[Guide][HC] Fite's Detonate Dead Build (Scion/Templar/Witch)

"
RediusMaximus wrote:
"
Eregoth wrote:

While 4k life is a decent place to start doing maps, you seem to be lacking armour. I started maps with ~7k armour with Grace (not using AA) and that was fine.

I started mapping with 3.3k life and even now, level 85, I'm sitting at 4k health and 3.8k armor with Grace.

How in the hell did you get your armor so high, and without sacrificing mana regen from ES? Don't get me wrong, I'm able to do pretty much any map (I reroll ele reflect, because why not), with the exception of the 74 maze map boss. Fucking laser just eats me alive. I haven't built up a pool of 75+ maps, so I can't comment on 76,77, and 78 maps, but given that the 66 maps are the same, difficulty wise to me, as the 75 maps, I can't imagine it's that big of a jump.

my current gear

Waiting to 6 link my carcass jack...

Sitting at 4k Life, 4k Armor myself. I've been running 75/76 maps and, unless there are huge damage multipliers (Vuln, % damage increase, etc...) I don't really notice the hits. More Armor would be nice but I also don't want to lose my precious mana.

EDIT:

And Vaal Maze is very easy. I just ran one with no cursing and Ele Equilibrium (basically i do no damage :D).

Spoiler

Just keep moving. If you run in a circle around him his lasers will always miss. Never stay in melee range to avoid smash. Boom, now nothing he does will harm you. Just keep burning and moving.
IGN: Caessa_Undying - 4 FPS Immersive Rain 4 Lyfe!

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822740
Last edited by Caessa on Mar 23, 2014, 3:35:00 PM
"
RediusMaximus wrote:

my current gear

Waiting to 6 link my carcass jack...

Not sure if you are aware but according to http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Arctic_Armour reduced mana doesnt work on arctic armour.
what about the new atziri belt? i think its amazing belt for dd and a must now.
life leech for the fire damage will amke us op
so I have a question don't get me wrong I love soloing maps but.... I get shit drops yellow mobs drop me white items... cause I have no iir/iq so if I cant get dropds I cant progress my gear.... so what am I to do? do I switch out pieces of gear with magic find on it on last hit on bosses or what? anyone have any suggestions?
"
RediusMaximus wrote:
"
Eregoth wrote:

While 4k life is a decent place to start doing maps, you seem to be lacking armour. I started maps with ~7k armour with Grace (not using AA) and that was fine.

I started mapping with 3.3k life and even now, level 85, I'm sitting at 4k health and 3.8k armor with Grace.

How in the hell did you get your armor so high, and without sacrificing mana regen from ES?

You don't need that much ES to run a lvl 21 AA (I quit at lvl 84 - chaining 75-77 maps was boring /shrug) and I got some decent drops while leveling.

Gear

I still consider this gear fairly mediocre, but there were simply no options for upgrades on poe.xyz.is by the time I quit playing that character.
Ingame names:
Eregoth_DD
Eregoth_Reave
Last edited by Eregoth on Mar 23, 2014, 7:52:55 PM
well that's all end game is is maps they will be boring period lol any of that gear u have for sale? caus ei cant find anything close to that on poe xyz
"
kenx wrote:
well that's all end game is is maps they will be boring period lol any of that gear u have for sale? caus ei cant find anything close to that on poe xyz

Nah I'll keep my gear. I might want to play this character later. But seriously, this gear isn't anything special (except for the wand - that thing is pretty beastly).
Ingame names:
Eregoth_DD
Eregoth_Reave
what should I fo about iir/iq?
"
kenx wrote:
what should I fo about iir/iq?

Get it where you can without sacrificing too many important stats. As for the support gems, I wouldn't bother. Maybe IIR instead of Inc. AoE on a 6L, but that's still not really worth it.
Ingame names:
Eregoth_DD
Eregoth_Reave
As Fite mentioned, this is not really an ideal MF build. However you can get decent MF: I'm running a very similar one to Fite but it's on standard (not gonna bother with Mind over Matter), and I have ~100 IIR. This only nets me around 1.5 inventory of vendorable junk per map though (at ~20-30 IIQ map quality). I manage to also squeeze in 5.1k health or so.

This is my gear: traded for the Carcass Jack and 5-linked it myself; everything else is self-found. This is standard so I have a lot of accumulated gear... Obviously it's going to be much harder to get this type of gear on the new leagues.
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info