[Guide][HC] Fite's Detonate Dead Build (Scion/Templar/Witch)

"
kenx wrote:
"
Flapdrol wrote:
On Ambush, I run a reasonable amount of MF with Aurseize (50 IIR) and Arc-LMP-IIR (60 IIR) for boss kills with another 30 or so on gear for a total of 140, without compromising the effectiveness of the build in any way.

Its not the 400 of a dedicated MF, but combined with the tankyness (yesterday I found out that 78-Palace Evangelists just tickle me) and killing power of this build it is a *very* good compromise.

what about using culling strike with iir? or is it safer to use arc-lmp-iir?

I should have written Arc-Culling Strike-IIR. My bad.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
"
imissdiablo2 wrote:
have any mapping tips for me guys? i'm burning through chaos rerolling maps with blood magic, half regen, and no regen :(

Level another AA gem to the level where it works with half regen, as this is a very common mod. BM and no regen are fairly rare and can be rerolled.
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
just saw the video of fite riping to relect yesterday :/ sorry that happened bro I guess u didn't see the reflect off screen? just weird how u got hit for 5.4k life what would u change in your build now? always use ruby flask?
"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
kenx wrote:
"
Flapdrol wrote:
On Ambush, I run a reasonable amount of MF with Aurseize (50 IIR) and Arc-LMP-IIR (60 IIR) for boss kills with another 30 or so on gear for a total of 140, without compromising the effectiveness of the build in any way.

Its not the 400 of a dedicated MF, but combined with the tankyness (yesterday I found out that 78-Palace Evangelists just tickle me) and killing power of this build it is a *very* good compromise.

what about using culling strike with iir? or is it safer to use arc-lmp-iir?

I should have written Arc-Culling Strike-IIR. My bad.

what gear piece do u put those 3gems in so they don't take away from your build gems?
RIP Fite. Sorry man.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_1uN5SyusE

"
kenx wrote:
what gear piece do u put those 3gems in so they don't take away from your build gems?

You can just put that in the weapon swap. If you want even more IIR, you can use either Reaper's Pursuit or Stormsail when culling.
Spoiler

ah so u just switch weps real quick to get the killin blow? do you do that for blue packs as well?
"
kenx wrote:
ah so u just switch weps real quick to get the killin blow? do you do that for blue packs as well?

I don't really think people bother culling Blues.
IGN: Caessa_Undying - 4 FPS Immersive Rain 4 Lyfe!

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822740
"
kenx wrote:

My gear setup (I don't like swapping):

Weapon: Leap Slam (to be replaced by Empower), Vaal Skeleton (works wonders at boxes and bosses), Arctic Armor
Shield: Flammability, Desecrate, Faster Casting (it is better to have faster casting for Flammability than Empower IMO)
Gloves: CWDT, EC, IC, Increased Duration
Helmet: (Rime Gaze with free Concentrated Effect): DD,C2I, FP, EP
Body: Arc, Culling Strike, IIR, Faster Casting
Boots: RM, Clarity, Grace, PoF

I don't use the Molten Shell setup as I don't see the need: if something can hurt me faster than I can kill it, I prefer to run.
I use Leap Slam/Lightning Warp to maneuver around obstacles and not as a fast movement skill, so I don't see the need to link them with Faster Casting/Attacks.

I am saving fuses to 5L my current 6S4L Carcass Jack and add a 20/20 Concentrated Effect, and will then color the remaining socket to Blue (lightning Warp) or Red (Leap Slam). If it 6Ls before it 5Ls, I am not sure if adding Increased Area of Effect as gem #6 is a good idea since it increases your risk on reflect *very* significantly. With my new Carcass Jack, I think my radius is big enough. Everything outside the DD radius burns to death anyway.

I am really enjoying the unexpected tankyness of this build. Doing Dominus runs (to get alts->fuses->5L) and none of the normally deadly mobs inside the Sceptre of God (Evangelists, doggies, jumping lizards and chainlizards) even scratch me. On the Sceptre roof only the EK boss and Dom himself are dangerous.
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Mar 25, 2014, 8:57:58 AM
"
Caessa wrote:
I don't really think people bother culling Blues.

My previous MF build used FasterCasting Incinerate totems that fired 7 times per second, and on higher maps (where mobs have more HP) would reliably cull blues. If the map had mods like Enfeeble + Physical Resistance, even many whites were culled.

Complaints were plenty about not being able to see the floor (150IIQ/400IIR)

But you are right: switching gear for blues: too much work.
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Mar 25, 2014, 8:06:49 AM
"
imissdiablo2 wrote:
have any mapping tips for me guys? i'm burning through chaos rerolling maps with blood magic, half regen, and no regen :(

on half reg just move with lighting warp and u are fine, ye bm/no reg just reroll
No Fun Allowed
“Seek not greater wealth, but simpler pleasure; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info