[Guide][HC] Fite's Detonate Dead Build (Scion/Templar/Witch)

"
I'd love to hear from someone who tried this build in the new leagues and found the DD damage very lacking in the mid-game (as I do), but discovered that DD became very good later on.

Well, this build finally started clicking for me. I think it was when I added Concentrated Effect. In fact, until you get a 5-L, I would recommend CE as a component in any 4-L setup.
Thanks Caessa.

- What would be stronger? A 5Link Carcass, or a 6 link hybrid Es chest? I am currently running in Standard leagues
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
"
Daresso wrote:
Thanks Caessa.

- What would be stronger? A 5Link Carcass, or a 6 link hybrid Es chest? I am currently running in Standard leagues

imo the 6th gem slot is just for utility, I have a 5l carcass (love the aoe, skipped all the 4% aoe nodes) and a 6l saintly chainmail. Pretty much using all the time the carcass. When i'm solo the 6l just to add item rarity. I'm levelling also an enhance just to try it
No Fun Allowed
“Seek not greater wealth, but simpler pleasure; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity.”
"
Blackmogg wrote:
"
Daresso wrote:
Thanks Caessa.

imo the 6th gem slot is just for utility, I have a 5l carcass (love the aoe, skipped all the 4% aoe nodes) and a 6l saintly chainmail. Pretty much using all the time the carcass. When i'm solo the 6l just to add item rarity. I'm levelling also an enhance just to try it

Thanks mate!
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
"
Blackmogg wrote:
"
Daresso wrote:
Thanks Caessa.

I'm the opposite.

is my choice in gear.

It all comes down to personal preference. My build is much tankier but I do lose damage. I never found my damage lacking though so I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Personally I prefer a 6L over a 5L Carcass because I can socket in an Increased Burning gem to help mitigate even more reflect.

I've tried to kill myself on double reflect packs. No deaths yet.
IGN: Caessa_Undying - 4 FPS Immersive Rain 4 Lyfe!

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822740
Last edited by Caessa on Apr 20, 2014, 10:51:53 PM
Even with carcass jack on 5l, I haven't killed my self if I tried being careful. I've only killed myself on a minus max and double ele reflect while cursing them plus shock stacking and EE. I also killed my self pretty quickly just on a regular reflect pack cuz I forgot my AA. To me AA is the most important thing, I ddnt think it would mitigate so much reflect damage even if I actually 1 shot packs. ( I have lvl 25 AA from voideye ring)

Also, if u're having problems with reflect, u can just swap detonate dead with fire trap, I haven't really noticed tha big of a difference, prolly it's just cuz I haven't ran a 75+ map with it (I ran out of 76 77 78 maps lol)
Last edited by Dumblet on Apr 21, 2014, 12:05:45 PM
On an ele reflect 78 map if I detonate a rare+ corpse yep 100% dead, blue corpse are scary. 1 hit is enough to be at less than half life or also dead if too many mobs are around.

If it's just a champion in a non ele reflect map I'm 100% fine no matter what, as a long I don't detonate on it a rare corpse.

If I have to do an ele reflect map I always switch to Rise of the phoenix plus 3 ruby flasks for the 102% fire resist, immune to reflect.

My last dead been on 91 from a palace box, the ice nova 1 shotted me... a chemist box...

Nearly 94 (70%) so far so good :)

No Fun Allowed
“Seek not greater wealth, but simpler pleasure; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity.”
Last edited by Blackmogg on Apr 21, 2014, 4:45:12 PM
I consider my build to be Potato-Proof.

Basically double curse and just do shit without thinking. I hate having to micromanage my characters so I built mine to be able to just walk and not care. Think of it as a casting RF character. :P

I tried grabbing more DPS gear and nodes but noticed no difference so I said: "why not just make my guy idiot proof because I play like shit?"

I've never killed myself to reflect on this character despite my shitty awareness. Last death was to Palace Dominus with Haste and GMP. >_> I just hit 90 and I thought... "What could go wrong?"

Yeah...

Screen was ghosts.

I stopped at 92 and 25%. My mapping group has stopped and they've all rerolled, playing invasion, or doing real life shit so I made a Glacial Cascader until I feel like mapping again.
IGN: Caessa_Undying - 4 FPS Immersive Rain 4 Lyfe!

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822740
Last edited by Caessa on Apr 21, 2014, 10:59:02 PM
Ye it's bulletproof. The only difference I notice in taking the 8% fire nodes is on the rares but it's marginal, the build really doesn't need extra dmg.

Also I tried the doryani's catalyst and it's not worth it, better have +gem lvl.

2x curse it's op, I use the doedre ring just for dominus phase 1 and It melts.

Turbo dominus is scary, it desync a lot and sometimes teleport + istant touch of god >.>
No Fun Allowed
Last edited by Blackmogg on Apr 22, 2014, 4:53:31 AM
Are there any players who run this build as CI or Energy Shield based version?

I was wondering if it could be more efficient since you would basically only need to take notes from the top of the skill tree and don't travel to grab IR or MoM. So far i tried only to theory craft it but i'm struggling when it comes to comparing CI/Energy Shields actual tankiness vs a common Life+MoM build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info