[Guide][HC] Fite's Detonate Dead Build (Scion/Templar/Witch)

need an updated tree pronto!
This is Major Tom to ground control.
Respecced my lvl 95 templar and tested it on Atziri, used a 17/20 DD gem, Doryani's belt and mace, the damage is still good but the slower cast speed is the biggest drawback. And the cast speed nodes isn't that great either I must say, but seems its worth getting the Mental Rapidity nodes and as much cast speed on gear as possible. Gonna test with faster casting in a 6-link and take out IAOE gem... Lost about 400 life but gained some es/mana compared to last tree..
I didn't go down to the dmg over time nodes, seemed to far way, but perhaps they are worth it idk...

heres a link to the nodes I took, didnt go very deep into it for optimizing, just focused on life , elme dmg, mana regen, aoe, mana, And EB/MOM/IR.

edit: oh, btw, does any1 know if it best to get 10% es nodes or 10% mana nodes when running eb/mom? Just have to test I guess...
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Last edited by Dkodr on Aug 20, 2014, 11:57:57 PM
Is faster casting the way to go now instead of increased area of effect? And is getting even more cast speed on the tree worth the points?
Last edited by Troublesumm on Aug 21, 2014, 5:29:37 AM
Hmmm... those DD gems linked (from stardard league) have 0.85 sec cast time...

But:

"
Chris wrote:
Detonate Dead: This now deals entirely fire damage. It deals 8% of corpse life as well as flat damage. The damage increase per level has been significantly increased. The base cast time has been decreased from 850ms to 800ms. Quality on this skill now offers substantially less cast speed, from 60% cast speed at 20 quality to 20% cast speed at 20 quality.[/li]

Gems from new challenge leagues have 0.8sec cast time?
in rampage they seem to have the same, 0.85 CT not 0.8
Hey Fite , i did your detonate dead build with templar and i loved it so much but now i'm affraid to take my passive notes back , because of the changes to the tree and the nerf to the castspeed of DD.
Do you think its still vailable now ? or give some tips .

TY greetz
my ing is killwitches

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info