[Guide][HC] Fite's Detonate Dead Build (Scion/Templar/Witch)

how does it work with spell totem?
nvm, didn't see reflect part at first in guide
Last edited by shirusen on Feb 28, 2014, 3:50:37 PM
"
Witowt wrote:
how does it work with spell totem?

kinda badly, spell totem targets randomly so it could mean exploding mobs from the previous pack behind you. I had a cool idea doing the build as CI with a lot of crit/crit multi and using totems - might be awesome might be complete garbage.
what I rather meant was how does that '50% less damage' totem mod apply: to the physical damage part, or to the fire explosion and subsequent burning damage?
"
Witowt wrote:
what I rather meant was how does that '50% less damage' totem mod apply: to the physical damage part, or to the fire explosion and subsequent burning damage?

both assuming 50% less works the same as 69% more from concentrated effect.

77 Reflect Map Video added, enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zosHfBeDR8
Last edited by Fite on Mar 1, 2014, 1:12:28 PM
I have tried this on my Templar that had a free respec from ages ago. He's now close to lvl 60, and while I like the playstyle of running INTO mobs I've tried the very same links on Fire Trap and it does the exact same amount of damage, while offering slightly better singletarget DPS (unless you have lots of mobs around to explode on them, which doesn't happen as often as I would like).

So, I'm not sure if you can answer this, but what would you say makes this build superior to a Fire Trapper, or even a Crit Trapper?
IGN Iiyoru (Ambush League)
"
DLimited wrote:
I have tried this on my Templar that had a free respec from ages ago. He's now close to lvl 60, and while I like the playstyle of running INTO mobs I've tried the very same links on Fire Trap and it does the exact same amount of damage, while offering slightly better singletarget DPS (unless you have lots of mobs around to explode on them, which doesn't happen as often as I would like).

So, I'm not sure if you can answer this, but what would you say makes this build superior to a Fire Trapper, or even a Crit Trapper?

the simple and beautiful fact that your damage is always proportional to the zone's level.
Also I think fire trap blows because it needs to recharge.
I just started this build the other day because I had some of the required gear laying around. So far so good! I am curious about the Increased Burning Damage gem though... would like to try it out, but I'm not sure which gem to replace :/ Any plans to experiment with it?
IGN: Sin
"
I just started this build the other day because I had some of the required gear laying around. So far so good! I am curious about the Increased Burning Damage gem though... would like to try it out, but I'm not sure which gem to replace :/ Any plans to experiment with it?

I have! Unfortunately the only reasonable thing to replace would be Increased AoE because all others will out-damage Increased Burning any day.
However you could swap Fire Penetration for Burning to be a little safer vs. Reflect for example.
"
Fite wrote:

Not really a problem as long as you use some common sense. Due to high-level Arctic Armour (up to Level 26 AA is possible!), Mind over Matter and Purity of Fire, Reflect should not be a problem as long as you don't mindlessly blow up high-Life mobs against large groups.

AA is useless vs relfect dmg from Detonate Dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info