[Guide][HC] Fite's Detonate Dead Build (Scion/Templar/Witch)

what zorox said

would also like to add that the 10% increased burning damage/life regen nodes are a classic GGG noobtrap as the 6% fire nodes double dip
Beyond league.
interesting! but the build is some way rely on semi expensive unique item.
Please RNG give me a fishing rod !
bookmark
"
what zorox said

would also like to add that the 10% increased burning damage/life regen nodes are a classic GGG noobtrap as the 6% fire nodes double dip

Sorry I guess im a noob. why are they are noob trap and what do you mean the 6% fire nodes double dip.
"
Poobah wrote:
I'm thinking I'll grab more fire damage damage nodes (pretty sure they work with detonate dead?)

Yes they do!

"
Poobah wrote:
Also I'd like to throw in a suggestion for the guide - have a second detonate dead gem somewhere that you are leveling up as you play so you have one ready to use the 20% quality recipe on, since the 60% cast speed from quality is no joke.

Cool idea but I think I'll just end up buying a decently high Quality one instead of waiting for a level 20 Gem.

"
NagiSoi wrote:
Seems like a good build for fresh league to build wealth... Sad thing there are kind only few things that boost your damage, carass and scepter and ofc amulet with some fire damage but thats it.

Good thing this build doesn't need stuff that increases damage! the level of the zone we're in does that for us!

"
ZoRoXo wrote:
Really should picked a higher lvl map than a pier if you want to show if the build is reflect proof or not, which I'm pretty sure it's not.

I will upload at least one more Video soon enough of some 75+ Map(s) with reflect, this seems to be a huge concern and yes it can become a problem if you're completely and utterly careless and just fire away blindly.

"
ZoRoXo wrote:
Also in your full build you took elemental dominion in the witch area, that node does not work on detonate dead, you're better of spending them on fire walker instead if you want damage.

This build is still new to me so I didn't know this, someone else actually already told me this and I've fixed that!

"

Reflect is no joke on high level maps, I'd take the burn nodes every time.

"
Zeddekus wrote:
Sorry I guess im a noob. why are they are noob trap and what do you mean the 6% fire nodes double dip.

You gain 6% Fire Damage on the impact of DD, making the resulting burn stronger as well.
Last edited by Fite on Feb 28, 2014, 2:16:49 AM
I played something like this in Domination. I found course imune maps a chore. If you don't want to play temp chains and 75% fire resis either, you end up rerolling maps a lot. What is your opinion on that?
How well does this do against piety? you say it's for new players, i think most new players would prefer to grind piety some time before heading into maps.
I made a very similar build, and had a couple questions.

Why do you not use a Increased Burning Damage support gem? Seems like it would work nicely here.

Why don't you stretch to the "Entropy" DOT cluster that's semi-close to Eldritch Battery? It'd cost you 6 points [3 travel INT nodes, and +45% DOT]. This brings my total DOT bonus to +81% [compared to your +36%], which is a nice bonus to burning damage.

Any reason you didn't go for the "Faith And Steel" wheel to the left of the Templar's health area? Seems like bonuses to both ES and Armour would benefit this character a fair bit.

Overall, you went more life-centric than I did [+266% vs. my +186%], and I went higher defense [+44% armour, and +99% ES vs. your +52% ES] and higher damage [+41% elemental damage vs. your +31%, +54% fire damage vs. your +42%, and +81% DOT vs. your +36%]. The life vs. defense are a bit of a wash, and I might still change mine up, but I'm curious on the damage nodes. Seems like this build would benefit more from the "hit hard, hit once" mindset.
"
derberherbert wrote:
I found course imune maps a chore. If you don't want to play temp chains and 75% fire resis either, you end up rerolling maps a lot. What is your opinion on that?

Temp Chains, Enfeeble, Fire Resist, LMP with retches, Reflect & Half-Regen, Minmax. . . .
Yeah, a lot of maps are a chore, but that's the same to almost any build out there.
More often than not I just suck it up :p

"
Sulfuri wrote:
How well does this do against piety? you say it's for new players, i think most new players would prefer to grind piety some time before heading into maps.

It does 'okay'. It's not a burning miscreations summoner, killing her in 0.347 seconds but she dies very quickly (so does Dominus!). I'll upload a video for that too, thanks!

"
Athen wrote:
Why do you not use a Increased Burning Damage support gem? Seems like it would work nicely here.

Yes it would! I may switch it for Increased Area or Conc Effect at some point. Right now my damage is not a problem at all and I 1-2 shot 75 Map Bosses.

"
Athen wrote:
Why don't you stretch to the "Entropy" DOT cluster that's semi-close to Eldritch Battery? It'd cost you 6 points [3 travel INT nodes, and +45% DOT]. This brings my total DOT bonus to +81% [compared to your +36%], which is a nice bonus to burning damage.

Like I said on reddit, 6 nodes for 7.5% DoT damage for 6 nodes, rather poor trade. But I will consider moving there because of the life cluster next to it.

"
Athen wrote:
Any reason you didn't go for the "Faith And Steel" wheel to the left of the Templar's health area? Seems like bonuses to both ES and Armour would benefit this character a fair bit.

I'm not in harms way enough to actually have a 'need' for the extra Armour and I'm doing fine on Mana/Regeneration.

"
Athen wrote:
Seems like this build would benefit more from the "hit hard, hit once" mindset.

Not really, You want to do large hits sure, but you don't want them to be too large either due to reflect on high-level Maps. At the end of the day it's always the repeat hits that do the damage.
Added Piety & Dominus Video, Reflect Map(s) coming as soon as I rolled some!
(I tried, 40 Chaos in I used up all the Maps I had with rolls I simply can't say no to.)
Last edited by Fite on Feb 28, 2014, 2:54:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info