[Guide][HC] Fite's Detonate Dead Build (Scion/Templar/Witch)

So I've been thinking about doing a similar build but noticed that Fite doesnt pick his MoM untill very very late game.

Do you think that altering the build to pick more mana reservation nodes/increased mana/es nodes would be a viable way to go about it?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjJ_f4XM8Be0g73xG14M4XcYUTbUEBLOiAOQi8B8CcRpsna4ZhfPdpwgSaSSquJOPRhccNunr7tDQcXnjavrSKPp6qs9lFy9XyZrgVcZk5zyORZ0Wb1XW6rqApLQMkydGcRzcgwl_xm-eoqMnqcpKwfNabRmGwzqCHiQ8rEebtVYt2wunXOssGYqsf0lRKk37CRUg9tos6YPbGo_dDfxLW6_8xc5xTioY22egbBYppXTxrUqHdoUyUq9Kfc0mgW-ePE3YjHaCx_no3fNgbQ==

The more mana reservation nodes/aura effect nodes etc should allow me to somewhat easily get close to 3k mana or maybe even more while running discipline/clarity/grace and maybe purity of fire.

Without purity of fire I should have close to 1k mana pool free and with it around 500 mana free with MoM.

My life would still be at a decent level- 214-ish %.

LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
andkamen wrote:
So I've been thinking about doing a similar build but noticed that Fite doesnt pick his MoM untill very very late game.

Do you think that altering the build to pick more mana reservation nodes/increased mana/es nodes would be a viable way to go about it?

You can format these links, by the way.

The more mana reservation nodes/aura effect nodes etc should allow me to somewhat easily get close to 3k mana or maybe even more while running discipline/clarity/grace and maybe purity of fire.

Without purity of fire I should have close to 1k mana pool free and with it around 500 mana free with MoM.

My life would still be at a decent level- 214-ish %.

Short answer: probably, but you need pretty good leveling gear to pull it off well.

Mind Over Matter is a late-game addition to most builds that use it. Just about every mana resource available to you improves dramatically with late-game gear; even the difference between mid-game and late-game energy shield values is significant.

Let's compare summaries of the two builds: your build, Fite's build. It's worth noting that Fite's build uses a few more points than yours does.

The notable differences are that your build has more armor, evasion, energy shield, and reserves less mana with auras. On the other hand, it has less mana, mana regeneration, life, area of effect radius than Fite's build.

Let's look at how the two stack up.

Armor and evasion don't do the heavy lifting when it comes to protecting this character. Arctic Armour and Mind Over Matter do that. More quantitatively, a build such as this is unlikely to achieve substantial effective armor ratings because other gear affixes are simply more important to us. I consider this a minor detriment to your build when compared to Fite's because you only spent a few points explicitly getting physical protection.

Energy shield is a big win on your build's part - 58% increased maximum versus 0%. If you have a few high-energy shield pieces you plan to use, this could be the most substantial positive departure from the recommended build. I will note that high energy shield is somewhat difficult to achieve early in the game; while this does help you in the end, it doesn't necessarily help you early. Fortunately, Discipline helps you in this aspect.

The mana reservation could be another significant boon if the magnitude is appropriate. Your build reserves ~52% of the listed value to run an aura with a level 15 Reduced Mana gem - which amounts to ~63% + 178 mana to run Discipline, Grace, and Clarity (still assuming level 15 gems). If you can achieve 2000 mana at this level, this combination will leave 562 unreserved mana. 562 isn't large, but it's not terrible to end up with for a mid-level EB user.

Your build has less mana (68% versus 56%) and mana regeneration (160% versus 140%) than Fite's build. You'll need to get higher energy shield rolls to make up the difference. When examined in conjunction with your build's superior energy shield, I think this point is mostly neutral - the main point here is that you'll be looking for large energy shield affixes on gear rather than mana affixes.

Your build achieves less life than Fite's build. Assuming you end up with good life affixes on all of your rare pieces, I estimate that you could reasonably reach ~4300 life with your build versus ~5000 with Fite's level 90 build. That's pretty significant - especially when you consider your effective life with Mind Over Matter: ~6150 versus ~7150. I think this is the most significant detriment to your build when compared to Fite's.

Last: Fite's build trumps your build in area of effect radius soundly: 52% versus 20%. Gems and equipment can mitigate this difference somewhat, but going from one to another would definitely be a notable difference - especially if you don't use the Increased Area of Effect gem.

Separate from the passive trees - your choice not to run Purity of Fire is one that you may regret. If you achieve high enough mana in the late-game, I would consider running it - damage reflection becomes a much more serious issue when you start blowing up higher-level corpses in maps.

In summary, I think your build is viable. Depending on your gear, you may be able to take Mind Over Matter earlier. You'll probably struggle to keep both of your mana and life up while leveling. In order to maximize the benefit of the nodes you've taken, you'll want gear with high energy shield rather than mana rolls.

