[Guide][HC] Fite's Detonate Dead Build (Scion/Templar/Witch)

"
Caessa wrote:
94%? What? o-o I have 89% without any flask up and 102% with flask up. Are you running RotP and Purity of Fire?

If you go block you won't be able to go for MoM + AA then. The points needed would be too far apart. I think it could potentially work. Getting about 60% spellblock would be highly useful though reflect, when it gets through, will hurt a lot more.

I've played a block character before and it was very nice, especially with Aegis. I don't know how block would affect this build and its lack of leech so i guess... test it out...? or someone else who's tried it already can add input.

As said, using block *instead* of RotP. Using a 36 baseblock shield, + 4 implicit corrupted block stone of lazwhar + the 16 block from the area right next to sovereignity puts you at 56 block. With rainbowstrides, lazwhar and the passive, thats 90% block to spellblock, putting you at 50%. With my build i could manage that till 80 (with mom and EB)
If you corrupt a shield with aditional 4% spellblock, you are at 56/54, if i manage to get to 90 you could add 10/9 to that ie. 66/63

My question, more specifically, is if the spellblock can potentially outweight the lack of RotP max resist loss, or if i should just give in and buy one. The setup above would most likely make me more tankier in general, and weaker to reflect.

90 points build
Spoiler
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgAAAnEEBwSzBVsIZw5cEHQSaRRNFSAWbxccFy8YPBjbGYUaMhpsG8gdFB8CJKooxSj6KaUqTSzpLR81kjbFNtg26TwFPydBh0MxRX5FnUbXSn1KyEw1TLNOKlFgUq9VxlXWW69dxl4TZOdnoGwWbRluqnB9cXl08XqqgKSCHoLHgziD24Uyh3aIG4jxi4yPRpM6muCdrp_fogCnCKmVrK-tSrUEtfK2Qbc-uJO9J8Hzw4bNJs5xz2XQ0Ngk2wvdDeFz42rkIueR6-7sVe0g73zvhfAf87756PrS_Ev8xf4K

edit: wrong build
Last edited by Cataca on Apr 5, 2014, 2:33:43 PM
What does Elemental Profilation do? DD burns all tagerts.
IGN: Javana
"
Cataca wrote:
"
Caessa wrote:
94%? What? o-o I have 89% without any flask up and 102% with flask up. Are you running RotP and Purity of Fire?

If you go block you won't be able to go for MoM + AA then. The points needed would be too far apart. I think it could potentially work. Getting about 60% spellblock would be highly useful though reflect, when it gets through, will hurt a lot more.

I've played a block character before and it was very nice, especially with Aegis. I don't know how block would affect this build and its lack of leech so i guess... test it out...? or someone else who's tried it already can add input.

As said, using block *instead* of RotP. Using a 36 baseblock shield, + 4 implicit corrupted block stone of lazwhar + the 16 block from the area right next to sovereignity puts you at 56 block. With rainbowstrides, lazwhar and the passive, thats 90% block to spellblock, putting you at 50%. With my build i could manage that till 80 (with mom and EB)
If you corrupt a shield with aditional 4% spellblock, you are at 56/54, if i manage to get to 90 you could add 10/9 to that ie. 66/63

My question, more specifically, is if the spellblock can potentially outweight the lack of RotP max resist loss, or if i should just give in and buy one. The setup above would most likely make me more tankier in general, and weaker to reflect.

90 points build
Spoiler
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgAAAnEEBwSzBVsIZw5cEHQSaRRNFSAWbxccFy8YPBjbGYUaMhpsG8gdFB8CJKooxSj6KaUqTSzpLR81kjbFNtg26TwFPydBh0MxRX5FnUbXSn1KyEw1TLNOKlFgUq9VxlXWW69dxl4TZOdnoGwWbRluqnB9cXl08XqqgKSCHoLHgziD24Uyh3aIG4jxi4yPRpM6muCdrp_fogCnCKmVrK-tSrUEtfK2Qbc-uJO9J8Hzw4bNJs5xz2XQ0Ngk2wvdDeFz42rkIueR6-7sVe0g73zvhfAf87756PrS_Ev8xf4K

edit: wrong build

I will give a hesitant no.

My reasoning is, best case scenario, you get 75% spellblock. The 25% of reflect that gets through will hit you much much harder. I've had too much to drink so my math is probably fucked up but you take 57.89% more damage from reflect I believe. 89% (like mine) only lets 11% through. Losing RotP = 19% get through.

Not to mention investing into block = either no MoM or AA or losing both which means a ton more damage goes in.

I'd say it would work BUT you'd have to be much more careful because if it DOES get through you're going to have a bad time.

