[Guide][HC] Fite's Detonate Dead Build (Scion/Templar/Witch)

Just soloed Olmec's Sanctum on this character. Not too difficult, didn't have to run back to town at all.

Just keep moving and blowing shit up.

Face tank fire dude. Kite everything else.
IGN: Caessa_Undying - 4 FPS Immersive Rain 4 Lyfe!

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822740
Last edited by Caessa on Apr 8, 2014, 7:15:34 PM
Wanted to get some input on a modification to the build. Would running discipline instead of grace be viable? I'm level 81 in invasion with mediocre gear. I have about 4k armor with grace and about 500 unreserved mana with purity of fire, grace, and clarity. I was thinking about dropping grace for discipline. With the amount of increased mana nodes I'm thinking the mana pool and mana regen increases would be fairly significant. Per the defense detail screen, my 4k armor provides ~25-30% damage reduction. I know this amount of armor is pretty trivial for large hits as well. I'm thinking that the extra mana and regen for MoM may be more beneficial than 4k armor. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Is the armor helping me that much?
So I am reaching for lvl 90 in ambush, have finally got some gear that feels complete for the build, 5k life, 2,3k mana (600 unreserved)300 mana regen, all resists at +- 125%
Spoiler
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
"
ViRuS171 wrote:
Wanted to get some input on a modification to the build. Would running discipline instead of grace be viable? I'm level 81 in invasion with mediocre gear. I have about 4k armor with grace and about 500 unreserved mana with purity of fire, grace, and clarity. I was thinking about dropping grace for discipline. With the amount of increased mana nodes I'm thinking the mana pool and mana regen increases would be fairly significant. Per the defense detail screen, my 4k armor provides ~25-30% damage reduction. I know this amount of armor is pretty trivial for large hits as well. I'm thinking that the extra mana and regen for MoM may be more beneficial than 4k armor. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Is the armor helping me that much?

Math time! Ok so I took my projected tree (similar enough I'm sure) which give 57% inc ES, 44% inc Max Mana, 15% aura effect. Also for the sake of simplicity for now I will not worry about mana regen and being able to run higher level arctic armor.

This assumes level 20 auras:
Grace: 2016
Disc: 318
Base Mana: 2000
Reduced Mana Gem: 0.71
Tree Reduction: 0.16
Evasion: 24% tree

2015 * (1 + 0.15) * (1 + 0.24) = 2873 evasion
318 * (1 + 0.15) * (1 + 0.57) * (1 + 0.44) = 827 mana

Mana reservation:
60% reserved + 262 mana

This means with 2000 mana you would have 544 unreserved normally. With Discipline you would have 878 unreserved mana. This results in 334 more mana that can soak up damage.

Armor:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aola0b1my3YOdDBkSG0wOVpfTWk0NldpNHc1NTd0aHc&usp=sharing
Image link: http://imgur.com/J7AlkVa. I plugged your approximate armor values into there so you can see how much damage reduction your armor provides vs physical damage. As you can see the physical reduction provided by Grace is actually not very significant. Especially if you factor in arctic armor negating everything under 250 damage (or more).

Edit: Missed 24% increased evasion rating when posting that image. Results don't really change however.

Conclusion:
It looks like Discipline is quite easily the better option. At the very worst it's as good as Grace, and in most cases it's better.
IGN: Dmillz
Hello again,

In my previous post I have been under too much influence of Pewpewpew's detonate dead guide but as I have built my character I have figured out a stronger solution:

The tree contains a level 70 build.

For the full build, just add in
Spoiler
buff effect nodes, life&mana nodes, elemental damage nodes, damage over time nodes, increased aoe nodes, mana regen nodes and life nodes

in any order&amount you need depending on more survivability/damage/utility. You'll be able to take most of them with 30 points.

The aura effect nodes in the shadow part of the tree ensures that you can run 2x60% auras, 1x40% aura and clarity (without mana reduction)

AND still get around 500-800 unreserved mana depending on your gear.

My final preferred tree at level 100 is:

This gives me approximately (Mediocre gear = carcass jack + 2 chaos each piece):
266% increased life - (5k life with mediocre gear)
99% fire damage, 52% elemental damage
78% max mana (5k mana with mediocre gear)
Approximately 450 ish mana regen (more than enough to run buffed level 26 arctic armour)
80% burn damage, 36% damage over time
24% buff effect on self, 38% aura effect.

I think that mana, mana regen and area increase nodes in scion are absolutely unnecessary. Witch's first 3 nodes are optional and can be swapped out for max life once you get good mana regen gear. I think that shadow area and 21% reserved mana reduction are a MUST and give the option of running 4 auras at once:

Clarity
Grace
Discipline/Purity of Lightning/Determination
Purity of Fire.

Hope this sheds a new light on all :)
This of course implies that Templar is the most efficient character class for the build.

Edit: Corrupting a shield cannot provide the 5th aura since it reserves mana so we are stuck with a maximum of 4 auras.
Last edited by Mothren on Apr 10, 2014, 2:44:13 PM
@Mothren: The problem is that tree gives you basically no HP until late-game, there's no way will get to level 70 points in Invasion with that little HP early. I agree with several of your ideas, the scion start is crap IMO, as well as being able to respec a few nodes out of witch late-game depending on gear.

This is a much more HC viable build for the same points. After this you can go into the Shadow area or wherever you want.
"
Mothren wrote:
Edit: Corrupting a shield can provide a level 16 determination, grace or discipline skill. If that doesn't reserve mana while providing the aura, then you can run 5 auras and have even more armour.
It does reserve the mana, it just allows you to use that aura without using a gem slot.
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on Apr 10, 2014, 2:29:56 PM
"
Dmillz wrote:
@Mothren: The problem is that tree gives you basically no HP until late-game, there's no way will get to level 70 points in Invasion with that little HP early. I agree with several of your ideas, the scion start is crap IMO, as well as being able to respec a few nodes out of witch late-game depending on gear.

I am playing on ambush so yeah, taking the shadow area and any kind of straight elemental damage in late-game can be the trick for invasion variants.
Thanks for the corrupted shield reply, I won't try and corrupt a saffell's with those mods then :)

Edit: However you can think of corrupting the helmet for an extra 3% to 5% mind over matter which will be good for invasion builds :)
Last edited by Mothren on Apr 10, 2014, 2:47:52 PM
IGN: Caessa_Undying - 4 FPS Immersive Rain 4 Lyfe!

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822740
Leveling a variant of this (not the same tree, but same idea).

Have a

to look forward to :)

[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
CantripN wrote:
Leveling a variant of this (not the same tree, but same idea).

Have a

to look forward to :)

I got 1 too, but to be honest at lvl 93 I just prefer the supreme truth most for the 5% xp and +1 lvl gems or I would love the perfect scepter *.*, about dmg well is kinda the same when u just 1 shot packs.
No Fun Allowed
“Seek not greater wealth, but simpler pleasure; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info