[Guide][HC] Fite's Detonate Dead Build (Scion/Templar/Witch)

"
kenx wrote:
whats a super fast way to level gems?

and also im 81 sitting at about 4k life and 1.7k mana I still feel so undergeared and my regen is about 200 I dunno whatelse to do really as I got pretty good gear

Gear

I have carcuss jack siting in my vault just not 5 linked yet
what should I replace im still short about 35 ligtening resists

also im getting hit pretty hard even with aa maybe cause its not lvl 20?

While 4k life is a decent place to start doing maps, you seem to be lacking armour. I started maps with ~7k armour with Grace (not using AA) and that was fine.

Also while Saffel's is awesome, it kinda sucks for non-reflect maps since it has nearly no armour, ES and no life.

TL;DR Drop Saffel's for a decent armour (or evasion)/ES shield with life, get more armour/evasion on gear and you should feel a lot safer (Carcass will also give you a lot more survivability)
Ingame names:
Eregoth_DD
Eregoth_Reave
Last edited by Eregoth on Mar 22, 2014, 3:05:10 PM
whats the order you suggest to quality gems?
but es= mana= aa so are u saying swap out my evasion es for armour es or just strait armor/evasion? cause if I don't have enough es I wont be able to regen my aa
all-new revised guide video and dominus effect finally are finally here, enjoy!
(they're processing atm)

Also changed/improved the guide a lot over the last few days, let me know in a PM or on twitch if you feel there is something missing or something to be improved :)
Last edited by Fite on Mar 22, 2014, 5:06:15 PM
"
Fite wrote:
all-new revised guide video and dominus effect finally are finally here, enjoy!
(they're processing atm)

Also changed/improved the guide a lot over the last few days, let me know in a PM or on twitch if you feel there is something missing or something to be improved :)

Great work, any tips on taking on Atziri with this build? From the videos I've seen the task seems kinda daunting for this DD-build.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
"
Eregoth wrote:
"
kenx wrote:

and also im 81 sitting at about 4k life and 1.7k mana I still feel so undergeared and my regen is about 200 I dunno whatelse to do really as I got pretty good gear

Gear

While 4k life is a decent place to start doing maps, you seem to be lacking armour. I started maps with ~7k armour with Grace (not using AA) and that was fine.

Also while Saffel's is awesome, it kinda sucks for non-reflect maps since it has nearly no armour, ES and no life.

TL;DR Drop Saffel's for a decent armour (or evasion)/ES shield with life, get more armour/evasion on gear and you should feel a lot safer (Carcass will also give you a lot more survivability)

so I changed out my gear im close to 5k life now and enough regen for aa and about 5k armor with grace no where near your 7k so is that good orbad?

"
Potatooman wrote:
whats the order you suggest to quality gems?

Chance to Ignite > Ele Prolif > Other gems

Fire Pen I'd level if you're sure of yourself in terms of fighting against reflect.
Det Dead and Desecrate are also nice to level up for that cast speed. Very useful in tight situations.

Flam and Ele Weakness are also good to level.
IGN: Caessa_Undying - 4 FPS Immersive Rain 4 Lyfe!

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822740
"
Eregoth wrote:
"
kenx wrote:

Gear

I kinda agree on the Saffel's. I currently only run Saffel's but that's more because of me being used to it and relying heavily on the resists.
IGN: Caessa_Undying - 4 FPS Immersive Rain 4 Lyfe!

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822740
I'm sure this has been answered but.... what's the verdict on damage over time / burning damage nodes vs pure fire damage nodes?
"
Eregoth wrote:

I started mapping with 3.3k life and even now, level 85, I'm sitting at 4k health and 3.8k armor with Grace.

How in the hell did you get your armor so high, and without sacrificing mana regen from ES? Don't get me wrong, I'm able to do pretty much any map (I reroll ele reflect, because why not), with the exception of the 74 maze map boss. Fucking laser just eats me alive. I haven't built up a pool of 75+ maps, so I can't comment on 76,77, and 78 maps, but given that the 66 maps are the same, difficulty wise to me, as the 75 maps, I can't imagine it's that big of a jump.

my current gear

Waiting to 6 link my carcass jack...
(1.2)Puncture/Ice Shot duelist - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1078942
(2.0)The Party Crasher - Hardcore viable Ice Crash Duelist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1335704
Last edited by RediusMaximus on Mar 23, 2014, 12:09:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info