"
Orlog wrote:
What does Elemental Profilation do? DD burns all tagerts.

Because it doesn't burn all targets. You miss a few. Ele Prolif makes sure everything burns to death.
IGN: Caessa_Undying - 4 FPS Immersive Rain 4 Lyfe!

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822740
I'm having a lot of fun with the build, <3 Fite
and just for lol 1 shot 6 bosses

Spoiler
No Fun Allowed
“Seek not greater wealth, but simpler pleasure; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity.”
i think there's some small mistake with templar side nodes ( lv 80 skill tree link )

[ Templar side ]
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGeTOhW4vSfIWxg8ljL56ILHQYco-rc-6-7-CriTeqqI8acImuA1kp2u2CSPRkWdtfIabBJpNsXQ0G6q5CIZhfPdFxwfAs9lSsi1BCSqcXkEB1XGPyddxjbpTLOXlSpNRtfjavrSLR9SU5f0FSAXL20ZPV8s6YPbZOdFfsHz3Q1V1oIeW6_8xYCk2wtOKhjbZ6AppXTxrUqHdoUyUq9Kfc0mFE0Es6IA8B8CcVwMKU_sOFfid-UyiU3YjHY62A==

his tree contains the following :
10% > 8% > 12% = 30% elemental damage > 40% Mana regen rate ( 4 skill points )
4% / 4% increased Radius of Area skills ( 2 skill points )
Amplify 12% increased Radius of Area Skills , 8% increased area damage ( 1 skill points )
( 7 points in total )

Reworked by me ( i guess if no one did this yet )

8% > 24% > 8% = 40% Elemental damage <With weapons> ( 3 points )
^ gaining you another 10% More elemental damage,
- your using a weapon for this build not a FB so i don't see why not?

Faith and Steel node ( 1 point )
( 20% armour , 16% increased max ES , 8% to all elemental resistance )
+
Armour & ES node ( 1 point )
( 8% increased armour / 6% increased max ES )
+
20 STR ( 2 points )

( 7 points in total )

but the risk of following mine you would end up losing
4% / 4% increased Radius of Area skills ( 2 nodes )
Amplify 12% increased Radius of Area Skills / 8% increased area damage ( 1 node )
40% mana regen rate ( your using clarity gem right? )

- also somehow there was a +10 DEX node added in the level 80 tree
That is elemental damage with weapons, it does not apply to spells.
So this node, only applies to fixed elemental damage you do with weapon skills. Like glacial hammer, or lightning arrow, and the like.

Also, the 40% mana regen is quite important, as well as the radius skills.
Last edited by Cataca on Apr 6, 2014, 8:57:22 AM
"
Cataca wrote:
So this node, only applies to fixed elemental damage you do with weapon skills. Like glacial hammer, or lightning arrow, and the like.

thanks, didn't know anything about that :)
can you maybe give me a list of skills gem that is related to that "Fixed elemental damage" ? would actually works for others too if they decide to not just use DD and desecrate
"
lioncage wrote:
"
Cataca wrote:

can you maybe give me a list of skills gem that is related to that "Fixed elemental damage" ? would actually works for others too if they decide to not just use DD and desecrate

With weapons implies an attack. So any gem labeled "attack"
"
lioncage wrote:
"
Cataca wrote:

As previous poster said, any skill involving an attack. Basically, if you mouse over a skillgem, there will be keywords. Any skillgem involving attack benefits of this
. This only applies to fixed elemental damage from weapons, jewlery and conversion.
Some examples.

As opposed to
notice the lack of the "attack" keyword. Those will benefit from elemental damage nodes only. And spell damage.
The pure "elemental damage" nodes will also apply to weapon skills, but not vice versa.

It gets tricky when it comes to detonate dead, because the corpse explosion is not the actual spell effect, so spell damage will not affect the blast, only the physical damage (that is negligible at best), so you need to either go for elemental damage nodes or fire damage nodes (or both).

Double dipping in weapon ele damage and ele damage will only weaken your overall effectiveness tho, if you want a secondary skill, go for things that are bonused with your build allready. Examples would be (if you go for the build in the OP)
Fireball (both aoe nodes, elemental damage nodes, fire nodes)
Flameblast (same as above)
Searing bond (only elemental damage and fire nodes, but very useful as a distraction for mobs, only needs 2 links to be effective, heavily benefits from all the burning and damage over time nodes)

Best choose from the above 3.
Got lucky today and 6 linked a Searing Touch on Ambush. Any suggestion on what to put in there? Have a 6L Carcass Jack that I am using for DD. I have followed everything on this guide for the most part and am really enjoying the build. Thank you for posting it and for the updates!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info