[Guide][HC] Fite's Detonate Dead Build (Scion/Templar/Witch)

Pretty impressive, thought you'd be taking more damage on the reflect map.

I'd suggest refunding the 4% area nodes at the start and instead speccing them into flask effect (below deep wisdom). You can get 3% extra max fire resist that way as well as 30% better life, granite and quicksilver flasks.
Beyond league.
"
Automatorr wrote:
AA is useless vs relfect dmg from Detonate Dead.

hating is useless vs my swag so get rekt bro

"
Pretty impressive, thought you'd be taking more damage on the reflect map.

I'd suggest refunding the 4% area nodes at the start and instead speccing them into flask effect (below deep wisdom). You can get 3% extra max fire resist that way as well as 30% better life, granite and quicksilver flasks.

I should've taken more damage, I didn't realize until afterwards how much desecrate I blew up rather than actual 77 mobs but I'll make another video of reflect soon.
Cool idea on the flasks nodes, no fucking way I'm ditching the area nodes though.
Thanks for the build. I'm looking to try it out (posting so I have it for reference later). Appreciate the guide!
IGN: xTouchingDeadx
"
Automatorr wrote:
"
Fite wrote:

Not really a problem as long as you use some common sense. Due to high-level Arctic Armour (up to Level 26 AA is possible!), Mind over Matter and Purity of Fire, Reflect should not be a problem as long as you don't mindlessly blow up high-Life mobs against large groups.

"
As of Version 0.11.2 Arctic armour reduces any physical or fire damage taken from reflect.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Arctic_Armor
"
Syncness wrote:
"
Automatorr wrote:
"
Fite wrote:

Not really a problem as long as you use some common sense. Due to high-level Arctic Armour (up to Level 26 AA is possible!), Mind over Matter and Purity of Fire, Reflect should not be a problem as long as you don't mindlessly blow up high-Life mobs against large groups.

"
As of Version 0.11.2 Arctic armour reduces any physical or fire damage taken from reflect.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Arctic_Armor

I dont said that its not working. I said that its useless because you mitigate minor dmg(200-300) from very big hit. Not worth high investment in mana regen gear imo.
Last edited by Automatorr on Mar 2, 2014, 7:00:15 AM
A very interesting build! I'm considering using this build for the new league as going life will definitely be easier than going CI at the beginning of a league.

Apologies for showering you w/ questions, but:
How much total mana + mana regen should I be shooting for to achieve the 300 mana regen per sec?

What would be the proper steps to handle half regen (turn off AA?)/ no regen (need unique mana flask?) maps?

Since I don't see anyone ask it on here or reddit, what would be the proper measures for -max + elemental reflect? Swap one of the blue gems to a spell totem maybe?

Last edited by diffor on Mar 2, 2014, 2:57:57 PM
"
diffor wrote:
Apologies for showering you w/ questions, but:
How much total mana + mana regen should I be shooting for to achieve the 300 mana regen per sec?

probably around 300% total regen from gear & passives

"
diffor wrote:
What would be the proper steps to handle half regen (turn off AA?)/ no regen (need unique mana flask?) maps?

don't run through it like a kenyan.
No, seriously. I have a mana pool of something like 600 so if I just take it a litle easy it's fine.

"
diffor wrote:
Since I don't see anyone ask it on here or reddit, what would be the proper measures for -max + elemental reflect? Swap one of the blue gems to a spell totem maybe?

reroll map or use remote mine instead of conc effect.
on Sub-72 Maps it should be okay to self-cast even if you're not super careful - but in general I'd say it's just not worth the risk.

Is there a reason you use purity of fire instead of discipline? Could you not just switch in purity for reflect or otherwise scary fire maps?
wrong thread. sorry
Last edited by derberherbert on Mar 3, 2014, 1:11:38 AM
"
Is there a reason you use purity of fire instead of discipline? Could you not just switch in purity for reflect or otherwise scary fire maps?

is there a reason for using Discipline? I don't need more effective life except for reflect maps :)
Also the switching around would just annoy the shit out of me
Last edited by Fite on Mar 3, 2014, 4:23:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info