[Guide][HC] Fite's Detonate Dead Build (Scion/Templar/Witch)

"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
Caessa wrote:
"
kenx wrote:
so can someone explain how I should handle reflect mobs like what can kill me?

"The best way to counter reflect is to only det. the small mobs. The burn is more than enough to 1 or 2 shot bosses so no worries about lack of damage.

Alternatively, use Concentrated Effect, but do not use the Increased Area of Effect gem and/or too many Increased Area of Effect passives (remove all the +4%). Your Detonate will hit smaller groups (thus lessening the Reflect), yet the Elemental Proliferation burn will take care of the entire group.

If you want to be cheap, get a 4L Rime Gaze (which gives you the Concentrated Effect for free), and you can run your entire offense from a 4L, freeing up your chest

My exact setup!

I also don't use IAoE. Still dangerous if you're fighting a pack of beetles (they kinda stack on each other) and det a large corpse.
IGN: Caessa_Undying - 4 FPS Immersive Rain 4 Lyfe!

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822740
hello fellows corpsexploders .. I would like to talk of another topic ... how are you managing your single target dps? I feel that spamming desecrate+DD against rares and bosses is quite inefficient ... well it's not that bad , but probably the lack of proliferation and the double cast (desecrate+ DD) for one damage make me think we can find something better. (but maybe i'm wrong!)

Fite suggests the use of searing bond, but even if it's a huge dps increase , it seems quite inefficient too, because the totem dies fast against bosses, and the placement makes it often troublesome to mantain the damage. I think it's a great utility for the build (sort of decoy totem with high dps) but not for the purpose of the single target issue.

I used a lot flameblast, with mixed feeling .. sometimes seems great, sometimes too long to build up (we don't stack a lot of cast speed) and even with faster casting linked i'm not entirely sure if that 2 seconds to build up a 10 FB is worth it...

maybe fireball+lmp+concentrated effect+ fire penetration for shotgun purpose?
maybe firestorm ?
flame totem?
fire trap??

share some thoughts!! :)
Visit my shop!

〆〆〆 ( ( ( THE BALROG'S BAZAAR ) ) ) 〆〆〆
Last edited by ObscureBalrog on Mar 20, 2014, 5:08:25 AM
im still only running about 170 mana regen I don't kno what else to do there is a few nodes near the witch tree im gonna pick up but I need another 6 levels or so
^ uhm most of the time isn't a big problem, I just move the boss over a blue pack and it just melts or ye just using searing bond + dessecrate, it's a bit slow.

I only use flammability, the extra curse ele weak it's something I have to try.

The only boss I can't kill acutally with my current setup is the laby chimera, maybe just a searing staff in offhand is enough to oneshot stuff.

My gear
Spoiler

Passive
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAnEEBwSzBVsIZwj0DlwQdBJpFE0VIBW4FxwYPBjbGYUabB8CJKoo-imlKk0s6S0fNZI2xTbYNuk8BT1fPydBh0V-RZ1G10p9SshMs03YTipSU1KvVcZbr13GZ6BsFm0ZbqpxeXNTdPF5A3qqgW-CHoLHgziD24Uyh3aIG4jxi4yMdo9GkzqWMpeVmuCdrp48n9-iAKcIrUq1BLXytz64k70nwFTB88hbzSbOcc9l0NDYJNsL3Q3hc-Nq5CLr7uxV7SDvfO-F8B_z3fno_Ev8xf4K
No Fun Allowed
“Seek not greater wealth, but simpler pleasure; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity.”
hey also what are u guys sitting at for resists? are u caped?
"
kenx wrote:

85/81/81

What I did was cap all my other resists and had my fire be a bit low. Then I used Purity of Fire to make up the rest.

Have you considered picking up Vaal Pact? You are only 2 nodes away, and it seems like the way to go to be really safe vs reflect.
how did you get to 81 for ice/lightning?
elemental adaptation gives 2% max resist so it would be 77%

right now i am struggling at level 64 with 2.5K hp using clarity, grace, purity of elements.
i guess my gear is sub par. in order to use AA, i would need to discipline aura in order to get mana regen high enough.

maybe at 75, i'll be a bit better with another 10 points

"
Caessa wrote:
"
kenx wrote:

85/81/81

What I did was cap all my other resists and had my fire be a bit low. Then I used Purity of Fire to make up the rest.
"
S2K2003 wrote:
how did you get to 81 for ice/lightning?
elemental adaptation gives 2% max resist so it would be 77%

right now i am struggling at level 64 with 2.5K hp using clarity, grace, purity of elements.
i guess my gear is sub par. in order to use AA, i would need to discipline aura in order to get mana regen high enough.

maybe at 75, i'll be a bit better with another 10 points

"
Caessa wrote:
"
kenx wrote:

85/81/81

"
Drunner wrote:
Have you considered picking up Vaal Pact? You are only 2 nodes away, and it seems like the way to go to be really safe vs reflect.

I don't speak for others. But the fact is Vaal Pact does nothing for this build. There is no leech. And if you don't play like a derp reflect poses no threat. It'd be a waste of 2 skills to get Vaal Pact.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info