of gear. Cyclone is not forgiving for low levels of gear even WITHOUT desync because of how it temporarily lowers your control of your character.

Also, if you'd have bothered to read my post, you'd notice that the reason cyclone is getting you killed is because you have multistrike on it - if you take it off, your desync issue will largely go away.

Edit: If I had to hazard a guess, it'd be that you hit a gear wall without recognizing it - try upgrading your gear by farming some. This isn't like Diablo 2 where you can beat the hardest difficulty with no gear - there are gear checks (and walls, if you don't upgrade your gear).

Additionally, spend a few chaos on good weapons - your current ones suck horribly, and that'll do wonders for your damage.
Last edited by Wruntjunior on Mar 1, 2014, 6:21:56 PM
"
RikuGx wrote:
even tough i clearly said multiple times that im totally and completly fine with my damage and survivability on enemys of my level as long as i dont desync after every single attack wich gets me killed so far

If you were "totally and completely fine" with your damage and your survivability, you wouldn't be here whining about how desync is making it impossible for you to progress.

No one would play this game if desync was as bad as you're making it out to be.

"
Pivovar wrote:
Players will come(?) and go, but desync is here to stay, sadly.

Yes movement skills like cyclone will teleport you much better than lightning warp even though they're not supposed to.

Running around mobs will desync you, if mobs are fast aswell you're in for a surprise sooner or later.

Fast heavy hitters like Kole will pull you and stun you. While you can anticipate that you might be pulled you can't really do much about it if you don't have the hp or some other defense to survive the stun.

Using /oos is not the way the game should be played.

Accepting desync for better or worse is not what should be tolerated, i'm sure ggg could remove some mechanics to reduce the desync we get until they fix it and reimplement the removed mechanics. Well i'm guessing that some mechanics cause desync and not only bad net code.

Playing around desync means you build for survivability which means you can't really play a kiting/evading kind of style.

Doors and narrow passageways will desync you, i guess every exile has claustrophobia.

And lastly, standing still and shooting will cause desync to some extent aswell.

So long story short EVERYTHING causes desync and playing the Assassin Style like i do in normal RPG games is plain impossible couse i need a ***-load of hp to even reach the monsters i want to attack. To give that an image. I imagine a shadow who normally sneaks around invisible with dagger, now forced to wear a full body plate wich makes him not only slow but also extremly loud.
Makes sense! and is really fun!

Guess i need to search for a new game for the better of my sanity -.-

Edit: So, i give up, im shit, your all pros, my gear is nothing, i know nothing and i better leave now to dont intimidate the 1337-elite here with my incompetence any longer. Have fun finding ways to "enjoy" this game. Im out.
Last edited by RikuGx on Mar 1, 2014, 6:27:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info