[Guide][HC] Fite's Detonate Dead Build (Scion/Templar/Witch)

Fantastic guide, Fite. This phrase of yours is great:
"
The Higher the Zone/Map, the better our Deeps & Clear Speed!

I have a question. What do you think of Saffels Frame versus Rise of the Phoenix on hardcore leagues?
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwSzBVsI9A5cEHQRUBJpFE0VIBZvFxwXLxjbGYUabB8CJKoo-imlKk0s6S0fMYg1kjbFNuk8BT1fPydBh0V-RtdKfUrITLNOKlJTUq9VxlXWW69dxmBtZOdnoG0ZbqpxeXTxeQN6qoCkgh6Cx4M4hTKHdojxi3qLjI9Gl5WX9Jrgna6f36IApwinK61KtQS18rc-uJPAVMHzzSbPZdDQ2CTbC90N3fPhc-L342rkIuvu7SDvfPAf89356PrS_MX-Cg==

Ended up building this character today. Level 80. I am really excited about running a level 24 Arctic armor.

-I need about 30 more mana regen to run it without any degen. Any tips? I know I can upgrade my helmet and boots to get more ES.
-Also any single target boss tips? Vaal Spark isn't quite doing it for me, but perhaps because I need to link it to Lightning Pen and Fork.

Thanks.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Last edited by Daresso on Apr 16, 2014, 11:57:51 PM
"
Daresso wrote:
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwSzBVsI9A5cEHQRUBJpFE0VIBZvFxwXLxjbGYUabB8CJKoo-imlKk0s6S0fMYg1kjbFNuk8BT1fPydBh0V-RtdKfUrITLNOKlJTUq9VxlXWW69dxmBtZOdnoG0ZbqpxeXTxeQN6qoCkgh6Cx4M4hTKHdojxi3qLjI9Gl5WX9Jrgna6f36IApwinK61KtQS18rc-uJPAVMHzzSbPZdDQ2CTbC90N3fPhc-L342rkIuvu7SDvfPAf89356PrS_MX-Cg==

Ended up building this character today. Level 80. I am really excited about running a level 24 Arctic armor.

-I need about 30 more mana regen to run it without any degen. Any tips? I know I can upgrade my helmet and boots to get more ES.
-Also any single target boss tips? Vaal Spark isn't quite doing it for me, but perhaps because I need to link it to Lightning Pen and Fork.

Thanks.

Spoiler

470 Regen with this setup at 92. Not a fan of the Carcass Jack for this build at all. Personal preference.

As for single target, just place bodies and keep blowing them up. They really should be melting. Searing Bond can help though I've been using it less and less.

Also, a lot of bosses you wanna be kiting anyway so you can wait for them to burn.

Soloing Palace Dominus was pretty easy (even on 2x HP, buddy died) just burn and run.
IGN: Caessa_Undying - 4 FPS Immersive Rain 4 Lyfe!

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822740
can some one help me out please , I want to run a higher AA currently lvl 16 but I suffer from degen here is my current gear

Spoiler

and this is my current passive tree

i have very low HP for my lvl see image attached

Spoiler
"
can some one help me out please , I want to run a higher AA currently lvl 16 but I suffer from degen here is my current gear

Spoiler

and this is my current passive tree

i have very low HP for my lvl see image attached

Spoiler

You need a few more maximum mana affixes or a large increase in energy shield. Remember that mana regeneration affixes work best in conjunction with a large mana pool - eschewing one in favor of the other is suboptimal.

Your life affix sum is decent; the problem lies in your lack of increased life nodes from the tree - you're around 100% increased life below the prescribed build.

If you can afford a gear upgrade, do so. You're looking to gain mana and improve your life affixes, if possible. Regardless of gear, grind some more levels in a fairly safe area and dump some points into life nodes.
I actually find it really hard to die to reflect, the only time i died to reflect is when i triple shock stacked all mobs, proc'd elemental equilibrium, have them double cursed with ele weakness and flammability against 20+ mobs, with 12~ or lower i still don't die.

my_gear

also, that's without using a ruby flask or purity of fire, just lvl 24 AA

(I also tried the same thing with a triple reflect (2 rares right next to each other with reflect auras, prolly doesn't stack but hey lol. around 8-10 mobs, i ddnt feel a thing. no flasks pop'd)
Last edited by Dumblet on Apr 18, 2014, 7:27:34 PM
Thanks to the advice on Mr SilkTopHat i have increased my HP to almost 3.9k and my base mana pool to 2k. Im not sure if i should change my Atziri's Foible the corruption is think is OP but lost all that base mana regen ?

but i did get this last night

Detonate Dead lvl 1 23% Quality

One more bit of advice is what is a good single target combo for bosses/hard rares DD on its own is way to slow for the map bosses, or where with my gear could I push for more dps

Spoiler
vs reflect u can use remote mine too, but it's a bit annoying.
No Fun Allowed
“Seek not greater wealth, but simpler pleasure; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity.”
"
Thanks to the advice on Mr SilkTopHat i have increased my HP to almost 3.9k and my base mana pool to 2k. Im not sure if i should change my Atziri's Foible the corruption is think is OP but lost all that base mana regen ?

but i did get this last night

Detonate Dead lvl 1 23% Quality

One more bit of advice is what is a good single target combo for bosses/hard rares DD on its own is way to slow for the map bosses, or where with my gear could I push for more dps

Spoiler

Personally I find leech unneeded at all in this build in end game content but that's up to you in the end.

Also, for single target, either keep detonating and burn them (this aint no crit 1 shot bosses build) or have a searing bond and manually detonate too.

Personally I stopped noticing our slower single target DPS because end game bosses aren't meant to be facetanked anyway so i just kite them to death. Don't notice myself killing them any slower than my guildies running buzzsaw, summoner, and the like.
IGN: Caessa_Undying - 4 FPS Immersive Rain 4 Lyfe!

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822740
"
or where with my gear could I push for more dps

Spoiler

It's my understanding that the +spell damage on the wand doesn't benefit detonate dead. So a scepter with +elemental damage and similar other stats would be preferable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info