Thanks for the question - this was an interesting comparison to make. Hopefully my thoughts are of some benefit to you.
Last edited by SilkTopHat on May 2, 2014, 3:42:07 PM
Has anyone tried Elemental Equilibrium with this build, using a non-fire spell totem (for example arc-spell totem-faster casting, or ice nova/shock nova instead) to further reduce fire resistance? I tried it out in an EE map but I'm not sure how effective it is to take up the keystone.
Last edited by blueblacklogcake on May 3, 2014, 9:56:42 AM
"
Has anyone tried Elemental Equilibrium with this build, using a non-fire spell totem (for example arc-spell totem-faster casting, or ice nova/shock nova instead) to further reduce fire resistance? I tried it out in an EE map but I'm not sure how effective it is to take up the keystone.

u can just run double curse with boots or ring.

To boost even more dmg all u need is to take all the fire dmg on tree and run a doryani's + the fire dmg belt or the searing staff, imo it's not really needed, better to be safe than sorry The dmg in high maps it's already insane.
No Fun Allowed
“Seek not greater wealth, but simpler pleasure; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity.”
Sup Detonate Dead people!

Just wanna share my thoughts on this build.

From lvl 60 - 68

This is my build as 68
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwSzBVsIZxJpFE0VIBccFy8YPBjbGYUabB8CJKoo-ipNLOktHzWSNsU26TwFPV8_J0GHRZ1G10p9SshMs1JTUq9VxlXWW69dxmTnZ6BtGW6qcXl08XqqgKSCHoLHgziD24Uyh3aI8YuMj0aTOpeVmuCdrp_fogCnCK1KtQS18rc-uJO9J8HzzSbPZdDQ2CTbC90N4XPjauQi6-7tIO988B_z3fno-tL8xf4K

Over all this build is very solid. I play on invasion and havn't had any issues with it yet. Tho the single target can be very slow at times. But I guess its something you can fix with a weapon switch with searing touch/bond.

My clear speed is perfect in 66-67 maps(havn't tried higher yet), lunaris and docks etc..

Though, I don't get why you go for Iron Reflexes... For me I can't see why, as your armor won't get higher then 5k anyway. And with a high lvl Artic Armor it should deal with the small hits that the 5k armor normally do. The scary part with this build is high one shot hits, and for me evasion seems better. As if you have a % chance to evade a high phys hit + CWDT Enduaring cry + immortal call deal with most if u get hit.

So I picked Purity of Fire, Clarity, Dicipline and Artic Armor. This why it's a lot easier to get the mana regen needed for a high lvl artic armor aswell.

I would switch out Dicipline for Grace when I can manage to run Artic Armor without and then still not pick Iron Reflexes, because I still find evasion better then armor in this senario.

One thing more. around 60-72 ish you will be lacking a good HP pool. You will be sitting on a 3300-3600 hp until you get more HP nodes. Just a note ;) But around 72+ you should be on 4k - 4.3k atleast.

My gear looks like this:

I will try to switch my boots out with EV/AR or pure Armor to get 4 red links for CWDT setup.

Still a lot of space to work on for sure. But as 68 it fits alright.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ @kazmio

^ 8600 armor (20k with granite) 5800 hp 800free mana 480 mana reg. I like the armor and IR =) and on reflect the usual rule, don't blow up rares/boss and u are fine
No Fun Allowed
“Seek not greater wealth, but simpler pleasure; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity.”
"
Blackmogg wrote:
^ 8600 armor (20k with granite) 5800 hp 800free mana 480 mana reg. I like the armor and IR =) and on reflect the usual rule, don't blow up rares/boss and u are fine

Care showing your gear? What you have sounds amazing.. but I am sitting on a rough 4k armor with IR and the mana regen is not near as good as it is with dici on... I got 242 mana reg at lvl 68... Maybe I just need more lvls and get the rest hp / mana / reg nodes
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ @kazmio

ye pretty high level here

gear
Spoiler

build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAnEEBwSzBVsHYwhnCPQMfQ5cEHQQfxJpFE0VIBZvFxwYPBjbGYUabB8CJKoo-imlKk0s6S0fMYg1kjbFNtg26TwFPV8_J0GHRX5FnUbXSn1KyEyzTdhOKlJTUq9VxlcrW69dxmBtZ6BsFm0ZbqpxeXNTdPF5A3qqgW-CHoLHgziD24Uyh2WHdogbiPGLjIx2j0aTOpeVmuCcLZ2unjyf36IApwitSrUEtfK3PriTvSfAVMHzxp7NJs5xz2XQ0Ngk2wvdDd3z4XPjauQi6-7sVe0g73zvhfAf89356PxL_MX-Cg==
No Fun Allowed
Man thats really sweet gear. Well, I think I have to get some more lvls then switch to grace :)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ @kazmio

IR and AA work great together IMO. Both combined are even stronger at completely shutting out most attacks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info