[Guide][HC] Fite's Detonate Dead Build (Scion/Templar/Witch)

"
Caessa wrote:
oh fudge.

level 91 but i only get 1% from 76 maps and 3% from 78s.

Guess i won't be getting Faith and Steel anytime soon. >_>

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVysHY-aBwFR5Awj0MYgQdA5cRX5tGS0fwfNMs4IeBAdQMNsLl5UfAtteUlM2xZwt6-Q9X9gkNtiHZV8qpwjvhbiTna6PRogb6-4MfRpsEmnQ0OxVKPp6qhB_5CIZhfPdFxzPZYLHmuDGnrUEJKpxeVXG-ehFnV3GNukWb0GHRtfd8-Nqtz7tIGBt_grhc4jxi4w1kp_ftfI8BW6q73xKyIM4PycUTSpNBLOiABUg8B-BbwJxLOmD25483Q38S03YW6_8xc5xjHZOKhjbZ6BsFimlrUqHdlKvSn3NJg==

Debating if I should spec out of the 2 armor/es nodes and get life or head somewhere else...

you're missing the best flask nodes for witch

unless u desperatley need the int( i dont think u do since u have 300+)

i suggest this

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVysHY-aBwFR5Awj0MYgQdA5cRX5tGS0fwfNMs4IeBAdQMNsLl5UfAtteUlOX9DbFnC3r5D1f2CQ22IdlXyqnCO-FuJOdro9GiBvr7gx9GmwSadDQ7FUo-nqqEH_kIhmF890XHM9lgsea4MaetQQkqnF5Vcb56EWdXcY26RZvQYdG193z42q3Pu0gYG3-CuFziPGLjDWSBVuf37XyPAVuqu98SsiDOD8nFE0qTQSzogAVIPAfgW8CcSzpg9uePN0N_Etbr_zFznFOKhjbZ6BsFimlrUqHdlKvSn3NJg==

that's all i can see for now. maybe drop an AoE node and something else to try and just grab faith and steel? perhaps the templar mana regen or HP regen. you really need 160%+?

you could also possibly drop the templar 1% regen. since you have growth and decay + shaper.

it also depends on what u need right now.
Last edited by Weed on Apr 4, 2014, 4:17:28 AM
"
Weed wrote:
I love blowing up countless stuff but do u have anything to use for single target? Without having to cast desecrate under it all the time?

My build right now is Detonate Dead. I use Searing Bond totem to help distract and deal out more DPS. I mostly rely on burning damage to finish the opponents.

Single target is a pain though. I've considered just adding a 4-L Flameblast just to instigate kills / be able to aim a spell without a corpse (i levelled with FB and SB mostly) and then just blowing up the corpses after that.

Desecrate doesn't do enough to kill with chaos damage.

Is it worth having Faster Casting on Desecrate? Cus if not then I can just have a 3L Warp - Cast - Duration

and then put desecrate somewhere else.

that would free up my 4-L for Flameblast - Fire Pen - Cast - Conc Effect

Thanks

I personally keep a leveled flameblast that I switch out with ele prolif in my 5 link for dd when I get to Piety. Flameblast with Conc Effect/Chance to Ignite/Fire Pen does good damage + my searing bond totem I can kill her much faster than spamming dd/desecrate.
"
Drunner wrote:
"
Weed wrote:
I love blowing up countless stuff but do u have anything to use for single target? Without having to cast desecrate under it all the time?

My build right now is Detonate Dead. I use Searing Bond totem to help distract and deal out more DPS. I mostly rely on burning damage to finish the opponents.

Single target is a pain though. I've considered just adding a 4-L Flameblast just to instigate kills / be able to aim a spell without a corpse (i levelled with FB and SB mostly) and then just blowing up the corpses after that.

Desecrate doesn't do enough to kill with chaos damage.

Is it worth having Faster Casting on Desecrate? Cus if not then I can just have a 3L Warp - Cast - Duration

and then put desecrate somewhere else.

that would free up my 4-L for Flameblast - Fire Pen - Cast - Conc Effect

Thanks

I personally keep a leveled flameblast that I switch out with ele prolif in my 5 link for dd when I get to Piety. Flameblast with Conc Effect/Chance to Ignite/Fire Pen does good damage + my searing bond totem I can kill her much faster than spamming dd/desecrate.

Nice, thanks for the tip. I will probably do something like this. Probably keep it in my weapon swap or something for bosses. I decided that Faster Casting on Desecrate is good now so I will probably be keeping it, but I don't like reduced duration on Desecrate though. It lower's the duration by 2 seconds (not that I relied on the chaos dmg.. but still, it's less overrall). We'll see what happens.

You're certainly right that using Dese+DD on a boss or other high HP minion takes a long time, since the corpses that spawn aren't going to do much to massive HP monster (and the Desecrate delay). I don't know how Fite can "one and two shot" map bosses. I just don't see how that's possible.

Last edited by Weed on Apr 4, 2014, 12:44:32 PM
"
Weed wrote:
"
Caessa wrote:
oh fudge.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVysHY-aBwFR5Awj0MYgQdA5cRX5tGS0fwfNMs4IeBAdQMNsLl5UfAtteUlM2xZwt6-Q9X9gkNtiHZV8qpwjvhbiTna6PRogb6-4MfRpsEmnQ0OxVKPp6qhB_5CIZhfPdFxzPZYLHmuDGnrUEJKpxeVXG-ehFnV3GNukWb0GHRtfd8-Nqtz7tIGBt_grhc4jxi4w1kp_ftfI8BW6q73xKyIM4PycUTSpNBLOiABUg8B-BbwJxLOmD25483Q38S03YW6_8xc5xjHZOKhjbZ6BsFimlrUqHdlKvSn3NJg==

Debating if I should spec out of the 2 armor/es nodes and get life or head somewhere else...

i suggest this

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVysHY-aBwFR5Awj0MYgQdA5cRX5tGS0fwfNMs4IeBAdQMNsLl5UfAtteUlOX9DbFnC3r5D1f2CQ22IdlXyqnCO-FuJOdro9GiBvr7gx9GmwSadDQ7FUo-nqqEH_kIhmF890XHM9lgsea4MaetQQkqnF5Vcb56EWdXcY26RZvQYdG193z42q3Pu0gYG3-CuFziPGLjDWSBVuf37XyPAVuqu98SsiDOD8nFE0qTQSzogAVIPAfgW8CcSzpg9uePN0N_Etbr_zFznFOKhjbZ6BsFimlrUqHdlKvSn3NJg==

that's all i can see for now. maybe drop an AoE node and something else to try and just grab faith and steel? perhaps the templar mana regen or HP regen. you really need 160%+?

you could also possibly drop the templar 1% regen. since you have growth and decay + shaper.

I was debating grabbing those and the Int nodes. The problem here is that Int gives me mana + regen. I like sitting at 480 regen. When I get back today I'll do some testing and see if dropping 30 int is worth it. But I am also dropping one AoE node. I have no use for it. When I hit 92 I should have F&S.
IGN: Caessa_Undying - 4 FPS Immersive Rain 4 Lyfe!

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822740
Single target damage with DD is a mixed affair. If you can position a large number of magic monsters and/or rares next to a map boss, you're good to go. If not, well it's gonna take significantly longer.

That's why I have a 4-linked fire trap to help out (Fire Trap + Fire Pen + Conc Effect + Chance to Ignite). It's not the greatest obviously, but it helps out while I'm DDing down the boss, etc.
How I fight single target:

Dual Curse
Desecrate
Detonate Dead
Run like fuck and cry like a little bitch
Come back 10 minutes later and pick up loot

"
Caessa wrote:
"
Weed wrote:
"
Caessa wrote:
oh fudge.

i suggest this

I was debating grabbing those and the Int nodes. The problem here is that Int gives me mana + regen. I like sitting at 480 regen. When I get back today I'll do some testing and see if dropping 30 int is worth it. But I am also dropping one AoE node. I have no use for it. When I hit 92 I should have F&S.

Ahh I see. Okay I wasn't thinking about the +Mana regen from the base %. If it gives you the regen you need then keep it, obviously ;P
Hallo, why dont you take Fire dmg nodes?
IGN: Javana
I was thinking about getting some blocknodes/spellblock with lazwhar/rainbowstrides and a highish baseblock shield (and possibly some block on corrupted gear/block aura)

Would that mitigate not using the rise of the phoenix shield? You'd only potentially get up to 94% fire res with all flask nodes but get up to 50-60 spellblock (realistically).

thanks.
"
Weed wrote:

Ahh I see. Okay I wasn't thinking about the +Mana regen from the base %. If it gives you the regen you need then keep it, obviously ;P

Well I tested it out. My Regen is still 470 while taking out those 3 nodes and my unreserved dropped by like 10. All in all, I didn't lose TOO much. I think I'll keep the flask nodes. Thanks for the feedback!

"
Orlog wrote:
Hallo, why dont you take Fire dmg nodes?

You can grab Immolation instead of Entropy BUT you become more susceptible to reflect. Fite's build tries to mitigate the initial hit as much as possible as that is what gets reflected.

"
Cataca wrote:
I was thinking about getting some blocknodes/spellblock with lazwhar/rainbowstrides and a highish baseblock shield (and possibly some block on corrupted gear/block aura)

Would that mitigate not using the rise of the phoenix shield? You'd only potentially get up to 94% fire res with all flask nodes but get up to 50-60 spellblock (realistically).

thanks.

94%? What? o-o I have 89% without any flask up and 102% with flask up. Are you running RotP and Purity of Fire?

If you go block you won't be able to go for MoM + AA then. The points needed would be too far apart. I think it could potentially work. Getting about 60% spellblock would be highly useful though reflect, when it gets through, will hurt a lot more.

I've played a block character before and it was very nice, especially with Aegis. I don't know how block would affect this build and its lack of leech so i guess... test it out...? or someone else who's tried it already can add input.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info